WC Movie

Ghost

Emperor
I watched the WCM for the 1st time and have some questions and comments:

1)it´s me or the sound of the first computer (incoming data scene) was the same of the PADD of P2??

2)Why the ship is Tiger Claw and not Tiger´s Claw ??

3)If they are in the SF, why they have Navy ranks ???

4)The scenes of the asteroid field looks like the ones from WCP

5)What is the crap about *you die, you don´t exist*, if anyones dies nobody can remember them., why dont they grab the body of Forbes????

6)They use Pijamas and crazy hats in the 27th century ??? :D

7)What ships are in the Concordia Battle Group ???

8)The Kilrathis uses the sonar in the space ?????

9)In one scene Knight says that the payload was *heavy*... In space you dont have weight, lift or drag, right ???

I seen this somewhere but i heard that the faster you go, the more you weigh or something like that

the tiger's claw doesent look like it, cause they didn't want to make it like it :)

and yes, we love our pijamas :D

Originally posted by Ghost
I watched the WCM for the 1st time and have some questions and comments:

good for you.
1)it´s me or the sound of the first computer (incoming data scene) was the same of the PADD of P2??
dunno. never played P2
its a different ship
because navy ranks are cooler
not a question. deducting 10 points :p
5)What is the crap about *you die, you don´t exist*, if anyones dies nobody can remember them., why dont they grab the body of Forbes????
its thier way of getting over the loss. they should learn to tough it out
6)They use Pijamas and crazy hats in the 27th century ??? :D
and whats wrong with crazy hats?
big ones
radar is similar to sonar. they both use waves bouncing off objects to detect them
9)In one scene Knight says that the payload was *heavy*... In space you dont have weight, lift or drag, right ???
mass not weight. mass is the same whatever the gravity

You are wrong $tormin, it is the same ship, they just say it differently. Also for the wieght thing, Night was wrong, but as for mass this is a different story. Mass is a constant if I am 50 kilograms, i will stay 50 kilo's no matter where I am, if I add mass (food water air, ect) I will gain mass, if I loose mass (sh*t, piss, air, ect.) i will loose mass. Inertia is as told by newton, "an object at rest will stay at rest and an object in motion will stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside force" the more mass that is in an object, the more inertia and thus the more energy necessary to make said object change direction, slow down, speed up, ect. This is what knight would have meant

Another batch of questions and comments:

1)Snakeir !!!!! IIRC the Snakeir was introduced in SM2 or just a different Snakeir with the same name.???

2)I thought that Commodore was the captain of more than 1 CapShip ins some mission, battlegroup or something

3)This one is from End Run: Kilrah is a blue-green planet !!! in WC3 is a brown and dark one.

4)Knight is Joseph Kumalo or some other guy ????

5)The ships and the image quality looks like the cinematics of P2 !!!! :eek:

6)The Diligent looks one ship in P2, one of the Shuttles of the pirates IIRC

7)Are all the people in the movie British ????

[Edited by Ghost on 06-20-2001 at 22:40]

Guess the cats really screwed up their atmosphere. :D

No, not all the people in the movie are Brits...though it might seem like it at times...have no idea what the hell I mean by that :D. For exaple, there's Freddy Prinze Jr., Matthew Lillard, the girl that plays Angel, Tcetchy Karlo or however you spell his name, Jurgen Prochnow...you get the picture. ^_^

And the last time I checked, the rank of Commodore had been abolished...from the US Navy, at least. It's a mainly honorary rank applying to captains given control of one or more ships, and dates back at least to the 1700s. A good book on the subject is The Commodores about the early US Navy, and widely regarded as a classic. Or so I'm told.

Why on earth would you think that all the people in the movie are British? British actors are definitely a minority in the film, at least among the lead actors.

And yes, that sound does come from P2. I have no love for P2, but it was certainly a neat thing for them to put in... one of the many neat things that only long-time WC fans would notice.

It sounded british to me. :)

Are other things in the movie like easter-eggs or something ??

[Edited by Ghost on 06-20-2001 at 23:25]

Well, there's the voice of Merlin (Mark Hamill) :). Other than that... Maniac makes a reference to flying Hornets when they first board the 'Claw. Maniac and Rosie discuss the death of Lt. Dibbles (from the WC1 manual). On the strike mission, Paladin's computer identifies the freighters as Dorkir-class. Probably one or two other things that I don't remember.

If Knight said anything about the payload being "heavy" its not a reference to weight, it just means there is a lot of damage about to be done. Like Heavy fighters. They arent saying the fighter is heavier than medium fighters, they are saying it has more weapons and heavier shields.

1)Snakeir !!!!! IIRC the Snakeir was introduced in SM2 or just a different Snakeir with the same name.???

This Snakier is a different ship, a dreadnought.

2)I thought that Commodore was the captain of more than 1 CapShip ins some mission, battlegroup or something

No, a Commodore doesn't have to be in command of more than 1 ship.

3)This one is from End Run: Kilrah is a blue-green planet !!! in WC3 is a brown and dark one.
Yup, before WC3 the novels describe Kilrah as similar to Earth, which is then changed in WC3.

Same guy...

5)The ships and the image quality looks like the cinematics of P2 !!!! :eek:

Uh, get some glasses.:)

Maybe a little, but no major similarities.

It's blue-green in Armada as well. ;) And I think Kilrah is more red than brown.

It would need fairly large amounts of water and vegetation to support a population of several billion Kilrathi, though. As the Kilrathi are carnivores, they would need very large numbers of herd animals to feed on.

Best, Raptor

Yeah... it's a clever reference to Privateer 2.

Typo.

Navy and SF ranks are often swithced in WC... reference End Run and the WC2 section of the Kilrathi Saga manual.

That's not a question.

That was part of the plot of the movie. Did you watch the movie?

They couldn't recover her body because the Tiger's Claw had to go hide in an asteroid. It was being chased by destroyers.

6)They use Pijamas and crazy hats in the 27th century ???

As opposed to George Orwell's utopia, where no one wears pyjamas.

The only ships rendered are the Concordia SuperCruisers... but freeze-framing Tolwyn's message lets you see schematics of cruisers, destroyers, frigates and corvettes.

No... the humans used something that looked sort of like sonar in space... but it didn't involve sound... so it wasn't sonar...

Do you recall flying "heavy" fighters in the game?

A different Snakeir.

No, commodore is just a rank -- it carries no specific position.

It changed sometime between WC2 and WC3.

Yes, he's Joseph Khumalo.

5)The ships and the image quality looks like the cinematics of P2 !!!!

No they don't.

No it doesn't.

7)Are all the people in the movie British ????

Well... I think maybe one of the actors was... and one of the characters...

Ehh, that's a good story -- but the typo's been around since long before they knew it'd have British people in it.

Back