WC:CD "Midway Class Carrier"

JasonRocZ

Vice Admiral
Within the next day or Two I'll be showing both the Updated Midway Carrier Herself and the Corel Sea.... Stay Tuned :D

One thing is for sure it's much harder to work on the capships....Also I have to figure out how to get intakes and Engines to be lit up in the model. It effects it within the vision engine. But I just want to get the bulk of the thing done first then go for the specials

Here are some preliminaries....

I really was shooting to just get the shape of the Port Broughton while also maintaining certain design Q's from the original Midway. This is more or less the generic shape.....As far as The original Midway I won't be doing any changes to the original model except adding updating the textures. But So far here is the TCS Coral Sea ....You'll notice the shape overall is a lil more similar to the Port Broughton it has been shortened a bit widened a bit, and also made to look beefier, Of coarse I'm not anywhere's near done but here's a progress shot. There are no decals, or anything BUT I was able to figure out the engine, Bridge, & intakes to light up on there own light. Let me know what ya think.

Attachments

• CS01.jpg
    CS01.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 163
  • CS02.jpg
    CS02.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 127
  • CS03.jpg
    CS03.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 119
  • CS04.jpg
    CS04.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 142
  • CS05.jpg
    CS05.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 139
The Actual Model itself which does not include the constituent parts (Engine, Bridge, Launchers, Hangers, Turrets, Etc.) is 1050 polies..... I'm limited to roughly 1200 Plus or minus 10 polies haha .....I'm thinking on losing a couple of details in the rear of the ship which include 2 of those fins. That takes me down to 970 polies....But I'm not sure... I only have roughly 200 polies to play around with... Simple Shapes will be coming the Coral Seas Way I would assume :)

Quite nice, though I think You Shouldn't get rid of the side - pointing thingies in the front as both Prophecy and Arena models have them

I'm working on the model as we type....You may change your mind after You seen the other details I've put on the model...That is a very generic texturing as the "base" But I'm adding extra details.... When they are generic they always look a lil ehh

Updated Screenshots...Check it! Just added some more details reshaped a few things....etc...Also I included 2 shots of a naked model (No textures) :p

Attachments

• CS9.jpg
    CS9.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 104
  • CS8.jpg
    CS8.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 102
  • CS7.jpg
    CS7.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 133
  • CS6.jpg
    CS6.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 113
  • CS5.jpg
    CS5.jpg
    670.5 KB · Views: 117
  • CS4.jpg
    CS4.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 141
  • CS3.jpg
    CS3.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 128
  • CS2.jpg
    CS2.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 125
Now THAT looks like one massive dreadnought. Looks like it could fly through any enemy capship without even firing a shot. I like it.

I like it she dose look powerful but I think the fins aren’t needed I don’t see why there their in the first place but she is coming along nicely.

I added some "Arena" esq details...
Antennas, some type of individual units, a couple of dishes, moved some things around.

Check it ....

Also I'll probably get rid of the fins but I haven't decided yet

Attachments

• CS204.jpg
    CS204.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 118
  • CS203.jpg
    CS203.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 131
  • CS202.jpg
    CS202.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 108
  • CS201.jpg
    CS201.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 109
I added some "Arena" esq details...
Antennas, some type of individual units, a couple of dishes, moved some things around.

Check it ....

Also I'll probably get rid of the fins but I haven't decided yet

I'll point out that while the additions are neat, the dishes and habitation modules on the Port Broughton in Arena are because it has been transformed into a space station of sorts and is no longer being used as an active carrier.

Oh....I was thinking that some of them were refitted....I don't really think the dishes I'll actually be able to include in the mod...the Antennas I will and the other modules I mean they look really cool on the model.....I'm not sure If I'll get rid of them but the dishes won't be there.

Here's some Comparison shots of the original Midway (Minus the Plasma Weapon) and the Coral Sea. and some Background information on why the design went the way it did. I don't think I'm giving enough information for everyone Bwahaha.

As you can see the Coral Sea...Is shorter in length, a lil taller as far as overall. I really wanted to show that the Midway was the flag ship and that the Coral Sea, was made after the original, So we see some missing parts and in fact a few additions, (Perhaps they aren't needed hence the front feet missing). The Coral Sea has been outfitted to outperform the Midway (But we see it doesn't, as far as wartime achievements). The armor is thicker, and the overall engineering of the chassis of the ship has been shortened also. The Intake to engine area was made longer to provide more room for the engineering area in general. The front area was shortened as were the launch tubes. The Hanger is a lil larger to accomodate midsized transports. The bridge area was also made larger to make room for more personnel including a larger marine contingent on the ship, With the Nephilim reportedly pillaging much of the Gemini Sector, The Midway will be dispatched to that area to scout the areas and come up with a damage report, But it doesn't have the large area to house both marines and war torn civilians.....The Coral Sea has been ordered to relieve the Midway in the area of Epsilon Sector Deneb Quadrant to dispatch a Nephilim force that has been wrecking havoc on the surrounding areas, no doubt due to the Hhallas wormhole in the area. They are not sure the size of the fleet of Nephilim but the Midway has been holding position there at Goddard (for the past month) until your arrival at which point they will make way for The Gemini Sector. From the last battle, the Coral Sea had to be repaired and refitted due to unsightly damage to her engines and bridge areas while coming to the aid of the Mistral Sea (CVX-2) Which is now left adrift and destroyed in one of the largest engagements so far with the bugs in the T'Lan Meth system. The Coral Sea Held off the bugs from advancing but at a high price.

Attachments

• MiC2.jpg
    MiC2.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 127
  • MidC0.jpg
    MidC0.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 116
  • MidC01.jpg
    MidC01.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 107
  • MidC5.jpg
    MidC5.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 126
  • MidC6.jpg
    MidC6.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 127
Here's a Hi-Res Shot... with a few Wyverns, a Broadsword, a few Darket Dragonflys, A Ralaxath, A Southhampton, Coral Sea, Midway, a Couple Sha'Kar, Enjoy ....

Also to show the Logo on the Coral Sea...

Attachments

• coco1.jpg
    coco1.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 122
  • CoralFL.jpg
    CoralFL.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 211
Back