Transformers movie

How did you like the new Transformers movie ?

• Loved it !

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Liked it, even if it has a few flaws.

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • It was ok.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Didn't like it.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

PopsiclePete

Mission programmer
I've seen the new Transformers movie last night with my 11 years old son. For my part I'd say I'd rather liked the movie, even though I would have liked a more intelligent script. The only thing that really bothered me was the lack of contrast, blurry image and overly moving camera whenever transformers were on screen... maybe it's because the director wasn't too confident on how realistic the transformers would look in post-production and all, I don't know. The humour was a bit juvenile at times, but I had good laughs.

Plot-wise, the whole (rollover to read, spoiler)
allspark thing that gives life to mecanical stuff nearby was a bit to silly for me. The death of Jazz also felt so quickly treated, I would have likes it to be taken a bit more tragically, at least form his autobots comrades. And why didn't Ratchet get involved into *any* comrade "repairs" during or after battle ?
But despites these flaws, the movie felt good and the audience gave it a good round of applause when the credits rolled.

So, who's seen the new Transformers movie ? What did you think of it ?
Please remember to use the spoiler tag [ spoiler] text [/spoiler] if needed.

I think you should add a "Cheddar" option to this poll, for people who like cheddar cheese. That way you'd get a better result, statistically.

I'm automatically warry of things that "cash in" on my childhood - be they Star Wars prequels (which I was wrong about, because I largely enjoyed them) or TMNT (which I didn't like). I also find Michael Bay movies very distasteful, so I'll probably reserve judgement until I see it on DVD.

Hardcore Transformer fans will nit pick certain aspects of the story since it kinda rewrites some aspects of the orginal series/comics.

People who watched transformers but weren't rabid fans will probably enjoy it since the action was fantastic, and it was full of clever humor.

Some of the lines are pretty cliche and they fit in every one liner that Prime uses in the shows and movies.

"Autobots, transform and roll-out"
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"
"One shall stand, one shall fall"

I would recommend seeing it though.

I think you should add a "Cheddar" option to this poll, for people who like cheddar cheese. That way you'd get a better result, statistically.
If you mean I should have added an option that says "I'll not see that movie at all", I didn't include it for the same reason the CIC polls don't include "I won't play Arena"; because if you won't play Arena that poll isn't for you. For the same reason if you won't see Transformers your opinion doesn't matter, leave the poll to those who will.

But I understand you were sarcastic :p

I just saw it today and for the most part thought it was great. I agree on the blurring of the images at times. For the rest of this I'm going to use spoiler tags just in case people think it might be too much.

During the final battle the blurring of the images was a bit annoying. The overcomplexness of the Transformers themselves made it hard to make them out and what they were doing sometimes.

I thought the death of Jazz was entirely too played down. Optimus is handed is corpse and says about 2 lines then nothing. But how about Jazz's introduction. His opening line was great.

The lack of a lot of dialogue between some of the Transformers was a loss as well. As much as I love hearing Peter Cullen, I would have liked to hear more from the other guys as well. Especially Starscream and the other Decepticons, who get very few lines. And yeah what the hell were Ironhide and Rachet doing for parts of that final battle? Blackout was ready to jump in on the Optimus/Megatron battle but they weren't around even though they had just been helping the soldiers.

When I heard Optimus say "One will stand and one will fall" all I could think of was the last movie when he says that right before that battle when he is killed by Megatron. It was really cool, but also made me get a little warry. I didn't want to see the big guy go down again, although he was losing that fight for the most part, but he had taken a round right to the chest prior to that. Although, how about Optimus's brutal killing of Bonecrusher(or was it Barricade?) with the sword through the throat? That was pretty bad ass.

The scene where Bumblebee starts using the radio when Sam sees Mikala is hilarious! And then "Baby come back..." I was laughing my ass off. Some of the jokes are a bit childish, but I see no problem with that, it worked pretty good in my opinion. Megatron flicking the guy into the taxi right near the end, that was great!

I loved the movie and I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a second one in the not too distant future, as the ending makes pretty clear. I could probably go on, but that's what's stuck in my head after having just seen it about 2 hours ago.

I've seen the new Transformers movie last night with my 11 years old son. For my part I'd say I'd rather liked the movie, even though I would have liked a more intelligent script. The only thing that really bothered me was the lack of contrast, blurry image and overly moving camera whenever transformers were on screen... maybe it's because the director wasn't too confident on how realistic the transformers would look in post-production and all, I don't know. The humour was a bit juvenile at times, but I had good laughs.

Plot-wise, the whole (rollover to read, spoiler)
allspark thing that gives life to mecanical stuff nearby was a bit to silly for me. The death of Jazz also felt so quickly treated, I would have likes it to be taken a bit more tragically, at least form his autobots comrades. And why didn't Ratchet get involved into *any* comrade "repairs" during or after battle ?
But despites these flaws, the movie felt good and the audience gave it a good round of applause when the credits rolled.

