WC 1 Question

Guys, guys, c'mon! Think about it... without the chalkboard, no warcry for the Maniac! Given the timezone I really wonder if any one of the crew ever saw a crayon before in his or her life, or maybe in the museum... let alone know how and why to use it.
Now at least we can enjoy Maniac bloating "Chalk up another for the Maniac!" in the episodes following.

May LOAF correct me if I'm wrong!

Originally posted by Preacher

"obsolute" = Can I assume that this is a hybrid word, combining "absolute" with "obsolete", meaning "absolutely obsolete"?...

Very clever!;)

hehe, leave him alone... just 'cause he's a newby doesn't mean you gotta nit-pick him ;)

Originally posted by mpanty
Eh... the high scores of the Train Sim appear on the monitor though...
That's an interesting point...

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Buah, are you sick or why do you kill cats in your free-time? ;)
Mekt, it's called WC1/2/3. ;)

We have high tech computer screens *now*, but there are still chalkboards. Why would this be different in 600 years?

In the future, maybe you shouldn't be there! :p

<Play eerie 50s Sci-Fi music here>

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
We have high tech computer screens *now*, but there are still chalkboards. Why would this be different in 600 years?

how about a simple shortage of the raw materials needed to create them? 600 more years of tennis, soccer, baseball and football should make a real dent in our chalk reserves! LOL

Originally posted by Mav23

hehe, leave him alone... just 'cause he's a newby doesn't mean you gotta nit-pick him ;)

I ain't pickin' on him; I just find that word's spelling to be ingeniously amusing (whether that was his intention or not, who knows);)

Not to mention that someone might want to 'improve' his or her performance. :) Human error can stuff things up too. It shouldn't be too hard for a monitor to be linked to the database which keeps record of the flight recorder disks.

I should think the ease of use and complete dependability of a chalk board or dry-erase board would be exceedingly preferable to a computerized method which will invariably cost more and can wear down, crash, or be destroyed by enemy fire.

If they work fine now, there's no reason they shouldn't in the future, and there's absolutely no call to replace them ever with some radical 'hi tech' solution so much more prone to the entropy of combat.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Otherwise you wind up with a lot of New Coke and Mustang IIs.

Originally posted by Frosty
I should think the ease of use and complete dependability of a chalk board or dry-erase board would be exceedingly preferable to a computerized method which will invariably cost more and can wear down, crash, or be destroyed by enemy fire.

Wow, Chalk Boards can't be destroyed?! Why don't we impliment them in our military if they're so indestructable. :D

Back