Things that I like about WC1...

Originally posted by Concordia
And I thought Shotglass was an American because he kind of looked the type. He might have been something else, but I assumed so because he spoke english and nobody said where he was from, so I assumed American. Stupid error on my part (unless I'm right, then I'm brilliantly guessing ;))

Looking at him in SWC, he looks like he's from Brooklyn. Or Italian, though he looks more American to me.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Looking at him in SWC, he looks like he's from Brooklyn. Or Italian, though he looks more American to me.
Wow, I never realised that people from Brooklyn are a distinct ethnic group How did that happen? Must be a lot of in-breeding going on there :p.

Originally posted by Concordia

9.) You have a diverse cast
-You have one chinese (Chen), one japanese (Tanaka), an african-american (Khumalo), a belgian (Devereaux), two americans (Blair, Shotglass), a canadian (Casey), an australian (Ian St. John), and one person not even of Earth (none other than 2nd. Lt. Todd "Maniac" Marshall; he's from Leto, Proxima Centauri IV), this includes 2 women in the cast (Tanaka, Devereaux) not just "American's in Space". You later see a Maori (Etienne Montclair "Doomsday"), another American (Zach "Jazz" Colson), a Russian ("Bear" Bondarevsky), and even an Alien! (A Kilrathi, Ralgha nar Hhallas "Hobbes")... not to mention K'Kai (A Firekkan), also a female.
-Probably a more diverse cast than Star Trek actually...

You forgot about Paladin, A Scotsman

The true message of WC is clear -- each one has a large cast with lots of different races/nationalities... but in the end, only the white guys survive.

The meaning of the 'homeworld' field in Victory Streak isn't clear -- I would waged that it refers to where the characters *currently* live and not where they were born... afterall, we know from WC3 itself that Flint is from Locanda and not Earth. Ditto the 'homeworld' field in the WC4 pilot bios -- we know Maniac is from Leto and not Mars...

Blair's younger days are a bit confusing. The Telep adaptation makes clear that he was born on Nephele. When the Pilgrim conflict started and his fathers comission was called up, his mother smuggled him to Peron (Luyten System). After Peron fell and his mother and father were killed, Blair was cared for by his aunt and uncle on Nephele. His uncle was killed in a farming accident and his aunt moved off-world to re-marry. He was then adopted by his maternal grandparents (still on Nephele).

Blair is going to Earth at the end of WC3 because he's signed up to work with the diplomatic corps to facilitate the peace treaty. After that's done, he moves back to Nephele to become an alcoholic (G)

As I sit here on my uncomfortable computer chair, writing a H&S report at 2:45 am, that last statement has just sapped the last drop of my will to live.

Back on topic, I liked the way everyone was so nice to you in wing 1 (wing 2 came as a bit of a shock afterwards)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Blair is going to Earth at the end of WC3 because he's signed up to work with the diplomatic corps to facilitate the peace treaty. After that's done, he moves back to Nephele to become an alcoholic (G)

It's pretty clear that Blair is going home to go to the beach and have sex. Even if he doesn't bring a girl home, there are plenty who want to par-tay with the heart of the tiger.

Yes, Blair might not have been born on earth, but earth was his home. On the alternate ending, he brags to Thrakkath that he'll never truly conquer EARTH.

Or else it would be:

Blair: "You'll never truly conquer Nephele III!"

Thrakkath: "What? Where?"

Blair: "My homeworld, Nephele III!"

Thrakkath: "Who gives a monkey's ass?"

Blair: "It's a arid desert planet with Savannas, an environment you particularly like"

Thrakkath: "Really? I'm looking for a summer residence"

Blair: "Well, I happen to be selling a nice piece of real state there. Really quite, next to some a buddist temble, you'd like it"

Thrakkath: "Oh, yes, after I read the terran bible, I read about the terran Budda. Did I tell you that when I'm not waging war against another races I'm a full time xeno theologist at the university of Kilrah?"

