This is off topic, if you don't like SW, don't read.

Knight

Spaceman
Has anyone but me ever heard of Behind the Magic, The Insiders Guide to Star Wars? Its a 2 CD-ROM set that has about anything you'd ever want to know about the movies, including like an hours worth of video clips from the movies, information about all the ships, people, locations, events, a timeline, etc. and even a scene by scene breakdown, with images, assorted info, and the actual script, all on one screen, and its real easy to use. It also has a "Lost Footage" section, which shows alot of the early footage from ANH that was cut. If you like Star Wars as much as me, its well worth the like 15-25 bucks it costs. Mine costs 30 bucks, and I've had it for a while, just now getting around to using it alot. I've went through A New Hope, and I'm up to scene 16 of ESB in the screne play part. Real cool software. And please don't close this because I mentioned something other than WC.

------------------
Member of the Blacklance HQ
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
When I'm in the cockpit, Knight never falls.

I've got that. Came in a pack with a bunch of other SW stuff. Only payed $5 for it.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
"Lost Footage?" Does this contain the Luke/Biggs conversation in Anchorhead?

(I don't really like Star Wars anymore, but I've always been curious about that scene.)

------------------
Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow.

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited January 13, 2000).]

I remember last year I listened to something on Shoutcast that had Mark Hammil and a buncha other people (No other originals though) reading the original script for Episode IV: A New Hope, and I realized there's a whole lotta stuff cut out of that movie.

I wonder if that little thingie is still out there. Well worth the listen.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

I don't know if any of you have read the trilogy but there was one hell of a lot of stuff cut out of all three of the original films, and even quite a bit cut out of the Phantom Menace (Gods but that is an awfull film).

One of the most notoriuos cuts in the Phaantom Menace is that one where they shortened the podrace sequence. That sequence had something like fifteen minutes in its original inception, but they thought that would be too long etc., so they shortened it.

It's just too bad that they have to take part of the fun out of the movie to make it profitable.

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

I didn't like Phantom Menace, it looked like a SW parody made by Disnay. The first three were much better, and I hate Jar Jar.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

I think the Phantom Menace was so hyped up that no matter how good the film was in the end it still wouldn't have met everyones expectations, so it was almost doomed from the start to get more than the usual amount of criticism.

Yes, in the Lost Footage section it has a clip (its about 4-5 mins, something like that) of the Biggs and luke conversation at Anchorhead. It also has an alternate cantina scene with Solo and Chewie, really neat stuff.

------------------

I think Phantom Menace would have been a whole lot better if they had gotten rid of Jar Jar Binks and made Anakin a tad older, so he would not have been so "precious and cute." Sorry, but that made my stomach turn.

------------------

I'm with you on this one. He was too childish...

But I wonder, if there were podraces when Anakin was young, what happened to them when he got old (Darth Vader)?

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

The Empire banned them?
smile.gif
But I don't think the Empire would really care what goes on in the Outer Rim worlds. Maybe they just lost interest in them. God knows I did after a few minutes...

------------------

And I wonder that they can smash themselves in those things and not die...

------------------

I liked Darth Maul. Some of the stunts they did were cool. The kid that played Anakin was too childish.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Now, the woman who played Queen Amidala(except in those extravagant outfits and facial paint job) was pretty cute.

Natalie Portman. She's OK, not realy my type though. I can't understand why her character at age 14 would be interested in Anakin (8 years old)

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Well, we'll just have to wait til E2 comes out to figure that one out. Mr. Lucas wants to do with these 3 what he did with the first 3. He's bringing the romance and character development into the second movie. But if he brings DeCaprio into it, I WILL NOT go see it. Not that I don't like him or nothing.
biggrin.gif

------------------

While on the subject, I've been thinking of SW as a whole recently...

I know some people call E1 "The Phantom Plot," but it's only one movie. If you connect it to the 3 we've seen already, you can see it's a beatiful story. It really irritates me that people claim it to be terrible.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

If I see DeCaprio in it, I'll personally throw a tomato on the screen , then go to the projection room and burn the roll. Oh, I mean the DVD, or whatever.

>:)

------------------

Back