Transformers movie

How did you like the new Transformers movie ?

• Loved it !

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Liked it, even if it has a few flaws.

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • It was ok.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Didn't like it.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
I have to agree - the original animated movie has a much better soundtrack.

Mostly because this movie didn't play the Transformers theme. Sure, there's the Mutemath one on the CD, but ti's listed as not being in the movie. (And while Mutemath is good, Black Lab did a much better version.)

The other problem with the movie soundtrack is that it doesn't include the Steve Jablonsky score in it - the movie has a great score, but we only have the source (pop/etc music) soundtrack, and not the score one. I'm hoping the score on will be released... (Score soundtrack - the orchestrated background music written specifically for the film, source soundtrack - basically songs you'd hear on the radio and such. Scores are typically composed by a single composer who then orchestrates it with an orchestra, while source tracks are by various artists. For the original movie, Vince DiCola is the composer of various scores in the movie, while Stan Bush, Lion, etc did the source music).

If you have the game, Jablonsky did the background music. It's quite brilliant. If you see the movie, there are parts where only the score plays - I loved those parts.

I don't know which movie I consider personally better though. I do like both. (From a guy who has seen the movie 3 times already)

The new movie's score is probably adequate, and it might just be because I've only seen it once, but ... I don't really remember the score. Every once in a while, a movie comes out with an unforgettable score. Back To The Future, The Goonies, Forrest Gump, RoboCop and, hell, even Ghostbusters 2 for some reason. But Vince DiCola's composures from the original movie really stand out, not more or less than the two Stan Bush songs.

Is that the "Unicron Medley" on the 20th Anniversary CD? (Track 11 - Tracks 11-14 are new on the 20th Anniversary soundtrack - they weren't on the original CD).

I saw it yesterday. I can't remember the last time that a movie left me wanting for MORE!!!
I can't wait to see the second, this one kicks ass!!
Like most of you said, the battles were just a lot of twisted metal moving around, but i liked it anyway.

Back