UE - not easy game

Originally posted by HCl
There may be a workaround here, using yet another modification of the scattergun patch: if we use a special gun entry to toggle a variable, we can poll that variable and have a cycle on the player function to turn on/off the cloak and guns (in short, a "cloak gun" like in Armada)
Hmm, yes... that would be a very good idea, since it would mean that we could give the player a cloak without trying to find some weird way of activating it in-mission. Plus, it would result in a natural limit for the cloaking ability... I would not want to make the cloak energy-dependent (this made the Armada cloak quite useless), but a limited amount of ammo would work great :).

Hey HCl I'm directing this to you, but anyone who knows if this can be done speak on this. Is there any way to implement a remaping key system tool in WCP, and SO or any mod using the SO? I tend to be killed sometimes near the end of a mission cause I missed the enter key on this small laptop keyboard. :)

I am stumped I tell you. I don't think I have enough skill (I always play rookie beat it go up a difficulty and so on.) to get past that long 3rd mission in UE (atleast Saving the Beuford.) Even using the tactics Quarto suggested to me (save the missles till you get to beuford and take out the Red mantas and Barracudas. I played out the losing end of the missions and that was a pretty cool ending for being the bad one. I guess prophecy has made me weak compared to the more difficult games earlier in the series. :) I have three complaints with that mission in peticular. 1.The banshees lasers in full gun mode or in single fire are to weak to take ships out quickly enough to be able to have time to stop the Torpedos they launch and not enough stormfire bullets while the missle loadout is perfect. 2. The guns on the scimitar are perfect but the missle loadout sucks. (I know you probably did this for balance but I find it almost impossible to complete this mission without a favor from god and some real ace skill which leads to problem 3) 3. The freaking wingmates ai doesn't go after the bombers or try to stop a Torpedo leaving You to do all the work which is super hard. But thats the appeal, it gives the long time fans tons of replay and Hard gaming which apparently WCP didn't and made people like me(long time fans who haven't played the older games in years.) kind of soft and out of practice.:) Well back to the game as I have to finish the mission so I can see what happens next.:D

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
Hey HCl I'm directing this to you, but anyone who knows if this can be done speak on this. Is there any way to implement a remaping key system tool in WCP, and SO or any mod using the SO? I tend to be killed sometimes near the end of a mission cause I missed the enter key on this small laptop keyboard. :)

Yo, I second the motion over here!...
Until/unless HCl or others come up with a workable way, though, here's a coupla ideas:

1) Get Game Commander 2, and use it to voice control those crucial functions

2) Use a utility called PowerPro for Windows (http://www.windowspowerpro.com) to remap the commands yourself. Problem is, they'd all hafta have modifier keys (Win + A, for example), so far as I know. The other thing is, I don't know how well - if at all - this app would work with a fullscreen game running in the foreground. Feel free to correct me on this if you know this app better than I (I've only used it for work, thus far).

That said, how 'bout it HCl? Any wisdom to dispense to us on this?...

Preacher & DoomsdayPlague: I never searched specifically for this, but (unless memory fails me) i think i remember seeing keymaps stored on a file somewhere, so it should fairly simple to change. I'll try to get some info on this.

TC: You're right, good point there. Fortunately that's not too difficult to prevent missiles from firing :)

Once i have any of the new mission functions ready i'll integrate them on UE's base DLL and upload it somewhere, so anyone interested can start playing with them a bit.

Mario

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
1.The banshees lasers in full gun mode or in single fire are to weak to take ships out quickly enough to be able to have time to stop the Torpedos they launch and not enough stormfire bullets while the missle loadout is perfect. 2. The guns on the scimitar are perfect but the missle loadout sucks. (I know you probably did this for balance but I find it almost impossible to complete this mission without a favor from god and some real ace skill which leads to problem 3) 3. The freaking wingmates ai doesn't go after the bombers or try to stop a Torpedo leaving You to do all the work which is super hard.
1. Don't forget that stormfire is also reloaded, so you don't need to try to save bullets. And the lasers really don't work all that well in full gun mode.
2. Yeah, the Scim's missile loadout is modest... personally, I find the Scim works quite well, though, because it's got four DFs instead of the two on the Banshee. DFs are by far the most useful missiles, since they're guaranteed one-shot kills - if they hit ;).
3. Yeah, wingmen are dumb :p.

Back