WC Comic: Halcyon's Callsign

Kenshi

Spaceman
We're giving you, the public, a shot at coming up with a callsign for our main character, 2nd Lt. Thomas Halcyon. However, there are a few rules...

1. It must be an original name. No names from any other WC source; ie: Maverick, Maniac, Jazz, etc.

2. Any inappropriate or offensive callsign will not only be ignored but will likely cause you to be ridiculed by other forum members.

We'll pick the best one on the evening of Wednesday, December 8th.

Have fun...

My submission for Halcyon's callsign will be keeping with the inadvertant 'Chess' theme of the old callsign. I believe this particular callsign still fits with "strict control and impressive performance":

"King"

FrostyNSO said:
My submission for Halcyon's callsign will be keeping with the inadvertant 'Chess' theme of the old callsign. I believe this particular callsign still fits with "strict control and impressive performance":

"King"

Lets take that one step further and make it a play on his last name: "Kingfisher".

Maybe not "Kingfisher" (just doesn't hit well for me), but just "Kingfish"?

But yeah, that'd be a great play on words =)

Yeah, but I'm assuming this guy will end up a Wing Leader. The King is in charge, not the Rook.

: I wasn't referring to the control and impressiveness of the King as a chess piece, but a real king. I related it to chess by name only =)

Considering that callsigns are bestowed upon a pilot by other people, they're not always flattering. I'd suggest the name "Biscuits".

FrostyNSO said:
Maybe not "Kingfisher" (just doesn't hit well for me), but just "Kingfish"?

But yeah, that'd be a great play on words =)

"Holy Mackel"

Attachments

• kingfish3.jpg
    kingfish3.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 222
Now wheres dat dere Saphire! Inna Fresh Air Taxi Cab!

I suggest the following callsign for Lieutenant Halcyon:

Surgeon

Someone with precision in the cockpit and is cool under pressure.

According to his personal biography he seems to be a smart guy who won't get himself killed by taking foolish risks. I suggest the callsign "Einstein"

His callsign really should reflect some event of his academy days, rather than an arbitrarily assigned trait. What about "Junior?" if we're playing up his connection to daddy. Maybe straight-laced wonderpilot had one bad night through his academy days, and as pennance, he was dubbed "Chunks" during the next morning's training flight.

I'm bored.. so...

http://thesaurus.reference.com
3 entries found for bishop.

Entry: clergyman
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: minister
Synonyms: abbey, archbishop, bible thumper, bishop, blackcoat, cardinal, cassock, chaplain, churchman, cleric, clerk, curate, dean, devil dodger, divine, ecclesiast, ecclesiastic, evangelist, father, harp polisher, missionary, monsignor, padre, parson, pastor, pontiff, preacher, predicant, priest, primate, pulpitarian, pulpiteer, rabbi, rector, reverend, sermonizer, shepherd, sky pilot, sky scout, the rev, turn-around collar, vicar

Entry: lord
Definition: master
Synonyms: aristocrat, baron, bishop, captain, commandant, commander, count, dad, don, duke, earl, governor, king, leader, liege, magnate, man upstairs, marquis, monarch, nobility, noble, nobleman, old man, overlord, parliamentarian, patrician, peer, potentate, prince, royalty, ruler, seigneur, sovereign, superior, viscount

Entry: minister
Definition: church head
Synonyms: abbot, archbishop, archdeacon, bible-beater, bishop, chaplain, churchman, clergyman, cleric, clerical, clerk, confessor, curate, deacon, dean, diocesan, divine, ecclesiastic, glory roader, gospel pusher, lecturer, missionary, monk, padre, parson, pastor, preacher, preacher man, prelate, priest, psalm singer, pulpiteer, rector, reverend, saddlebag preacher, shepherd, sin hound, sky pilot, vicar

I like "Deacon"

or "Harp Polisher"
(its a bit ungainly, but it sounds like it could have a good story behind it)

-J

I like Deacon too. Or if you want something that may have been given by a fellow pilot that makes fun of the character, "Choirboy".

Back