Time To Order Flight Suits (October 2, 2005)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
A lot of people ask about the flight suits that we wear at events like DragonCon. They've been listed as a future item in our Merchandise area for a while, and we'd like to take a limited number of orders now. They're somewhat time consuming to make, so in the past they've only been available to DragonCon attendees. The good news is that we'll be making a batch for fans to wear during Halloween this year. The core suit is priced at $100, including shipping within the US. You can find your size here. Red TCS Eisen Shirts and TCS Eisen Hats are available for a discounted $10 each when combined with a suit order. We'll only be able to make a small number before the end of the month, so email us right away if you're interested. Suits will be made in the sequence orders are received, and there is a lead time for ordering materials for each set.

It's possible that we could post instructions on making your own suit if there's a big demand for that, but right now it looks like this is the best way to go. Email us or hit the Discuss link below if you have any questions.

--
Original update published on October 2, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be cool for you to make a more "casual" WC suit thing. Maybe the uniforms they wear?

We've discussed it several times in other threads. Those sorts of things end up taking some months to put together, and we haven't gotten a chance to work it out yet. Combining some blue slacks, a blue jacket, a red Eisen shirt and a hat almost does the trick. You could sew on some shoulder patches and a name tape and you'd be just about there.

Great, sign me up! I wear a 38R flight suit.

In the off season, it'll be great on display next to some other suits I have...

I really wish I had US$100,00 to spare... Good job, by the way, the suits look awesome.

Can't be very long - working backwards, they'll need around a week to ship, so they'll have to ship around the 17th to 21st. They'll probably need a week to make the suits, giving us the 10th to 14th.

So I'd expect a response in the next couple of days and orders placed by friday to have a chance of making it before Halloween.

I believe I've sent a tentative email to everyone who's requested information or ordered. One email was caught in my spam folder, so if you tried to contact us and have not gotten a reply, try again asap.

There is no "place the order." The email is the order. Just tell me you want one (and don't do it here, everything is organized in email). We're way behind the gauging for interest stage.

Hmm...

If the email is the order, when are payments expected for them? Will you guys be sending out the methods shortly? We wants it, precious! =)

Did you get an email reply from me? Payment should probably be made in a few weeks. The payment methods are the same as for all CIC Merchandise, paypal and various slow methods.

I've got your first reply, but nothing back from the second one I sent you.

Since I haven't bought through the CIC merchandise things before, would you mind tossing the Paypal/etc link up there, and I'll shoot the cash over to you folks? =)

It'd be best if everyone waited until I set up all the payments together. I won't be finalizing orders until Friday or Saturday. We'll probably order the bulk materials for this batch on Sunday once everything is set for that.

Ah, OK. I wasn't sure if there was a formal ordering mechanism or not. I guess my reply I sent last night will be my order, then.

Not yet. For regular back and forth questions, you'd get much faster responses and leave the thread open for general questions if you came and asked on irc.

Back