WC:CD "Fan Input"

although the Longbow looks like it was Re-Modeled for the Arena Game it's possible the artist thought that the longbow was backwords because of the rear turret?

Let me know about the color too....I changed it to purple as something different...Maybe pink or turquoise? I do dig the yellow...But I'm just looking for somethin a lil different...(Not really seen in WC all that often)

I like the purple due to its similarities to the accents on certain Excaliburs. One of the great things about WC3 vs WC4 is all the alternate paint schemes shown, so anything is possible. My favorite for the Longbow is probably the blue.

I revisited the Tarpon...Updated the Textures quite a Bit and a few of the shapes.... I wanted this to be similar to how the Wasp fights with some type of Swarmer type of missile racks, Although not really an interceptor, The Nephilim Swarmers sound like a fairly cool idea. So I added something of a Honeycomb effect on the top of the ship.

Hopefully I can get done with all these ships at some point... Most of which I've already implemented into the engine. But there's a few of the Nephilim which I still have to put into the engine. Also I'm still working on the Earwig which I haven't posted up any shots as of yet...but Enjoy.

Attachments

• Tarp08.jpg
    Tarp08.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Tarp09.jpg
    Tarp09.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 152
I like the purple due to its similarities to the accents on certain Excaliburs. One of the great things about WC3 vs WC4 is all the alternate paint schemes shown, so anything is possible. My favorite for the Longbow is probably the blue.

I always preferred the yellow and black. I don't know why, the blue just didn't look right. The yellow looked a bit more... for lack of a good word "Techie"

It looks like life has taken hold of him and work can’t move on yet? But all I hope for is that he doesn’t quit working on it, it can take all the time he needs as long as he lets us get something on the mod.

It looks like life has taken hold of him and work can’t move on yet? But all I hope for is that he doesn’t quit working on it, it can take all the time he needs as long as he lets us get something on the mod.

Que? Yeah is there any update?

WC:CD Project Update

I haven't been on the WCnews/Crius for quite sometime. I want everyone to know that the project is still moving forward. Also with the new Arena Model archive that has recently been made public. I'm also trying to implement a few of the actual Arena Models (With somewhat different textures). Only a few of the ships to be honest. And they will also have to be somewhat different (Poly count numbers). But to have these as a basic is pure awesome!

At the moment. I have all of the Nephilim ships that I have done in the Vision Engine (SO/Prophecy). Also I have ALL of the Pirate, Mercenary, Confed, Firekkan, & Kilrathi ships implemented. There are a few Capital Ships in which I still have to finish or at least get into implementing. One is the Indomitable Class Battlecruiser from Arena. I had made my own version along with the help of a Crius user. And will probably use that version. And maybe implement a few of the textures that I couldn't seem to get exactly right from the Arena archive.

One thing that did take me a long time to not really master but to make it the way the gameplay should be. Was basically the stats of a few ships and weapons.

For instance. In Secret Ops there is no Neutron gun. In WCCD I have implemented the Neutron gun into the engine just for one reason really, and that was to say that maybe "Confed isn't putting it on there newest fighters but I'm sure that there are plenty of non-military ships that have these weapons still on them." So It has taken a lot of time to get the Ships, Weapons, Capital Ships, to get them not only to the way that are in previous games (or least similar). For instance the Neutron gun was slow moving, also had a long refire delay, but packed a pretty big punch. I made that similar to how it was in previous games (WC2,WC3,etc..) without sacrificing that Secret Ops Feel.

I want you guys to know that this project is not dead it just came to a stand-still for a little bit as I moved into a new employment position. Look for new updates within the coming weeks :D Cheers!

Sincerely,
JasonRocZ

For instance the Neutron gun was slow moving, also had a long refire delay, but packed a pretty big punch. I made that similar to how it was in previous games (WC2,WC3,etc..) without sacrificing that Secret Ops Feel.

I for one am glad you brought it back. In wc1/2 I thought it was the best gun in the game. Refire rate sucked, but the rage was decent... although I didn't think it was slow moving, but you are free to your own interpretation and I'm sure it'll still be awesome.

To date I still love the laser/neutron combo on the original Rapier.

At the moment I'm analyzing The Arena Models. And seeing which ones I may potentially want to use. Or just use the models I've done. It's kinda of a toss up at the moment.

