This thread is about cars; if you fag it up I will delete you.

Then for most of the year I drive a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee... 5.9 Limited. It's loaded and runs surprisingly decent. But gas mileage is like 10 miles to the gallon. Oddly enough the Camaro with a larger engine gets better gas mileage...Go figure.

There's a reason coefficients of drag are a concern for automobiles, you know, and it's not because of looks. :p

The 1700-ish pounds extra weight on the GC doesn't help any, either.

my wheels!

just come across this thread some nice motors about! i just tried to upload some pictures of mine but something isnt working:mad: ill try again in a bit

I dirve a jap import nissan 300zx fairlady Z its the 3.0 v6 twin turbo not the pussy non turbo only problem i have with the car is getting parts over here in the UK and i need a new heater matrix as i just blew mine damm thing!! apart from that i love my car!

Dude, there are other punctuation marks beside the exclamation point, and the . can be used for more than decimals.

The pipes arrived today. They're even sexier in person.

Right now I'm trying to decide what tires I want to run in summer, since my OEM Bridgestones are done. It's down to Bridgestone RE760 Sports or Hankook Ventus V12 Evos. The Hankooks are cheaper and possibly maybe slightly better in subjective ways, but a lot of people seem to like the Potenzas. Either way it's way too much fucking money, but there's no way around it.

I went ahead and bought the Bridgestones. Over 650 dollars and this was the cheap option. 18" wheels are a curse.

lifk.jpg

I bought my first motorcycle yesterday.

2006 Kawasaki EX-250F. Had 4338 miles on it at time of purchase. The original owner who I purchased it from did a fantastic job on both maintenance and just keeping it looking pretty. Everything about it still feels new even though it was purchased just over 3 years ago. Not a scratch on it.

Kawasaki advertises it as getting 48mpg. It's a beginner sportbike basically, fun and quick enough, but not absurdly powerful. Top speed is 99 mph and the engine outputs about 37.4 horsepower. That might not sound great at first if you're thinking of it like a car, but then you realize the thing only weighs 355 pounds wet, so it zooms around quite nicely.

I originally wanted to get a new 2010 model, but as I thought more about it while I was shopping around, I realized I liked the overall look and features of the previous generation of Ninja 250 better (the whole thing was revamped in 2008 and they changed quite a bit.) Plus it cost less than half as much. I would have preferred a blue one, but obnoxiously bright yellow with ridiculous flames down the side is growing on me quickly.

I had to downsize the pictures a bit for the CZ to accept them so they look a little crudgy. Higher res pictures are here: http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/bike/

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    533.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0229 edit.jpg
    IMG_0229 edit.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 134
The pictures look really good. That's almost exactly what I'd want if I went out and got a motorcycle right now.

I've been working on cleaning the engine of my '93 318IS which I got for a cool $1200.

Seems only one minor thing was wrong with it, (computers got wet) but the previous owner didn't care and sold the car anyway to me.

Anyway Before:

25350_1247749796467_1311104085_30619713_3100672_n.jpg

After:

25350_1247750556486_1311104085_30619727_7436231_n.jpg

Close up:

25350_1247750636488_1311104085_30619729_3682525_n.jpg

After I clean up the body a bit I'll post some more pictures.

Reading this thread makes me feel silly since I don't know anything about cars.

It makes me feel even more silly when I realize that my day job involves sitting in a car factory editing car manuals, and yet I don't know anything about cars.

And, seeing Trelane's badassssss ninja reminds me of my 49cc Yamaha Jog Poche with the seat rotted off, the front forks warped, the rear wheel out of true, the rollers mangled in some awful way, and a bees' nest in the muffler, but it could still run the needle off the end of the speedometer on a straightaway as long as there were no other cars around to crash into.
Well, it could until the ignition lock seized up and the key wouldn't turn anymore.
Scrapped it and gave it to my boss, who rebuilt it and apparently uses it to go buy cigarettes in the middle of the night.

This is the first I've heard of the C4C program - and I fully agree with Death's appraisal of it. It's worth pointing out that Chairman Mao introduced an extremely similar program in China during (IIRC) the Great Leap Forward. (This is one of the approximately three things I actually remember from my college education...) The program called for the Chinese people to produce steel in their backyards to supplement national production. Of course, the government didn't provide raw materials or anything, so the people had to melt down their steel pots and farm tools to produce... steel. In addition to the law of conservation of mass, the other stumbling block to this plan was the fact that you can't just take a load of bricks and some coal and halfass your way to a steel foundry, so the steel products that they "produced" were full of slag and crumbled when they tried to use them. In other words, they took their working pots and farm tools, melted them down, and turned them into useless garbage, and of course the result was that everyone died of famine within a couple of years.

And, seeing Trelane's badassssss ninja reminds me of my 49cc Yamaha Jog Poche with the seat rotted off, the front forks warped, the rear wheel out of true, the rollers mangled in some awful way, and a bees' nest in the muffler, but it could still run the needle off the end of the speedometer on a straightaway as long as there were no other cars around to crash into.
Well, it could until the ignition lock seized up and the key wouldn't turn anymore.
Scrapped it and gave it to my boss, who rebuilt it and apparently uses it to go buy cigarettes in the middle of the night.

I heard scooters are for faggots.

I actually did feel like a massive fruit while riding around on a bike that weighed less than me, but I tried to make up for this by filling it with 2-cycle racing oil at $10 bucks a can.

It didn't go any faster, but when I scrapped it the engine was apparently in excellent shape.

Light bikes are fun.
I think I'll get a wr250x as my next bike.
A little dual sport packs a lot of fun.

But for now, I'm just selling my gsxr750. Would rather pay off my car, and I don't really ride much.

-scheherazade

Back