Thresher Shark? I Just Met Her Shark! (December 8, 2008)

Although it happens in Wing Commander occasionally, just sticking a number on the end of a name isn't very creative. It can make sense if you have the proper justification, otherwise a better option is come up with a similar name that's related in some way.

I know it isn't creative, but it has that Wing Commander feel to it. Not to mention it looks alot like the Stingray.

Maybe Bass?
Or Bat Ray.
Maybe Eel?

Yea with all due respect Dundradal Has a point... I mean it's like naming it the goldfish or perch :) ....But some type of Predatory one sounds better ya know especially one that has the loadout and speed this one is going to have....I'll have to write some specs on it tonight so you guys get a better idea

Haha alright Death very true but I've made the Puffer more of a Bid hunk of something that's hard to kill. Rather Than a speed demon it should be called some type of whale really :p . But at least for this one we should try to think of something Death Forecoming :)

Yea with all due respect Dundradal Has a point... I mean it's like naming it the goldfish or perch :) ....But some type of Predatory one sounds better ya know especially one that has the loadout and speed this one is going to have....I'll have to write some specs on it tonight so you guys get a better idea

I dunno about this. Put yourself in the shoes of an arrogent young prove-myself-to-the-world confee pilot going up against one of these things for the first time...I could see Maniac nicknaming one of them a goldfish or a perch, or even a bass, couldn't you?

Here's another new ship...Tell me what you think?
The picture to the far right of that post looks the best. It looks like a june bug with a main set of wings and a smaller second set. If you could flatten the ship and just have the nodes popping out to the side, it would really create a unique alien look. The side views would then show a ship that is wider and taller than it is long; with a cockpit and bugwing type extensions to the side... maybe the engine could be below the cockpit to allow for a narrower profile.

I think it would also make it fun to have a circular type target to shoot at. It would even be better than the Dralthi since the Dralthi appears as a horizontally circular target who's profile is smaller while you're tailing it. This one would appear as a vertically circular target profile. Of course you could compensate for this by giving it a huge missile loadout.

If you've got a heavy bomber or a large capship a good name would be Sturgeon. I like Eel for that Stingray lookalike, Eels are pretty fast and that fighter looks damn fast.

If you've got a heavy bomber or a large capship a good name would be Sturgeon. I like Eel for that Stingray lookalike, Eels are pretty fast and that fighter looks damn fast.

That's true - we have the Moray already, which is also an Eel. I think I'd vote for Sturgeon though, didn't the US have a sub-class named after that?

Alright here's a comparison between the 4 ships So far....I'm actually unhappy with the way the puffer came out to look but the other 3 I think aren't too shabby. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• 1p.jpg
    1p.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 2p.jpg
    2p.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 3p.jpg
    3p.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 4p.jpg
    4p.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 26
Alright well looks like tonight it's time for these puppies to get into the Vision Engine, and maybe even a revamped Mutha"Puffer"

But they ain't exactly shaped like a puffer-class...

What was the name of that other one that looked like a Moray...damn my memory...

But they ain't exactly shaped like a puffer-class..

I am including a screenshot from the above of the Puffer. This was basically the only thing I had togo on from the Arena Manual.

But Still I have to rework it.

Attachments

• Puff2.jpg
    Puff2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 24
Back