U.N.Spacey Screenshots

Well Macross II isn't an official part of the Macross series. It was created by Bandai and was initially shunned by Big West, although they later took it on as an alternate timeline universe.

They had a hard time selling it even then.

After Macross Plus OAV and Movie editions, Big West have come out with Macross 7, Macross 7 movie, Macross 7 Encore, Macross Dynamite 7, and now they are currently working on Macross Zero.

The animation in Macross Plus is nothing compared to Macross Zero, I can tell you that much. Three episodes are out already with the fourth scheduled for early next year.

I like the story in Macross Plus a lot more than the story so far in Macross Zero though... But they both rock. :)

Macoss Zero

Macross Plus was the best rendering of veritechs in ink form, drawn... Macross Zero is the best rendering of mecha in CGI form! the characters and enviroments are hand drown but the mecha is all CGI! The battles are simply awesome! IF you remember the surround sound feeling of Macross Plus then you know what to look forward to! Um not to ruin any plots or anyting but this restarts just after the SDF-1 crashed... They are re-imagining the series, much like vivendi and sci-fi channel did to BGS. But hopefully since it is the Japanese doing it they have half a clue and won't ruin it! Even if they throw out the established timeline it is worth it! I've seen 2 episodes and I am hooked like a fish :D L8tr!

Actually Macross Plus had scenes where the mecha were done in CG and Macross Zero has scenes where the mecha are done in ink.

Just that Zero weighs in more heavily on the CG side than the ink side...

Back