Want a Wing Commander Relaunch?

Would You buy a WC-Relaunch package

• Yes - under all circumstances

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • like above but please add things like Armada etc.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Yes - if it's not too expensive

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • like above but please add things like Armada etc.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm . . . just one word to describe this feeling I have . . . though "too late" and "why, ye merciful powers, why" spring to mind that one word stands out . . . it is "DOH!" :p

Yeah you missed it by a month or two. There were a few front page stories about it.

Hmm . . . just one word to describe this feeling I have . . . though "too late" and "why, ye merciful powers, why" spring to mind that one word stands out . . . it is "DOH!" :p

Fortunately it's still easy to find all of the main Wing Commander games. eBay has bounced back from Christmas and has a full stock again, and half.com/amazon.com are good sources as well. You can get all of the DOS/Windows games running easily on computers today with our Tech Support section walkthroughs.

Stop being stupid.

Hey DaBrain, LOAF said the same thing to me on my first post. I think that makes us brothers.:p

Anyway, I'd hold out for a remake or continuation of the series, rather than a package containing nothing more than the games we already have. And as for buying Arena being the best way to show support for Wing Commander, there's also EA Replay for the PSP which I bought for the sole purpose of playing the original WC. I did find a couple games on there I kinda liked. But Arena would probably make the point better than Replay since its just WC. To bad I have no 360.
See, I can be intelligent.:)

Hey DaBrain, LOAF said the same thing to me on my first post. I think that makes us brothers.:p

No, not really. In your case, I completely agree with him. Your idea actually is stupid.

In my case he just didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

I can assure you that LOAF is plenty familiar with EA NDAs - as well as internet dorks who think it enhances their e-status to brag about them.

I can assure you that LOAF is plenty familiar with EA NDAs - as well as internet dorks who think it enhances their e-status to brag about them.

Hehe, yeah. No one in the gaming industry finds NDAs as amusing as people on the internet who want to feel important (and let me be clear in saying that I'm *not* in the industry - I've only been brought in to consult on various projects over the last ten years...)

The issue here is just silly, though. The sheer logic of 'my friend might get a job with EA and then I wouldn't be able to tell you all the secrets I would then surely know' indicates simple internet chest-puffery.

Imagine the scenario. His friend is in the running for a job at EA (EA Germany? The mobile games studio?) and he somehow already knows what the secret project is he'll be working on (contrary to popular belief, EA isn't a single giant collective -- I knew people at EA Burnaby who had no idea Arena was being developed right there...) and also has so much pull with his future employers that he's somehow guaranteed to his friend that once hired he'll arrange for a second NDA so he can tell his buddy about what he's doing?

... and after all of that it's okay to both reveal that the project is Wing Commander and to reveal how and why the relationship exists in WINK WINK NOD NOD form at a message board you know is followed by EA executives? That's all right as long as you make it clear that no other details will ever be announced :)?

I mean, there are lots of people (many who post here) working for EA... and some of them may have something to do with Wing Commander... but I'm pretty darned skeptical of this particular claim.

Hehe, yeah. No one in the gaming industry finds NDAs as amusing

Yeah, I agree.

'my friend'

Actually, it's just somebody I met a few years ago. He is a big Wing Commander fan and he knows what I have been doing.

he'll arrange for a second NDA so he can tell his buddy about what he's doing?

It's not that simple. If thinks I'm good enough, he might suggest contacting me.

I mean, there are lots of people (many who post here) working for EA... and some of them may have something to do with Wing Commander

Yes, that is perfect, actually.

Back