This thread is about cars; if you fag it up I will delete you.

This law is bullshit, where was it fifteen years ago when I had to replace about a billion trikes and quads with tanks and missile launchers?

This law is bullshit, where was it fifteen years ago when I had to replace about a billion trikes and quads with tanks and missile launchers?

There is some good to this debauchery. As Death said, the dealerships are piling up used cars. I was able to get an 03 Wrangler for $4000. Wranglers usually hold their value like no other, and this one has a brand new transmission in it. I was happy to get rid of my clunker for this, so now I have no car payments, paid cash, and my insurance is less due to not having to have full, overpriced coverage on my car. Dealerships are now desperate to get rid of used cars.

Surprise, surprise, now the government wants me to replace those with Devastators and Sonic Tanks.

Surprise, surprise, now the government wants me to replace those with Devastators and Sonic Tanks.

How many Sonic Tanks are you going to get? Let's show up at the next healthcare town hall meeting with them to ensure that our right to kill people is cemented in the public's mind. :D

There is some good to this debauchery. As Death said, the dealerships are piling up used cars. I was able to get an 03 Wrangler for $4000.

I'm pretty sure I didn't say that, especially after reviewing my posts in this thread.

If anything, C4C increases the cost of used cars, as it reduces supply (that whole supply/demand thing). Cars traded in for the C4C program can't be resold. They have to have their engines destroyed (by replacing oil with sodium silicate, and running until it dies from having what's essentially liquid sandpaper run through its internals).

This, of course, pisses off junkyards to no end, as engines and transmissions are a rather sizable chunk of the profit from parting out cars on their lots. I've heard, though don't have a cite immediately handy, that some yards are outright refusing to take C4C trade-ins because they're pretty much space-wasters.

Haha, sweet! Corksport finally gave in to customer pleading and are going to release a high-flow catalytic converter to fit where their "race pipe" normally does. Full turbo-back here I come. Look at this sexy downpipe. Divorced wastegate for maximum capability to bore women.

I have no money, but I'll work this out.

Haha, sweet! Corksport finally gave in to customer pleading and are going to release a high-flow catalytic converter to fit where their "race pipe" normally does. Full turbo-back here I come. Look at this sexy downpipe. Divorced wastegate for maximum capability to bore women.

I have no money, but I'll work this out.

HAHA SWEET!! Yeah I've always found when you really need it, you can scrape some money together.

Totally - a 'buy it now, ask questions later' type situation. That looks pretty impressive!

You should post some vids or at least some audeo files after the install is done...

Will do. First, I have to locate the battery charger for my camera.

Meanwhile, here are some pictures of a real winner:

2keltz.jpg

z1nk6.jpg

33di1rd.jpg

I'm speechless.

Will do. First, I have to locate the battery charger for my camera.

Meanwhile, here are some pictures of a real winner:

2keltz.jpg

z1nk6.jpg

33di1rd.jpg

I'm speechless.

Hahaha! Nice very nice, yeah you definitely need to post some vids of this thing. I'd love to see the engine on that.

Well, here's his CarDomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3340930

His engine bay looks very close to stock. He's got an unnecessary and very expensive blowoff valve, a needless oil filter conversion with a terrible K&N filter in there, Cobb's inlet and intake (like I have), and a larger intercooler from ETS.

The stock hood on these cars has special ducting in it to direct plenty of air onto the intercooler already, the car doesn't need a Boss 429 hoodscoop.

Well, here's his CarDomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3340930

His engine bay looks very close to stock. He's got an unnecessary and very expensive blowoff valve, a needless oil filter conversion with a terrible K&N filter in there, Cobb's inlet and intake (like I have), and a larger intercooler from ETS.

The stock hood on these cars has special ducting in it to direct plenty of air onto the intercooler already, the car doesn't need a Boss 429 hoodscoop.

Incredible dude, I especially like the one of the interior, the blue and Orange go well together.