Blair: "Really? I've been studying quite a bit of philosophy myself, and classic greek oratory. You never now when you might have to debate in front of an assembly"

Thrakkat: “You are a true warrior, heart of the tiger”

Originally posted by Delance
It's pretty clear that Blair is going home to go to the beach and have sex. Even if he doesn't bring a girl home, there are plenty who want to par-tay with the heart of the tiger.

Yes, Blair might not have been born on earth, but earth was his home. On the alternate ending, he brags to Thrakkath that he'll never truly conquer EARTH.

Or else it would be:

Blair: "You'll never truly conquer Nephele III!"

Thrakkath: "What? Where?"

Thrakkath: "Who gives a monkey's ass?"

Blair: "It's a arid desert planet with Savannas, an environment you particularly like"

Thrakkath: "Really? I'm looking for a summer residence"

Blair: "Well, I happen to be selling a nice piece of real state there. Really quite, next to some a buddist temble, you'd like it"

Thrakkath: "Oh, yes, after I read the terran bible, I read about the terran Budda. Did I tell you that when I'm not waging war against another races I'm a full time xeno theologist at the university of Kilrah?"

Blair: "Really? I've been studying quite a bit of philosophy myself, and classic greek oratory. You never now when you might have to debate in front of an assembly"

Thrakkat: “You are a true warrior, heart of the tiger”

LMAO! That was F*CKING HILAROUS!!!

-Concordia

Re: Re: Things that I like about WC1...

Originally posted by Quarto
Dang, I must've missed that :p. Seriously, WC1 is a great game, but its plot is not really something to write home about.

Uhhh... I thought you said you're talking about WC1?

He is also talking about SM1/SM2.Secret mission`s have great plot and ofcourse there is Ralgha in there and K`Kai.The first appearence of Hobbes was in SM2.........

Delance:Anyone in the position of Blair would say the same Thing "you ll never conquer EARTH".Earth is the our "mother" Homeplanet no matter where someone is born....

Re: Re: Re: Things that I like about WC1...

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Delance:Anyone in the position of Blair would say the same Thing

No, they wouldn't. Angel, in the same position, choose to spit on Thrakkath's face.

Earth is the our "mother" Homeplanet no matter where someone is born....

No kidding, TCS, you are freaking brilliant... Until you pointed it out, people on this forum had no idea the human race came from planet Earth.

I mean that Earth is the homeplanet of all ,even if in about 10000 years humans were Born in the other side of the Galaxy !!
Also,no one can say how you ,me or anyone would behave in a similar position to Blair/Angel.Angel maybe not mentioned Earth but that doesnt mean anything

Also dont be ironic and stupid please

No kidding, TCS, you are freaking brilliant... Until you pointed it out, people on this forum had no idea the human race came from planet Earth.

He is also talking about SM1/SM2.Secret mission`s have great plot and ofcourse there is Ralgha in there and K`Kai.The first appearence of Hobbes was in SM2.........

K'Kai isn't in Secret Missions 2 -- just Freedom Flight. Perhaps you're thinking of Captain Lahrri?

Yes... he probably says that because Thrakhath is, during that scene, in the process of, you know, *CONQUERING EARTH*.

"You'll never truly conquer Nephele!"
"Well, you know, I'm not really trying."
"Oh, fine, we're cool."

Nephele *II*. :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Things that I like about WC1...

No, they wouldn't. Angel, in the same position, choose to spit on Thrakkath's face.

You see why I like her? :) But seriously, I was thinking along the lines that all the humans we see in Wing Commander are from Earth at one point or another, and were simply born on, say, Locanda. But I think the more realistic answer is that Earth would hit home where any other planet wouldn't. Human nature showing it's hubris, the Kilrathi conquering Earth and enslaving us all would strike a chord with our emotions, but really were it anyome else we wouldn't care.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Things that I like about WC1...

Tell that to the Spacers :(

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
K'Kai isn't in Secret Missions 2 -- just Freedom Flight. Perhaps you're thinking of Captain Lahrri?

Yeah, and also appears Commander Mo´eh and Ensign Co-raly.

Back