Tigers Claw Model

wow - I like :) A very good model you've done there. Dunno if it's me tho or the angle of the shot but is the flight deck a bit long? regardless, a good model, is this for any project your working on or just for fun?

:cool: Coool

I too think the Flightdeck is a bit to long. But I assume it's beaucse of the view-angel.
Also the Laserturrets are to big.
Still all things considered it a real beauty!

I like.
Because it's a Bengal.
I like a lot.
Wanna know why I like a lot?
Because you've found a way to incorporate a lot of original little details into the model. And not only do they look good, they look plausible- logical
yep, me like a lot.

Looks very good Atkimogus...kinda funny actually I was just about to post a picture of my own Bengal model I've been working on (retrofitted). Looks like you've done a very good job with this one. Very nice.

I like it, as well. Somehow, it captures the feel of the original without beeing too cartoony. Very nice. I can't wait to see your continued developments.

Thanks for your positve feedback, glad you guys like it, as for the length of the flight deck, its indeed the viewing angle who makes it look a bit to long. Altough some stated they like the level of detail I am not quiet satisfied with it but with no other programms availible I drew this model with milkshape3d (a low poly modeller) and the textures are almost all done with paint.

With this model I tried to blend some versions we have for the claw, the 18 launching tubes for fighters and the two hangar bays for shuttles (near the bridge) or other craft are from the wing commander acadamy claw for example, the overall design is from the "blueprints" in the clawmarks and the colour-scheme and the hangar deck textures is from wc1 (with some artistic improvements from me, I tried to make the textures as realistic as possible but still as near to the game as possible, hope I found a good balance though). Another goal was to add as much details as possible (my modeller would allow) without changing the look of the model to much.

As soon as I can get my hands on a more professional programm I hope to make it more detailed and maybe to create a short animation but in the meantime I hope you enjoy a few other shoots of my model.

ps. any suggestion how to add more details without changing the look to much are appriciated. (as well as any other feedback)

Thanks ImageShack for hosting

very nice model. well done job of incorporating design changes from different sources without making it look crazy.

nice modeling m8 . It definitly has the WC flair if you ask me :)

ps. any suggestion how to add more details without changing the look to much are appriciated. (as well as any other feedback)

well can't help you that much, but you could add some metal plates ,unnatural holes, or pipes to the main body. Some bump- and dirt-maps would look good, too, i think :)
have a look at the pictures to see what i mean :)

cube
plane
no texture
texture

Great job Atek. that has to be the best Tiger's Claw model to date. I agree with lynx, about chamfering the hard edges a little, not much, just enough to soften them, see how it comes out. I also know you feel about trying model something so complex and nice in a modeler that isn't really made for that. One thing I am curious about, since you have the launch tubes and all already in, how much space do those allow for the engines, and how much hanger space is there really inside the Claw, can it actually hold the number of ships the games state?

The game TC has 7 engines. the engine in the middle being a tad bigger than the others.
the WingCommander in Russia- or Wedgge's WingCommander web site have pics of the in game cinematic showing the engines.

Back