Time To Order Flight Suits (October 2, 2005)

im big into props, and i was wondering if any of you happen to ahve pics of the "blasters" from wing commander 4.

If you're referring to the pistol that was used by Vagabond and Blair during their station jaunts (Orestes and Axius, respectively), I think there may be a picture of the actual prop, owned by Joe, of the Origin Museum fame, from DragonCon 2002 (IIRC), when he had a booth to display the various Origin-related stuff he has.

Also, there's a few screen captures of it posted in the WC forum, in the thread discussing sidearms and other man-portable weapons in the WC universe.

On the topic of the flight suit, were they made afterall ? I won one at the birthday party and was hoping to get it in time for Halloween... although I guess is too late now. Were you waiting to get everyone's orders before making them ?

LeHah said:
What account do I paypal my money to, Chris?

ChrisReid@wcnews.com

PopsiclePete said:
On the topic of the flight suit, were they made afterall ? I won one at the birthday party and was hoping to get it in time for Halloween... although I guess is too late now. Were you waiting to get everyone's orders before making them ?

We cut off orders and began making suits several weeks ago. The last of my eisen shirt/hat packages went out a few days ago. I haven't been able to meet up with Halman this week, he's the one sending out the actual suits.

Now comes the interesting question. Since it did not arrive today at all for me... will it actually arrive the 31st in time for the office Hallowe'en party? Timing doesn't get much better than this, I admit!

(Either way, it's still something really nice to have, and there's always next year).

Unfortunately it might not. I've talked to Halman, and they're now in the mail. Especially the two to Canada might get held up. It can vary quite a bit. I've had stuff take 3 days to get to Canada and stuff take 2-3 weeks, independent of how much distance the package had to actually go. The hats/shirts were sent out several days prior to the suits, so if you haven't gotten those yet, it's doesn't look good for getting the suits in time. Sorry, hopefully you'll have lots more uses for them in the future.

I'm betting it arrives on the 31st. It usually takes a week I find (usually, though, usually).

It's funny in that short of overnight shipping, every shipping option takes a week or longer...

Edit: at least that was my experience. I've never seen 3-day cross border, unless one paid overnight or 2 day express...

Oh yeah, I meant to email you guys.
I got hung up with other stuff that didn't leave me enough time to get them done in time. Sent them all out on Friday, so figure your shipping times from that.
I'm really sorry :(

Ah well, there's always next year, and D*C, and how many other opportunities to get some use out of it!

Heard from at least one US recipient who got their suit. Unfortunately it looks like international ones didn't make the cut. Seems that the box to you took a whole week to travel less than 200 miles.

Yeah. I guess we gotta start these things in July and have them out by August to have any chance...

No problem though - at least I had a backup for the office party, and supposedly, I won best costume. Too bad no one there took pictures of that event. (I did have a photo taken at my desk though... I should ask for a copy).

We started for this batch in the spring actually. :) I remember having to hassle with patch suppliers on the phone from Los Angeles when I was there in May. Some of these projects take a whole year to implement.

Heh, I'm not surprised. I've seen projects stay in the early stages for several years before they're executed to completion in a few months.

Still no sign, though. I wonder where it is...

Hey Chris can you give us a round down on how to order those jumpsuits esepcially from overseas...I message/email you the other day and have not heard from you

Crius PMs are a really bad way to get ahold of me. Send me an email or come on irc if you have a question. The next batch really depends on Halman. I wouldn't expect us to have much of a determination for a couple weeks though.

Hrm. A good question is where is my suit... hasn't arrived yet. I did get your box Chris, though on Hallowe'en...

Back