At the moment I'm analyzing The Arena Models. And seeing which ones I may potentially want to use. Or just use the models I've done. It's kinda of a toss up at the moment.

Use the models you did. Honestly, this is YOUR game. Your attention to detail and everything else. Don't turn this into an Arena sequal. I've seen your models and I think they're great.

Use the models you did. Honestly, this is YOUR game. Your attention to detail and everything else. Don't turn this into an Arena sequal. I've seen your models and I think they're great.

There is 2 models in which I haven't been extremely happy with. That is the Paktahn Phantom ( I had to guess on what the rear looked like, and my guess sucked) and The Dralthi Striker (Again I had to guess on what the rear looked like. Just because of certain issues of size and texture placement on my part.

There is a few things I would like to use from the new models as far some of the base items. Some of the Indomitable textures I may also utilize (I had to guess on what the rear looked like). But keep check up I'll be revamping a few things as I come along

There is 2 models in which I haven't been extremely happy with. That is the Paktahn Phantom ( I had to guess on what the rear looked like, and my guess sucked) and The Dralthi Striker (Again I had to guess on what the rear looked like. Just because of certain issues of size and texture placement on my part.

There is a few things I would like to use from the new models as far some of the base items. Some of the Indomitable textures I may also utilize (I had to guess on what the rear looked like). But keep check up I'll be revamping a few things as I come along

If you really need a reference, the method I posted for fudging a material file should get you the reference you need.

Here's an Update to the "Coral Sea" (The Confed Capship presence that you see from time to time in the series of missions)

As you can see I cleaned up alot of the wierd shapes that I had before and also the newer version has a blueish/Teal hue to certain parts... Here's the post up of a few before and after shots. I don't really think I'm touching this ship anymore than it already is. As you can see where the ship launchers are in front...a few items added from the Arena Port Broughton. (Too make it look a lil enhanced or updated). Also some of the Textures have been used from the Arena model (Mainly the overall Ship texture, which I took the hue down to something a lil more grey instead of brown/yellowish).

Also I've been back at doing the Indomitable for a few of the textures. The Revenge ship. Will also be going through a Texture Revamp. I'll keep you guys tuned in tho. I got pretty motivated after those Arena ships were made available, So I'm pumpin along.

Attachments

• OC1.jpg
    OC1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 149
  • OCS2.jpg
    OCS2.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 156
  • NCS1.jpg
    NCS1.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 156
  • NCS2.jpg
    NCS2.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 144
  • NC3.jpg
    NC3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 138
Here's an Update to the "Coral Sea" (The Confed Capship presence that you see from time to time in the series of missions).

I have a sudden urge to get into a broadsword and bring that thing down with torpedos! Seriously that thing is going boom first chance I get. I can't help it... The Tiger's Claw, I had to blast. The Victory was really easy to bring down. As was the Lexington and Intrepid. I blasted the Midway at least three times... mostly because I loved the heavy plasma gun. The Cerberus... I lost count. I just hated that ship so much.

Oddly, the Concordia is the only one I couldn't blast.

What other ideas do people have as far as where you may like the story to go. I have it broken down into 2 Parts.

The first part includes (For the most part) Flying off of a Mercenary Destroyer. With no real affiliation/Allies with any races, Confed, Kilrathi,etc. So expect to be flying against Pirates, Kilrathi, Local Militia (If need be). And perhaps even Firekkans.

The second part includes, flying off the Mercenary Destroyer while being hired by Confed to aid them in there fight against the Nephilim.

Any ideas?

why not also being hired by kilrathi, since the player is a sort of freelancer/mercenary. I could imagine helping confed with their problems against nephs and kilrathi loyalists and helping the kilrathi on the other side to aid them in their clan battles

why not also being hired by kilrathi, since the player is a sort of freelancer/mercenary. I could imagine helping confed with their problems against nephs and kilrathi loyalists and helping the kilrathi on the other side to aid them in their clan battles

Hmm That's not a bad idea... Be hired by perhaps some "Unnamed at the moment" Kilrathi Clan trying to flee the Nephilim attacks. I kinda dig that. Especially since I have done a few Kilrathi ships.

you could also work for the firekkans, who are being harassed by kilrathi loyalists/fanatics

there are a lot of combinations as you see, you could even work out some conspiracies if you like to ;)

Back