*URGENT* Urgently Need Urgent WC3 Kilrathi Saga version P.S. This is Urgent

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
Hey guys. I was wondering if someone who had Kilrathi Saga could copy their WC3 discs for me and send them to me. I have the original dos disks but with no computer to play them on. My Compaq Deskpro386 is too slow to handle WC3 and my Windows XP machine is incompatable. I would really enjoy getting these discs so I can play WC3, as I never made it past disc 1 when I had a computer that it worked on. I also don't want to pay $150+ dollars for the game from Ebay just so I can play Wing Commander 3. Anyone care to help? If you can, post a response here and email me at joshtrekkie1@aol.com. Thanks!

I'm not sure that what you are requesting would really be legal.
Technically speaking, WC3 and The Kilrathi Saga are two seperate products. I feel the same way as you do, I'd like a quick and free fix because I'd like to play WC3 again, but I think using DOS box or other options to get it run would be the better thing to do until you stike it lucky enough or rich enough to score a copy of the Kilrathi Saga.

Another option: Find an older, used PC that will work with the DOS disks. I first played WC3 on a Pentium 133 with Windows 95 probably 10 years ago. I recently bought a PII 400, wiped the HD, installed WIndows 98SE, loaded WC3, and it worked fine. It might sound like a lot of trouble at first but you'll find it was worth the effort once the "parts chasing" is over. Garage sales and second-hand stores make great places to start looking.

Good luck :)

Or do what I did before getting KS and install Win98 on a seperate partition or hard drive and play it through Win98.

or you can just find someone to send you the local files for KS-wc3. then use them + the dos cd's to play it.

-scheherazade

I was going to post about how I need a kidney, but I guess this is more *URGENT*.

(I don't need a kidney. Don't send me any kidneys.)

Ha, bullshit. I played the original WC3 on a 486-DX2 66MHz AND on a Athlon with WinXP.
You have been around for long enough to know about the Tech Support forun and that we do not condone pirating.

scheherazade said:
or you can just find someone to send you the local files for KS-wc3. then use them + the dos cd's to play it.

-scheherazade

That actually might not be a bad idea. Someone could turn that into a patch I suppose. Or maybe they have and I forgot, since that idea sounds pretty familiar.

prolly not.
but then again i'm sure there's more than one thing in the CIC files area that's illegal.
this is all old stuff. nobody anywhere that matters cares anymore.

the KS cd's are just the WC cd's repackaged.
i donno about any newer OTHER files they may bave, but i doubt the gameplay .tre files and movie .tre files were changed. and i doubt the directory structures did either.

in any case, it would take only the slightest hack to get the KS files looking to the dos CD's in the right place to get what they need. (if the hack is even needed).

-scheherazade

but then again i'm sure there's more than one thing in the CIC files area that's illegal.
this is all old stuff. nobody anywhere that matters cares anymore.

LOAF cares, and he matters. We work fairly closely with EA with regards to anything that's questionable.

There are some fairly significant changes to even WC3 KS -- including tweaks to the sound format, which may effect the movies.tre. (Though I know it's possible to put together a patch, because one of the German mod guys did it a while back -- should be in our archive.)

movies.tre wasn't affected by the sound changes... I've created replacement kilrathi saga discs before using the movies.tre from wc3 dos, it works fine, no difference at all... the difference between the dos and windows versions, is some directx dlls, the executable for wc3, and the wc3music.tre files from kilrathi saga... oh and they removed a bunch of the old wc3 dos files. If you want a patch, and can get some webhosting ~300mb I can upload a kit and instructions, for turning wc3 dos cds into kilrathi saga cds.

ChrisReid said:
That actually might not be a bad idea. Someone could turn that into a patch I suppose. Or maybe they have and I forgot, since that idea sounds pretty familiar.

*URGENT*

Wasn't there one that I found on a crazy site in a different language. I don't remember if we decided that it worked or not, or even if I'm remembering it right. I'll probably check my old outbox stuff or the news search in a bit.

P.S. [size=+3]*URGENT*[/size]

Neat, they put up a proper English translation. I seem to remember confusing the hell out of myself trying to figure out what was going on last time.

Back