WC fans are Republicans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGruff said:
Definitely a Populist.

:confused:

Populous%20II%20-%20Trials%20of%20the%20Olympian%20Gods8.png

Good topic. I've always considered the WC universe slightly right-leaning, if only because of the negative portrayal of the 'doves' in Confed in the novels. I'm by no means an expert, though, and could be wrong.

And for what it's worth for the running tally, I'm a liberal, registered Democrat. I'm an officer of my local and statewide Democratic Parties, and I work for a Democratic Congressional campaign

http://www.mikewv.com (under construction)

:D

Mad Cow said:
Good topic. I've always considered the WC universe slightly right-leaning, if only because of the negative portrayal of the 'doves' in Confed in the novels. I'm by no means an expert, though, and could be wrong.

And for what it's worth for the running tally, I'm a liberal, registered Democrat. I'm an officer of my local and statewide Democratic Parties, and I work for a Democratic Congressional campaign

http://www.mikewv.com (under construction)

:D

So...you're a Republican eh? :)

The whole 'hawk v. dove' thing is only related to political parties in that it's the easiest way for college students to scream at vauge shapes during the four year periods of their lives in which they choose to be politically relevant.

I mean, you have Democrats in the White House for... what, both World Wars, the Spanish-American War, the Mexican War and Vietnam? Voting Republican isn't showing your support for military action voting Democrat sure as heck isn't showing your opposition.

You're right, Ridgerunner.

A Democrat like Clinton would never attack another country like Iraq, Serbia, Sudan, or Afghanistan!

Eh, on second thought, you're dead wrong :p.

Using military force isn't supporting the military. All the anti-war nutbags that you hear NOW were strangely silent when all that was going on. See, it was their boy that was sending the military off on half assed missions, and they're O.K. with that because there is a good chance for bad things to happen to the military. Which is exactly what they want because they "loathe" the military.

My main complaint about Clinton telling me where to go at all revolved around the massive hypocrisy of an actual draft dodger telling anyone to go off to any conflict, anywhere, for any reason. That and his asinine affinity for pole smokers and carpet munchers.

(Kinda misread LOAF's post. I missed the word "action". If you read his post without it, and then mine, that's why I responded the way I did. But since I missed that, it looks stoopid. Sorry.)

Texas Air National Guard, low test score, quickest promtion to officer grade in the history of U.S. armed forces history, missed drug tests, derliction of duty...uhm anybody?

Please stop being stupid on my internet. You don't get promoted to "officer grade", you start out training to be an officer or you enlist.

Except in exceedingly rare cases like battlefield comissions, an enlisted person never becomes an officer.

He finished basic enlisted training and was handed officer rank straight away without doing any officer training but apparently thats a quirk on the texas air national guard system.

You're either honestly confused or being dumb on purpose. The post-war Air Force didn't (/doesn't) train enlisted men to fly supersonic jets - since Mr. Bush was an F-102 pilot, he must have recieved exactly the training that differentiates enlisted personnel and officers.

Anyone in the Air National Guard is always considered a guardsmen and not a member of the active-duty Air Force, according to an Air Force spokeswoman in the Pentagon. A National Guard member may be called to active duty for pilot training or another temporary assignment and receive active-duty pay at the time, but they remain Guard members.

its semantics really, i'm not wholly wrong and your not wholly right but one thing is true, no matter how dangerous flying a plane is (which it is) Bush never had to face an enemy of any kind (unless you count those shifty mexicans).

If you go to the Air National Guard website you'll see that right there on the front it tells you that it's been a separate component of the Air Force since 1947 (http://www.ang.af.mil/).

In fact, you don't even need to go there: you can just look at the URL. It's a subdomain of the Air Force's af.mil.

In terms of the bureaucracy -- the one that provides the fighters and keeps all the services in order -- the ANG is a component of the Air Force.

Aircraft increased in complexity tenfold after World War 2 - and the number of pilot slots decreased by a similar amount. Officers fly jets, whether they're guardsmen or on active duty.

(Although that said, your initial claim doesn't even make sense on its face... because the basic thing that separates an officer from an enlisted person is a college degree... which Mr. Bush had before he joined the National Guard.)

I appreciate your cutesy teenage need to attack the President of the United States for anything and everything... but what you've said in this thread is just something some uneducated internet sub-moron came up with. You're welcome to have whatever political opinions you want, but we don't cotton to outright lies for the sake of lying here. Got it?

Paddybhoy said:
its semantics really, i'm not wholly wrong and your not wholly right but one thing is true, no matter how dangerous flying a plane is (which it is) Bush never had to face an enemy of any kind (unless you count those shifty mexicans).

Which part of *stop* being stupid didn't you get? I'm kidding, of course, it's obvious it was the 'stop'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back