So, who's seen the new Transformers movie ? What did you think of it ?
Please remember to use the spoiler tag [ spoiler] text [/spoiler] if needed.

I highly enjoyed it. I guess I thought the line of "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" being taken directly Optimus' original card with his stats was well done.

I highly enjoyed it, though I have to agree that some of it went waaaay too fast for the camera angles, and one scene at the house at night could have been cut by about five minutes, but aside from those small bits, I loved it.

Awesome!

Well, I gotta say the movie was a real good treatment of one of our old 1980's childhood memories.

I love the storyline, characterization... well, the fighting sequences was a bit disconcerting, as there are two scales involved (humans and Transformers), but overall I'd say it's a great film.

I'll post a detailed review sometime later...

-Fraix

I saw the movie last Friday. It made me want to find all of the original cartoons on dvd.

The movie had me humming the old theme song for a couple of days, until I caved and bought the soundtrack.

Damn, this movie awoken the dormant TransFan in me.

Hell, I think I spent more than $500 (Canadian) on Transformers stuff. A list of what I bought: Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet (a must-buy!), Optimus Prime Blaster, 2x Movie Leader Optimus Prime, 2x 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime (aka Masterpiece Prime), 20th Anniversary Soundtrack, Movie soundtrack, Transformers: The Movie 20th Anniversary DVD, Transformers: The Game (for PS3, and both Autobots and Decepticons for DS). Also bought a few books on Transformers, plus the G1 DVD set. Heck, I even recorded the XM Radio special on Transformers.

Loved the movie so much, I went by myself the first time! Then I went again with a friend today (took a couple hours off work to do it). Turns out, his girlfriend was taking him as well, so he gets to see it twice. I could see it again and again...

(I can't wait for the DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray to come out - I think I might get 'em all - the DVD for my iPod, the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray for the way the movie is supposed to be played - among the two, hopefully one of them will be mastered properly). Paramount/Dreamworks supports both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray.

The movie has a huge plot hole (in the paper-thin plot), but hell, it's great. Some of the Michael Bay parts are a bit worn, but the Spielberg parts are excellent.

Honestly, about the only good song on the movie soundtrack is the one by Linkin Park. The Mutemath theme is somewhat... limp. Black Lab does a much better version of the theme for the movie, but alas, it was not chosen for the soundtrack. I do enjoy the original movie soundtrack, though...

Transformers... More than meets the eye.
Transformers... Robots in disguise.
Transformers... The Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of... the Decepticons

Alright, I admit it. I set the theme to be my ringtone and my appointment alarm sound as well.

I'm guessing how some of the decipticons kind of disappear at points (Barricade then Optimus showing up late....) I think they are the result of editing choices. Hopefully the DVD will have an extended version with all those scenes included.

Very cool movie but I missed the plot hole what is it?

Spoiler below.

Think about it for a second. Barricade asks "Are you ladiesman217?". Optimus Prime was asked how he knew about the glasses. "eBay".

Sam was selling the glasses on eBay. You'd think one of them would think of, you know, bidding? For the Decepticons, it would be trivial to get the money to pay - just hack Paypal.

Of course, should this plot hole actually be exploited, there wouldn't be much of a movie, and some sponsors might be very angry.

Damn. I want to see it again... but it'll be the third time. Not having gone to a theatre in over 10 years... then to see one movie three times?

Spoiler below.

Think about it for a second. Barricade asks "Are you ladiesman217?". Optimus Prime was asked how he knew about the glasses. "eBay".

Sam was selling the glasses on eBay. You'd think one of them would think of, you know, bidding? For the Decepticons, it would be trivial to get the money to pay - just hack Paypal.

Of course, should this plot hole actually be exploited, there wouldn't be much of a movie, and some sponsors might be very angry.

Damn. I want to see it again... but it'll be the third time. Not having gone to a theatre in over 10 years... then to see one movie three times?

Well, okay, though I'm not so sure this is much of a plothole. I mean, where do you send the things? Cybertron, USA? Can't exactly meet up for anything either, as that's not the way eBay does things. And besides...that's not the Decepticon's way. They're flat evil, and they're going to use fear and force regardless to get them physically before Prime does.

I agree. The Decepticons were in a race with the Autobots to get their hands on the Allspark. They needed those glasses, and they needed them *now*.

Am I the only one who thought that Michael Bay stole the subtitles "translating" effect from none other than the Wing Commander movie (parts when the Kilrathi spoke) ???

I'm automatically warry of things that "cash in" on my childhood - be they Star Wars prequels (which I was wrong about, because I largely enjoyed them) or TMNT (which I didn't like).
Well then, prepare yourself for Gobots: The Movie.

Back