WC fans are Republicans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maj.Striker said:
But you can't stick them with the responsibility of nuking two cities. The only person you can do that to is Harry Truman and possibly the flight crews of the bombers that carred the A bombs. Truman ordered the bombings, not the entire Democratic party.

I was commending, not condemning the nukings. I think it was the right thing to do and saved millions of lives, American AND Japanese. My comparison was that nowadays the Dems are acting like pussies, when protesting current events, or Clinton's half assed responses to terrorist attacks and not giving us what we needed to kick ass when he told us to go somewhere. "Go over here and do this, but don't hurt anybody." I really could go on and on. My point is, that even up to Lyndon Johnson the Dems had balls.

And not to let the Republicans off the hook, Reagan's response to the terrorist attack on the Marines in Lebanon left me enraged that we didn't go in there and level the place. And leaving Saddam in power in the first Gulf War, while in line with what was authorized by the UN, struck me as unfinished business. I could go on with stuff like that, too. But now we're taking it to the bad guys, and we need to kick it up a notch and stop pussyfooting around. But at least we're getting after them.

Okay, this is a formal warning. We have CIC Forums Rule #2 for a reason. Read it or don't post in this thread.

Ridgerunner said:
This is by no means 100% accurate, all the following positions are genaral in nature. There are liberals in the Republican Party, and conservatives in the Democratic Party. But mostly, Democrats are liberal, and Republicans are conservative. The following are party positions, although they are not absolute:

Democrats: See government as the solution to all problems.
Republicans: See the private sector as the solution to most problems, with the government having a limited role and doing things such as defense.

Democrats: Pro abortion.
Republicans: Pro life.

Democrats: Anti gun.
Republicans: Pro gun.

Democrats: Anti death penalty.
Republicans: Pro death penalty.

Democrats: Anti military. (Lately.)
Republicans: Pro military. (Always.)

Democrats: Fewer prisons, rehabilitate criminals.
Republicans: More prisons, keep criminals behind bars so they can't commit crime.

Democrats: Higher taxes.
Republicans: Lower taxes.

Democrats: Talk to the terrorists.
Republicans: Blow up the terrorists.

Ignoring the namecalling, you only correctly characterize the typical democratic positions in 3, 4, and 7. In general, the positions of both parties require careful thought and reason, and cannot be summarized in 3 words. When creating constructive arguments, make sure to accurately represent the other side's position first, then attack it with logical statements.

eddieb said:
Ignoring the namecalling, you only correctly characterize the typical democratic positions in 3, 4, and 7.

Using #2 as an example, you don't think that Democrats are generally pro abortion? That will come as quite a shock to NOW and NARAL. They will be shocked and saddened that they are almost exclusively supporting candidates that are not generally pro abortion.

And while we're at it, you probably would have been more accurate to say I was wrong about #3 because Democratic politicians make a big deal about going hunting no more than once each election to fool the rather large number of gun owning Democrat voters that they are NOT anti- gun. If they were honest about their positions on guns they would lose droves of supporters who only pay attention to what they say during elections, not what they say and do the rest of the time.

I was making general statements, and you can find exceptions to all of them on both sides. I was kinda going by majority positions. For instance, if you were to ask ALL Democrats are you pro or anti gun, more would say anti, although a lot would say pro. If you asked all Republicans the same question, more would say pro, but you could probably find quite a few that think no one but police and military should have them.

What namecalling? Suggesting that Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon had balls while Carter, Reagan (in a couple of cases) Bush, and Clinton acted like pussies in responding to terrorist attacks is namecalling? I consider it a curt evaluation of their performance. I could do a nice long list of things they did that I liked, and things that I didn't. I was trying to be breif, instead of posting a novella.

Let's do the current President as an example:

Dealing with terrorists:O.K. overall, but could be a lot tougher. But it is a work in progress, so a final evaluation is not possible. So far, more balls than pussy.

Dealing with illegal immigration, definitely a pussy. Since nothing at all seems to be going to be done about it, I think a final grade could be given now.

ChrisReid, I know I'm probably taking a chance here, but the point is to try to look at each parties' responses to terrorism. Just by WHAT THEY HAVE ACTUALLY DONE, I see that one party is tough with them, the other is not. It kinda seems to me that it would be in our national interest to smash the fly with a sledgehammer, rather than just shooing him away, when dealing with these dirtbags.

I thought we would be landing a Marine division in Lebanon in 1983 after they blew up the BLT and killed more than 200 Marines. I thought we would level the place before we left, just to show the world "This is what happens when you fuck with us." But we didn't. We lobbed a few 16 inch shells, tucked tail and ran. Although Reagan was a great president for most of the rest of his terms, I will never forgive him for letting the Marine Corps take that gigantic black eye without a fight.

And our responses now should strike terror into all who dare to challenge us. It's one thing to declare a war, don uniforms, and go forth to the field of battle and settle differences, but quite another to hide like a rat and attack innocent civilian men, women and children. Those types of tactics should be dealt with in the harshest possible way.

And any politician not willing to do that is a weenie. And that's a name they deserve to be called.

Semper Fi.

(Thanks McGruff.)

Ridgerunner said:
Using #2 as an example, you don't think that Democrats are generally pro abortion? That will come as quite a shock to NOW and NARAL. They will be shocked and saddened that they are almost exclusively supporting candidates that are not generally pro abortion.
Don't know anyone who would claim to be pro abortion. Most liberals would characterize their position as wanting abortions to be rare, legal, and safe.

Ridgerunner said:
ChrisReid, I know I'm probably taking a chance here, but the point is to try to look at each parties' responses to terrorism. Just by WHAT THEY HAVE ACTUALLY DONE, I see that one party is tough with them, the other is not. It kinda seems to me that it would be in our national interest to smash the fly with a sledgehammer, rather than just shooing him away, when dealing with these dirtbags.

And our responses now should strike terror into all who dare to challenge us. It's one thing to declare a war, don uniforms, and go forth to the field of battle and settle differences, but quite another to hide like a rat and attack innocent civilian men, women and children. Those types of tactics should be dealt with in the harshest possible way.

If I were to reply to your post, I'd be breaking Rule #2, which is a clear sign this thread has gone and run itself into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back