Wow - I'm sorry to say, that scoop looks terrible. I mean, that's bigger than an STI's. That's pretty difficult to achieve. The driver should have simply painted a bright red and white target symbol on the hood that says "please, come spank me." At least people might think he was sponsored by Target.

If he is THAT worried about adequate air flow, he should simply switch to a front mount intercooler (henceforth known as an FMIC, because I'm awesome and get to dictate acronyms.)

Really, this step should be avoided unless except for extreme boosting situations. The added plumbing complexity and length of tubing usually negates any gains from having a bigger unit up front.

So, in the end the vehicle just looks silly and no matter how fast it is, it won't live up to the image. I always prefer the alternate - look restrained, drive wild. :p

FMICs are cool because you can rattlecan a big mirror-reversed MOVE on them to instruct dweebs what to do.

FMICs are cool because you can rattlecan a big mirror-reversed MOVE on them to instruct dweebs what to do.

Hey frosty, question. I just finished working on the internal mechanics, (I'll post pics ASAP) but after looking at the wear on the body... yeah I'm not sandblasting it myself. I'm going to let a professional paint it. Any idea of a reasonable price would be? I'm looking around and no one's giving me a straight answer on price.

That's a tough question to answer because it depends somewhat on the paint you choose, among other things.

A guy at another forum I visit was quoted around 3500 to do his '53 Chevy pickup in two colors, this including stripping and prep, and I think a little metal work to take some dents and things out of fenders.

One thing I know about how these things are priced is how they charge for spraying: They don't charge you for paint exactly, they estimate the amount of paint they use per hour and then charge a big fat hourly. This can wind up being really expensive if you're getting a good job.

I would say - and this is by no means an authoritative statement - you'd be looking at 2 grand on the low end and 4 on the high. You can save some cash by doing the prep work yourself, but then you've already done the hard part and you might as well spray it yourself, too.

I wish I could be more helpful. I guess just keep checking around, and maybe ask on some local boards to see if anyone knows.

UPDATE:::

The valiant's mechanical work is done. I've chromed the engine and replaced the insulation and added a new radio antennae. ( I know I SERIOUSLY need to take some pics).

As for the paint job, that'll wait till next summer. HOWEVER I decided not to change the color to black, per Frosty's advice, I'm changing my plan to one of those "Crazy 60s colors." So it is going to be this shiney Bronze I saw on a couple of later 60s cars recently.

Oh me oh my, guess who just spent a whole freaking lot of money on a new down-pipe and catted mid-pipe.

Those parts would be this:

midpipe.jpg

and this:

downpipe.jpg

They match the catback I already bought and should sound really mean. With the help of the AccessPort they should help boost power and torque by quite a bit, too.

It's a weird time to buy parts since it's the middle of winter, but whatever. They'll be ready to go come springtime. I will, of course, document the installation with poor photos and videos so that the internet can see.

DSC00029.jpg

Little constructive to add. Stock, replaced the exhaust with stock pipe, beat the shit out of it on crappy Canadian highways and it didn't so much as twitch (a THM400 pan can take 2 tons going 40MPH and barely scratch, it's pretty cool). Nothing worked besides the engine, transmission, lamps and power windows. Awesome once you get it over 30MPH, nightmarish under the hood.

Here's my vehicles....Too much work to really put down but...during the summer I drive an 87' Iroc (Removed all silly stickers when I painted and never put em back). Dual stage painting. base/clear.... replaced engine and trans. was 305 TPI, then swapped out for 383 Built Stealthram. replaced trans to a built 700R4. did alot but I don't want to bore everyone.....

Then for most of the year I drive a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee... 5.9 Limited. It's loaded and runs surprisingly decent. But gas mileage is like 10 miles to the gallon. Oddly enough the Camaro with a larger engine gets better gas mileage...Go figure. Here's a pic or 2.

If you guys want a sound clip of the Camaro just PM me....I'll send it to you.

Attachments

• interior1.jpg
    interior1.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 146
  • iroc3.jpg
    iroc3.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 157
  • irocz8.jpg
    irocz8.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Jeep7.jpg
    Jeep7.jpg