Very very sad news

I realize that the character is dead, but I mean that if he was alive/existed I would like those two men to be in those positions. Even better perhaps Zeke (aka Prince Thrakath) would make a good secretary of agriculture.

I am aware that both Jason Bernard and Captain Eisen are dead, I was just saying that if the Character existed in this timeline/universe (for all we know he might, in about 600 years)I would like him to be VP with yet another victonal character as the Presiden. And yes the Sad News, while what Im started out was sad to me, I meant it as something for people to laugh at, thats why I have the WC4.123106 references and the general Kilrathi references, should be more about Jason Bernard but its not exactly news he hasn't been with us for a while

All of you please can this bs about the election! Guess what? There's nothing any of you can do about it except for bitch and moan, which you've already done enough of. This page is for WING COMMANDER, not political commentary. Anything WC related you'd like to talk about now?

DUDE what were my last posts, they are about Paladin and Eisen and once and for all I tied in my JOKE to WC if you actually read the whole thread!!!

Dragonmage, if we allow this thread to exist, then you most definitely have nothing to say about it.

Silent Warrior: You are being very dense, the american election's economic influences will effect the entire world. If you don't think that the world economy is important then maybe you should take a class on economics b/c economics is what drives the world. That is not the point the point is that I thought it would be funny to make this thread then everybody took it seriously and so did i

A reason why our election was covered on your tv could be one of two reasons. 1. Most swedish tv is american tv with swedish subtitles (at least around stockholm where I spent a few weeks last year) and 2. It was some funny stuff. The Us election was such a joke your tv programers probably thought they could get great ratings over the huge JOKE that is the US electoral process

Not to stomp on anyones ideas or right to express their opinion, but I have a funny feeling this thread is fixin to get the lock icon! (see thread below this one).

Long live WC!

RFBurns

"This is the brain case...make good use of it"

Well, that other thread just plain went overboard. But this one may indeed be getting close, so it would be appreciated if y'all applied some self-moderation.
And SW, the harsh truth is that the American government affects you as much as the Swedish government. 'Tis called globalisation. This doesn't in any way imply that the rest of the world is an American province, just that the rest of the world cares. It's nothing to get irritated about.

Hey Quarto, I wasn't trying to step on your toes or anything, friend, so if that's what it sounded like I apologize, I just get tired of people and the media bringing up what should be dead issues... Bush is now sworn in, he is president, and everyone needs to get over it and hope that his mind works too slowly to screw anything up too badly in the four years he has in office.

Does anyone think that Bush would be Prez, and all the hoopla in Florida would have occurred if the (IMHO out of date) Electoral College were abolished? I certainly do. But that's just me.

Dragonmage, I must say that your sig is really stupid. Come on! Senators don't work on New Years Day!

TC

I would like to say that I am in favor of abolishing the electoral college. Actually I am infavor of removing all democracy and declaring myself Emperor (just like I did in 1804).

RE-Elect Gore 2004

What I cannot understand is why people act as if the creators of our constituition are holy people today. They were just as flawed and screwed up as any people today, yet we treat them as if they were second only to Jesus. The Bill of Rights is not something that should always be immutable, when things need changing, they should be changed. If they don't need to be changed, then don't. But people are terrified as if they somehow tried to modify any of those laws they would reach down from the heavens and smite us. Governments fall through lack of change just as much as too much change. The electorial college is outdated and serves no purpose (If it did, why has this issue came up only four times?) and no one running for President visits every state. My vote counts less if I lean one way and the state I live in leans another. There is virtually no purpose for me to vote if 60% of the people voting are going to vote for the person I don't like. But if there was only the popular vote, my vote is truly equal with every other person in the US. The true reason that the popular vote will never become the standard by which we elect presidents is that Republican states don't want to lose their absolute hold on their peoples votes and the same goes to Democrat states. But until that happens, fewer and fewer people will go to vote, because if they know their state is going to vote one way, why even bother going to vote. Too bad we'll never see the day when everyone's votes count.

Hmmmm. IIRC back in ancient Athens there was a pure democracy. Everyone's votes was equal to everyone elses'. There was no electoral college or ancient equivalent. Whenever a decision was to be made the citizens voted, the only possible result was a yah in favor or a nay in opposition. Anyone who abstained was referred to as an idiote [ancient Greek for idiot :p ]. Therefore complete democracy. Unfortunately the people were often misled/manipulated by demagogues leading to the eventual fall of the Athenian state.
Therefore you should be weary of any incarnation of democracy. That goes for all other political systems, especially bureaucracies ;)

Vondoom: I certainly don't speak for the Americans, but my take on the constitution's immutability is that if someone were to change something for whatever reason, then that makes the rest of it subject to change. And change always brings opposition.

[Edited by Penguin on 01-25-2001 at 02:49]

Been away for awhile thought I would drop and say hello to everyone.

As for on the subject stuff......Well I am an american living in America, I have never lived in a country outside of America so I don't know what it's like living somewhere where everything seems to idolize this Other Place (America) that is so far away. Now before everyone not from America jumps up to say "No we don't idolize you", I want to say I didn't mean any offense. In fact my point is that like every culture that spends it's time on top of the world for a few hundred years (Rome-->Greece-->Great Britan->America)There is going to come a time when we are not on top and we'll get the hell kicked out of us by somebody we never thought could do it. Now the reason I can be so objective about my own country's eventual demise is that 1: I hate politics, and B: There is no stopping it. The Pattern is clear. You can look at all those other countries histories that I listed and they were all for the most part the same. So the reason for my saying this is that even though I have never lived in a country that was not THE country to live in, It still seems that I would be irritated if I did live some other place and every body thought America was so Great. I would get sick of hearing. Plus the fact is, it's not that great. Sure maybe relativly it's better than some places. But jeez I hear Hell is better than Bosnia or someplace where innocent people are gettting killed right and left.(Please No one take offense to that Anology)

Anyway I just wanted to let everyone thats not from America not to give too much thought to it being so cool cause one day soon We Americans are gonna burn!

Oh yea and so someone doesn't yell at me for writing about non WC stuff I actually do have a WC Question....Anyone know why the cutscenes (not the video) where it shows big capital ships in WCP are so much crappier than in earlier games. They look like cartoons with no detail and in the older games it's so much better. Why on earth did origin decide to go with that junk even if it was a new technology?

The Guilty must be punished!

The Punisher!

Back