unknown WC4 scene

Jochen

Rear Admiral
After ripping the WC4 movies (great work, Zor Prime!!!), I discovered two scenes where Blair receives transmissions from Tolwyn to the Lexington which I did never see when playing the game (on PC).
In the first Tolwyn asks him how things are going, and Blair answers something and then requests some informations about Paulson. The second transmission then is Tolwyns answer to that request.
I tried to stay on the Lexington as long as possible when I played it again after joining the BW as early as possible when I played it the first time, and I think I tried everything and catched every cutscene.
Did anybody see these scene? What must I do to see them in the game?

Early on in the game, after landing on the Lexington one time you hear "Colonel Blair report to the briefing room, message from Confed HQ" or something similar. At this point if you go to the briefing room, you can get the message (the first one of these video sequences). If you do anything else, even stop to save the game, you don't get to view it. If you view the first one, the second message arrives after another few missions. Again unless you go directly to the briefing room, you don't get to view that message.

After 2 missions colonel blair is ordered to the briefing room to get a communiqe from confed hq. Go there. It's before you turn traitor.

I also noticed scenes that I haven't seen in the game.

In the bad ending avi that contains Blair's execution, Tolwyn's attack etc, there are scenes of your fighter (one with a Banshee, another with a Hellcat) loosing all power, and being tractored in by the Lexington. You then get greeted by Paulson who takes you to the brig. Are these scenes in the game? If so, how do you get them?

I think that scene must be between the mission where you are ordered to kill Eisen and when you destroy the Lexington...if you choose to join the BW and fail the mission, you should get this scene...(i guess)

Have you seen the scene where Blair washes out early in the game so Tolwyn fires him and sends him back to Nephele?

Originally posted by Cpl Hades
If you do anything else, even stop to save the game, you don't get to view it.
I didn't realise that when I first played WC4. I was really annoyed, I replayed the previous mission just to see that!

I don't believe the fighter-being-tractored-in-by-Lexington scenes are ever shown in the game. The one with the ejection pod and the Paulson scene are shown if you eject during a critical mission before the Lexington is destroyed/disabled after defecting. So you would need to defect at the first opportunity to see that.

Are we sure it's the Lexington? Many times I see the ejection pod being sucked into a carrier after the Lexington is neutralised and Paulsen murdered. So it must be the Vesuvius, right?

Depends on where you are in the game, but when you get that scene followed by being greeted by Paulson scene it must be the Lexington.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Are we sure it's the Lexington? Many times I see the ejection pod being sucked into a carrier after the Lexington is neutralised and Paulsen murdered. So it must be the Vesuvius, right?
I think in that case that you are being tractored aboard some unnamed CONCORDIA-class vessel. The cutscene definitely shows a CONCORDIA. I've watched all the ripped movies now, and nowhere are you tractored aboard a VESUVIUS-class ship.

No, you can be see the Vesuvius one if you lose any of those missions against the vesuvius.
Eject on that scamble near it to see it.

Okay, I can understand the generic Concordia-class carrier thing. At the time, it just didn't make sense to me that the Lexington scoops you up even though it should be dead. :)

Yes, of course. But when I first played WC4, I wasn't a regular here, so I had no idea about the wider WCU.

Huh? I mean I had no idea about the novels, the CCG, and whatever else there were. I only knew about WCATV cos a friend told me.

Back