Toughest WC game?

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Ah, the good old days, when asteroids were still a real threat... :)

The indestructable 'roids in Armada and Prophecy aren't threatening enough for you? :)

Armada has destructable asteroids *and* indestructable asteroids.

Prophecy's can supposedly be destroyed... but it takes a while.

Yes, it works in WC1
At least for me....

But what works in a minefield is AB, just AB, it´s more painless for the ship

Yeah, AB through mines and you should be fine.

Priv's asteroids gave me real problems when I played it for the first time, especially when your maneuvering jets were damaged. ;)

Deadliest asteroids IMHO were the ones from WC1. One hit at high speed and your dead.

BTW, I don't recall seeing any asteroids in Armada. When do we see them?

you don't... not in armada... in proving grounds you see them...the free addon, the big ones block radar...

Alas, though I love Armada like a crazy person... I have NEVER played Proving Grounds.... is there some sort of mission builder or customizable battle scenarios or whatever??? Is that how the asteroids get put in?:eek:

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Priv's asteroids gave me real problems when I played it for the first time, especially when your maneuvering jets were damaged. ;)

Yeah, specially the ones in Pender´s Star, my first encounter with them in Priv, and the map doesn´t show the location of the asteroids unlike WC1

Originally posted by Corsair(pilot)

Alas, though I love Armada like a crazy person... I have NEVER played Proving Grounds.... is there some sort of mission builder or customizable battle scenarios or whatever??? Is that how the asteroids get put in?:eek:

Proving Grounds was a free multiplayer addon for Armada (bless you, Origin-of-yore) which added new modes and more support for multiple players. It added asteroids (big and small), a 'versus' mode where you collect powerups during combat and a few other things... (new weapons, too -- an anti-cloaking thing...).

Originally posted by Darkmage
you don't... not in armada... in proving grounds you see them...the free addon, the big ones block radar...

Aye, thanks. I only played PG once and didn't remember those (and still don't but who cares? ;) ).

Back