Uniforms

Fenris

Spaceman
Why is it that Confed uniforms seem to change about every five years? Or, between WC3 and WC4, two years?

Oh yes, the WC4 uniforms were very nice. The best in the whole series, I think. The Prophecy flight suit I think is the best, IMHO.

Originally posted by Fenris
Why is it that Confed uniforms seem to change about every five years? Or, between WC3 and WC4, two years?

Well, all that money we weren't spending on ships and fighters had to go *somewhere*. :D

Best, Raptor

I din't even know the uniforms changed. I'm not the kind of person to notice that. :) Of course, the peacetime navy is much different from wartime, and I suppose the uniforms reflect that. Plus, as Raptor says, it just looks cool. :)

BTW, it seems Starfleet (Star Trek) is in a similar predicament. During the original series, everyone wore pajamas. When the movie came around, we go to the gray jumpsuit. Jump forward ten years and the uniform changed again to the rather-more-distinguished ubiquitous red uniform.

Speaking of uniforms ... Does anyone find it annoying that, in WC4, how quickly Eisen and everyone else changed their badges after getting on the Intrepid? You'd think they were attached by velcro or something .... ;)

-pen

Maybe they decided that walking around wearing Confed badges on a ship that had just had the living daylights blasted out of it by a Confed attack wasn't such a great idea. :D

Best, Raptor

The uniforms changed between WC3 and WC4 because the WC3 ones were *cheap*... they were standard workman type jumpsuits with patches sewn on. :)

Originally posted by Bob McDob

BTW, it seems Starfleet (Star Trek) is in a similar predicament. During the original series, everyone wore pajamas. When the movie came around, we go to the gray jumpsuit. Jump forward ten years and the uniform changed again to the rather-more-distinguished ubiquitous red uniform.

No, first they had those cheap relaxo uniforms from ST:TOS, and then they had those more distinguished maroonish uniforms from the old movies, and then they went to red/yellow/blue pajamas, and then went to Grey coverings.

(note: Voyager is still stuck in the Delta quadrant, and has recieved no uniform change, theirs are out of date)

I like the uniforms and flight suits of Prophecy the best. I guess I just like the darker blues. It is a good departure from the uniform that I wear for the US Air Force.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The uniforms changed between WC3 and WC4 because the WC3 ones were *cheap*... they were standard workman type jumpsuits with patches sewn on. :)
But they did the job. They only look cheap in comparison to the WC4 uniforms. To me, anyway.

Originally posted by Bob McDob

i hear that that has somthing to do with the lack of bathrooms on the enterprise :eek: :p

Personally, in my opinion, the clothes of WC3 were never quite becoming of people like Captain Eisen... Although in WC IV, the flimsy shoulder eppaulettes left the characters looking somewhat "halloween costume"-ish in appearance, other details such as the high boots and the partially inset belt at least left a sense that fashion once again had become of some import.

As far as other WC games go, I liked Blair's Uniform from WC2 with the white starched collar :), I never bought the leatherjackets from Wing Commander...

Corollary to Prophecy: Why have names been replaced by callsigns? It says "Zero" instead of "O'Hearn"... and yet it says "Casey"... It smells of unnecessary muckup... and what is with the red T-shirts?

Yeah, that dress uniform from WC2 is neat.
I think already in WC4 there were the callsigns on the uniform instead of the name (except for Blair, of course ;) ). It struck me as being a bit odd, too.

Originally posted by $tormin
i hear that that has somthing to do with the lack of bathrooms on the enterprise :eek: :p [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, the Enterprise has bathroom. In fact, in STTNG in the episode where everyone evolves we SEE one. And that door in Picards ready room near the replicator is a bathroom too!

And I personally like the WC3 uniforms. The WCP Flight suits were to coolest but uniforms were dumb. The WC4 uniforms weren't bad, but I didn't like the callsign on the nametag. What was up with that?

The WC1 uniforms lacked style. The were just...brown. The WC2 uniforms were a bit cooler, and those dress uniforms were REALLY cool.

The WCM uniforms were the ugliest uniforms i've even seen. EVER. The nay uniforms (or whatever Sansky, Gerald, etc. wore) would have been cool if not for that stupid collar that came out. The other uniforms were even worse. And those hats! Who thought of those hats? Good lord...

By the way, does anyone know exactly what those "Backpacks" were that everybody wore on their flight suits in WC2? They seem to have been forgotten in the FMV games, and I doubt they were parachutes...

Oh, and, where can I get a baseball cap like Sparks? ;)

My guess is that they're life support packs. Probably disappeared in the later games since they were probably integrated into the commande couches.

Back