Various Confed Government questions...

Maverick

Spaceman
I was writing a recent independent story, and have come upon some questions regarding the Confederation's government.

What is Paladn's position? It would seem he is a senator, and a fairly powerful one, possibly making him the Senate Majority leader. However, in the WC4 novel, he claims that he is the president pro temp, which in American government (and Forstchen's an American, and takes most of his stuff from American politics and history), makes him the Vice President. Is there an official line on what his position is?

Is the capital of the Confederation in Washington? Would the president of the Confed be located in the White House? Are the Joint Cheifs located in the Pentagon? According to FA, it would seem not, since I got the impression they were in some sort of tower.

According to the Wing Commander Prophecy Gold Manual, he is still a senator.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

The capitol is indeed in Washington, DC -- we see you landing there in Wing IV. We also see that the area around the capitol building has been built up excessively...

The JCS was indeed located in some sort of tower -- but the tower was in DC (given Tolwyn's ability to argue in front of the Senate later that day).

Taggart is the "Assembly Master of the Confederation Senate". He was elected into this position, according to the WCIV novel. This job seems to be the *same* as current-day Vice President, given the fact that he apparently brings the senate to order and does not vote and such. There *is* also an office of Vice President in WC, though.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

You know, they should have taken a hint from Star Trek. San Fransisco is THE place for future capitols. Besides, don't you think other countries (I suppose in WC they would be states of Earth more than countries) would be annoyed by the fact that their new capitol is their former rival country? If the capitol is on the North American continent, it would have to be somewhere like San Fransisco...

Anyone else watched Rated LEXX?

When I write science-fiction stories I put the capitols in either New York or London. I dunno...

I watched Rated LEXX. Not what I expected after seeing those commercials.

------------------
Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow.

I like the background of the dead assassin.

Wing Commander Movie would've been neat if the Kilrathi made it through, waxed Earth, and then the survivors of the dying planet went into battle singing songs of war.

------------------
Heck, when you think of a better signature, tell me.

I like the background of the robot. Ah, it's always nice to see a smart-ass robot's body get eaten by giant space lizards.
smile.gif

------------------
Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, that robot's head keeps being a smart ass for many years to come (I've seen a couple of seasons of that show... I liked the mini series better
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Aside from the fact that a bunch of prejudiced people who will be long dead 600 years from now, why would Washington not make a good capitol? It's certainly served well as the capitol of the worlds current super-power.

(Of course, Forstchen destroyed pretty much every other city, so DC-as-capitol-in-WC4 is almost a requirement
smile.gif
)

(Also, San Fransico? I don't even need to make some sort of joke to have that sound funny...
smile.gif
)

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Lol, I thought the same thing, LOAF. Lets just leave it at, the SanFran Government would be PRO alot of things.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

hehe... Consider most of the cities are decimated... we mind as well conquer Canada for more land.

Besides... what is a bunch of Mounties going to be able to stop a brigade of Broadswords
redface.gif

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

Well... if they mounted their horses with AMG's... than I would be worried...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

Metras, you better watch it... I've almost done some major flaming when people mention the possibility of conquoring my country, joking or not. I thought it would be fair to warn you.

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I'm not sure how far apart they are (probably same as current US methods) but 2634 was an election year for president.

------------------
"It's not my revolution if I can't dance to it!" - Emma Goldman, Anarchist and Feminist

Backing up a few posts...

Metras: Gimme a break, the US tried to conquer Canada twice and lost. Besides, it's not worth the effort. The only 2 good things that ever came from Canada are moose and Canadian Bacon.

TC: Lighten up, man. No threats. Threats come from admins. I hate when people get all defensive about shit that *truthfully* doesn't matter to them. The only reason they get uppity is simple because it's trendy to have "pride". Don't even bother denying it, it's not gonna change my mind.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

I heard being told by a canadian comedian on some stand up comedy show yesterday: "I like Britain better than Canada. Just think about it, Canada: next to America: 667 neighbor of the beast, freezing our butts off and surrounded by the French..."

------------------
The time is near.
There are 355 days remaining.

Umm, Kal, who would WANT Conneticut?
wink.gif

Once you get away from the coast (particularly the New London/Groton area), it sucks.
smile.gif

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Back