Wasp screenshots

Howzat

Spaceman
G'day everyone,

My first post, hope this is in the right section. I was hoping someone would be able to provide me with some high res screenshots of a wasp from different angles.
I was thinking of having a go at modelling one using lightwave, because it's a relatively simple shape and hopefully not beyond my capabilities. Dan Sumner's model is a great reference, but you can never have too much reference material and a few in game full screen shots would be a great help.

Kudos to you guys for keeping such a great Wing Commander community going, if ever a game was worthy it is WC.

Thanks, hope someone can help.

Tom

Welcome aboard! I can't help, but hopefully someone else can. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks for the welcome :)
I found that picture of the wasps last night, very nice and helpful. However if I could get some more it would be even better.
Is it as easy as someone pressing printscreen while in game to get a couple of pictures?

Here is a render of Dan Sumner's model, converted to lightwave format. I plan on rebuilding it with more detail hopefully.

wasp-credit.jpg

Hey, you can never have too much detail when the model's only gonna be used for pre-rendered stuff.

Howzat said:
Is it as easy as someone pressing printscreen while in game to get a couple of pictures?
Yes.

BTW, that BMP I linked to is clearly pre-rendered, not an in-game screenshot.

Wedge009 said:
Cool, now all I need is for someone to press printscreen when a wasp is on screen when playing prophecy... Hint hint :D

BTW, that BMP I linked to is clearly pre-rendered, not an in-game screenshot.
lol if only prophecy handled high poly models like that... that would have been a sight my old Pentium at probably 0.5 fps.

Don't you have Prophecy? I don't have WCP installed right now, and I haven't had free time to play anything for quite a while now.

You know, i was scared someone would post pics of real-life wasps, the insects. I have a phobia of bees, wasps and hornets....<<...>> *runs away from this thread*

I don't know what happened to my Prophecy CD... It was so long ago since I played it. I'm disabled these days anyway and am unable to play space sims unfortunately. I can do a bit of 3D modelling though and I thought I would have a go at the wasp... Looks like no one can help anyway, I'll just have a go at it with the reference material that I have.
Thanks

In fact, i'll NEVER trust you even, or listen to you, or follow your links, or do ANYTHING with you, except play on WCzone.

I'd say something about that whole exchange, but I'm probably pushing my luck tonight as it is. I don't like being banned. You'll survive for now.

TheLowlyDog said:
In fact, i'll NEVER trust you even, or listen to you, or follow your links, or do ANYTHING with you, except play on WCzone.
:) well you did say you ran away from this thread... it's not like I made you follow that link, if I was really nasty I would have inserted it as an image ;)

Wedge009 said:
"These days"? What happened?
I dived into some shallow water and broke my neck in 2000. You know those ads about checking the depth of water before jumping in? You REALLY should listen to them!
Not being able to play Wing Commander is just one unfortunate result from being a quadriplegic ;)

Ouch man, ouch, that's gotta suck...well, I'm just glad you didn't insert it, NOW NO MORE BEE BULLSHIT!
Btw, that IS a nice 3d renduring.

Back