TRE Manager

Iceman16

Vice Admiral
I downloaded Treman.exe a couple days ago but when I tried to use it it gave me this error message:
ERROR: Parameters are:

C:/secret~1/goodon~1/treman.exe <tre-file>
Example: C:/secret~1/goodon~1/treman.exe objects.tre

What does this mean and how can I correct this?

What it's telling you is that you're not using it properly - and the error message is also telling you exactly how to use it properly :).

I think that he is saying that he lacks the knowledge of how to interpret what the error message is telling him. In other words, what is the layman's translation of the message?

Exactly...

Thats right, Ijuin. I have no idea what this error message is telling me so could somebody translate it into laymans terms, please?

its alright now, I got treman working but I have another question/problem. I got the ship files to go into the ships directory for WCPEdit and I edited the ue_tre.cfg file to //install no_folders 0 but when I open UE it gives me an error message saying ' Filestreamer:: open CreateFile failed C:/Secretops/Good One/ueships1.tre'. How can I correct for this?

I'm not sure. This error sounds vaguely familiar, but then again, there are very few WCP errors that we didn't encounter at one point or another, so it's kinda difficult to keep track of 'em :p. I guess you should check if the file is where it should be, although IIRC, the game wouldn't complain about a missing tre file, only about not finding the files that were inside it.

k, what Ive done is un-install and re-install both UE and SO and UE works now but I cant use the modified ships. has someone gotten WCPEdit to work with UE?

Sure, they have, read about it here. Mind you, they did just about exactly what you did, so you probably won't learn anything new there.

Back