Very very sad news

No, I much prefer the "National Archives and Records Administration", as well as time-honored resources like Encyclopedia Britannica. Presidents have gained office while losing the popular vote in only four elections, including the 2000 Election, and have won in the Electoral College while losing the popular vote in only three elections, including the 2000 Election.

ok I'll admit I might be wrong about the numbers. but still as for the votes counting less, I don't care thats federalism, federalism is a poorly designed system, in my opinion, I would much perfer a parlementary government like GB but without the Queen

While the queen has no real power the queen is there is stop politicions from taking over the army as they swear loyalty to crown and country not government. As it is a sad sad day when politics invade areas to far.

True, but what I meant was that we don't need the Monarchy in there, all we need is a system with a vote of no confidence and other things, that exist in a Parlamentary government that we don't have.

There's a great danger in parliamentary systems. The vote of no-confidece is an especially dangerous thing. The PM becomes paralysed. And no offence, guys, but with the politicians you have in the US, you'd have a vote of no-confidence every second week.

A vote of no confidence is a great thing, and No we wouldn't because if one was to take clinton most of the time his approval ratings were higher than 50% thus the vote of No Confidence would fail. Personally the vote of no confidence is the primary part of a parlamentary government that I want, it promotes harmony between the entire legislative body and the PM who is a memeber of that body.

Originally posted by Quarto
And no offence, guys, but with the politicians you have in the US, you'd have a vote of no-confidence every second week.

Err, Id say every 10 mins. :)

RFBurns

"If I hear anything new, you'll be the first to know" [bartender, Privateer/RF

I could take Napoleon side and say that most countrys that have a parlamental system, also have more that two parties, if they would do that, the goverment would just play the "we can not work, because the other parties dont let us" and get a lot of suport from the electors, since that would work.
But I am not going to talk about politics in here, am I dont understand the american way to elect the president.
So I dont thake Napoleon side in here.
oops I just did that.

I am an american and I don't understand the way we elect our president, it has no logical sence behind it, it did back in the 17/1800 but now a days it is a useless dinasaur

It doesn't work like that, Napoleon. A prime minister can have 100% approval ratings and still get thrown out of office in the parliamentary system - because the public has nothing to do with the vote of no-confidence. He has to gather support where it counts - that is, the parliament. Now, your parliament would probably have 50/50 Republicans/Democrats. That means that the opposing party would only require support from one defector in order to get rid of the prime minister.

But the Parlaiment won't kick him out if they have no public approval, becuase when it comes time for the next election, the parlaimentary members will get ousted by the populace who liked the PM. And in England they don;t switch PMs every 2 minutes, they keep them in many cases longer than the US does its presidents so one doesnt have votes of no confidence ruining the trust in the system

It doesn't matter in wich country you live in.
no goverment or politics is prefect.

it is a fucked up world and there is nothing we can do. :eek:

not ready

I think the same as bonepart (napoleon, c'est Qui).
goerge W. scrubs is going to destoy very thing bild up it the last 8 years.

florida thank you fro screwing the whole world

:(

Butana: I must Disagree Napoleon Bonaparte did not destroy everything, in fact within france he instituted many many many changes that are still used today and were revolutionary at the time. ie the Napoleonic Code ect.

Back