WC 6 Plans?

ninja

Spaceman
If Origin does make WC6 do you think there should be more in planet battles? Im talking about in the dog fights not in space.
And there should be pets:D

Originally posted by ninja
If Origin does make WC6

one can only hope

do you think there should be more in planet battles? Im talking about in the dog fights not in space.
And there should be pets:D

i never like flying in an atmosphere. they always screwed up my power settings and then i'd have to take time away from disposing of the enemy to correct them.

Re: Re: WC 6 Plans?

Originally posted by Aries

i never like flying in an atmosphere. they always screwed up my power settings and then i'd have to take time away from disposing of the enemy to correct them.

I was almost the exact same way, never did like atmosphere combat.

I liked popping into the atmosphere for a little scrap - but like you, I didn't like how it messed with my power settings.

yeah inner-atmosphere dog fighting is no fun... now dog fighting in Astroid fields, Nebulas, Quasars, or just about anything that makes radar useless can be really fun :D

So let me try to follow this thread: the consensus is that atmospheric missions are great.. but they were ruined because the game engine reset your power settings? So the only apparent solution is to cut atmospheric missions from the next game?

Well, honestly. What are the actualy chances of a WC6 coming out?

I figured pretty much nil.

Don't get me wrong, if by some miracle it DOES go into development, you won't find anyone more happier than me. ( Except everyone on this board...I think that'll be equal happiness. )

I think if there was another WC game, it would be so different from the WC we know and love, that many people would be greatly dissapointed.

Well, to respond to the question objectively, there were plans for WC6, but there aren’t anymore. Origin is a company dedicated to the MMPG Ultima Online. However, the same thing that has cast a shadow over the WC universe might be the thing that brings it back: a change in the market. Right now, games like WC are on a low. If this kind of game becomes interesting to produce again, it would be sense for WC6 to be produced.

If (and I'd rate the chances at about 50/50 in the next three years) there's another 'major' Wing Commander game, it probably *won't* be WC6.

What about Freelancer 2?

I haven't played the game, don't have the time to due to studies. Is there opportunity for a full blown sequel, that is, not a mere add-on?

Now that I've thought about it, if they ever do go back and make WC games again, I'd like to see the new ones follow someone who hasn't been fleshed out already (never been in any game), like Kevin Tolwin. Heck, End Run and Fleet Action alone provide some hefty combat, and now that computers are getting more and more capable of handling large quantities of things, those giant battles can probably be pulled off.

And the only character that would be involved that was acted would be Adm. Tolwin IIRC. However, I would be willing to let them cast someone other than McDowell if they had to, or even dropped the FMV in favor of in-game or pre-rendered video, ala Freelancer.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
If (and I'd rate the chances at about 50/50 in the next three years) there's another 'major' Wing Commander game, it probably *won't* be WC6.

Specially considering that there was no "WC5" per se to begin with. :D If they make such game, it probably be a "WC: Something" game like Prophecy.

Originally posted by t.c.cgi

And the only character that would be involved that was acted would be Adm. Tolwin IIRC. However, I would be willing to let them cast someone other than McDowell if they had to, or even dropped the FMV in favor of in-game or pre-rendered video, ala Freelancer.
(Pictures Tolwyn telling Blair that he may not own this place, but has a sizeable stake in its operations.)

NOOOOOO! :D

--Eder

Freelancer isnt Wing Commander. Freelancer is...Privateer light. But not Wing Commander. Never ever and will never be.

Originally posted by Eder
(Pictures Tolwyn telling Blair that he may not own this place, but has a sizeable stake in its operations.)

NOOOOOO! :D

--Eder

I just meant the way character cinematics were handled, not the... uhh... "diverse" conversation tree. :p

Back