*URGENT* Urgently Need Urgent WC3 Kilrathi Saga version P.S. This is Urgent

(Nearly bursting with his attempts to control his enthusiasm).

Well, for anyone who is interested, those patches Straggler posted actually worked! For the first time in many, many years, I can run WC3 on my computer (P4, windows 98 operating system), and this is the WC3 I bought the very week it came out.

So, for all of you who don't have $150 U.S. to spare on Kilrathi Saga, if you still have your old copy of WC3 kicking around, those patches just might do the trick for you.

It's like having an old, long-gone friend come home.

Oh, one thing that wasn't entirley clear. When installing the music files, you have to start out by installing 4, than 3, 2, and finally 1. I don't know why they just don't rename them in order of installation, but that's inconsequential. I figured it out, and it works.

Are those patches listed in the files section? I didn't see them there, but they definately deserve a link.

Sphynx

You say it's urgent
So urgent, so oh oh urgent
Just wait and see
How urgent my love can be
It's urgent

Bandit LOAF said:
I was going to post about how I need a kidney, but I guess this is more *URGENT*.

(I don't need a kidney. Don't send me any kidneys.)

Damn, I was going to rip out Ghost's kidney for you...nevermind then.

P.S. No offense Ghost I picked your name at random it could have been Trelane, Shipgate, Psych, Chris Reid's etc.

Well, AFAIK, ghost is argetino, sou it would be easier for you to get the kidney from another north american ;)

These patches work fine, IIRC, and it would be great if the CIC had them :)

I disagree. Being from Argentinia makes it easier to get his kidney since he's more likely to be willing to sell it for stones or whatever passes for currency there. I'd like to congratulate Maj. Striker on a fine choice of kidney "donor".

I agree, we should steal them -- linking to a place with a WCPGBA download is awful. I think stealing the one WC game whose sales can make a real difference as to whether or not there are future releases is just about the dumbest crime a "fan" could commit.

Yeah, the fact that they have pirated things there does kind of put a damper on it. Has anyone tried to contact them and ask for the patches? As far as I can tell, there is nothing illegal about those patches, because it requires that you have actually purchased WC3. Am I wrong in my reasoning about this? If these are legit, then they definately deserve a pirate-free home in the CIC.

But people in Argentina are always dancing Tango, that could have damaged his kidneys.

Anyway, you are right, you can have a kidney, a lung and a piece of liver for a pari of jeans. ;)

Concerning legal stuff: Well, I have wc1, 2 and 3 original versions, and that doesn't mean I can download KS with bit torrent... But I hope the WC3 KS files are legal.

The only problem with the patches on that site is that they don't support the WC3 music, you need another file. Without that music file the patch creates several errors durring WC3. It says somewhere on the sight that you can contact the guy for the music file, I did so and it eliminated my errors. It would be great if CIC would host both... I don't see how it would be illegal as you can't do anything with the patch or the music tre file without WC3.

edit: Doh! I didn't notice the music files... I got the patch over a year ago so apparently they are avalible there now.

Back