Too Difficult..

U

Unregistered

I just got the Kilrathi Saga, im trying to play WC1 and its insanely difficult, like 8 heavy fighters attacking my carrier and all i have is a light firghter and my wingman isnt doing anything(even after telling him to attack) and the carrier is destroyed and game over.
So is there a way to reduce the difficulty of the game?, im sweating trying to destroy all these fighters and getting like 17kills per mission, mybe more and keep getting my arse kicked still, or carrier is lost.

This isn't really a tech support question. You can't adjust the difficulty in WC1.

Games in 1990 were just hard. That was part of the experience. If you win every mission, you won't see most of the game.

I got the feeling he already missed winning some missions. That situation doesn't really sound like winning path to me, does it?

WC1 in the kilrathi saga is already easier than in the original, I think (or that only in the case of WC2 KS ?)
Anyway,
The tips on the WC CIC are more than adequate to get you through every mission (except perhaps that dreaded Kurasawa mission (never got that one on the first try)
here's a link : https://www.wcnews.com/guides/wc1enyo.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help, was just wondering if anyone had a way to change the difficulty,ill replay it from the start if I keep having problems. I got promoted to captain, but my ship was changed from a medium fighter to a light one and it cant take on as many heavy fighters as the maps have, I was doing some crazy manuvers just to try and keep from getting shot full of holes. 1 hit from their weapons and byby shields and armor, and mybe a weapon etc..

Confed said:
The tips on the WC CIC are more than adequate to get you through every mission (except perhaps that dreaded Kurasawa mission (never got that one on the first try)

There's much harder missions in WC1-SM2 than anything in Kurasawa. I get through that one about 50% of the time I try it, and there's other missions I've only ever barely scraped through a few times. And Kurasawa is a good system to lose, since it detours you to Rostov instead of cutting straight ahead to Venice.

Unregistered said:
Thanks for the help, was just wondering if anyone had a way to change the difficulty,ill replay it from the start if I keep having problems. I got promoted to captain, but my ship was changed from a medium fighter to a light one and it cant take on as many heavy fighters as the maps have, I was doing some crazy manuvers just to try and keep from getting shot full of holes. 1 hit from their weapons and byby shields and armor, and mybe a weapon etc..

You are definitely on some loosing branch then. WC1 (not SM1 or SM2) does never place you in a worse fighter unless you fail an important missions. Most of those loosing path missions are however significantly harder then the winning path ones. You should probably restart the game. At least until you have more experience at gameplay to also play these harder episodes.

Alch said:
If you think WC1 is difficult, wait to see what's expecting you on SM1/2!!
As a whole WC1 is certainly easier than SM1/2, but saving that cursed Ralari is the hardest. In most other missions, a certain level of skill is enough to succeed, however to destroy those fighters before they can reduce the Ralari to "molten slag"
takes a lot of luck on top of skill.
I found all missions in Standoff so far to be easier to successfully complete.
(I know the toughest missions are still to come)

Standoff may not be as difficult to go through mission by mission, but they put incentives in there to make you want to do better. I know I replayed missions in Ep. 2 so that once Ep. 3 comes around I have a full complement of fighters with me.

Back