Things that I like about WC1...

I do like WC1 really well...I only wish that it was in FMV as WC3/4/P/SO were but Origin would have to do a remake for that or perhaps fan made MOD.

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
I mean that Earth is the homeplanet of all ,even if in about 10000 years humans were Born in the other side of the Galaxy !!
captobvious.jpg

Also,no one can say how you ,me or anyone would behave in a similar position to Blair/Angel.Angel maybe not mentioned Earth but that doesnt mean anything

Actually, that means exactaly what I said.

Also dont be ironic and stupid please

I think you should follow your own "don't be stupid" advice to reduce the chance of ironic responses.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
K'Kai isn't in Secret Missions 2 -- just Freedom Flight. Perhaps you're thinking of Captain Lahrri?

Yes... he probably says that because Thrakhath is, during that scene, in the process of, you know, *CONQUERING EARTH*.

"You'll never truly conquer Nephele!"
"Well, you know, I'm not really trying."
"Oh, fine, we're cool."

Nephele *II*. :)

Captain Lahrri was the first Firekkan to leave her home-planet? Or was she second or third to K'Kai?

-Concordia

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Yes... he probably says that because Thrakhath is, during that scene, in the process of, you know, *CONQUERING EARTH*.

Yes, but it's a little more than that. Earth is the terran homeworld. :)

Nephele *II*. :)

My mistake. But I can save this with in 3 ways :)

1. Blair was trying to drive Thrakkath off his actual planet.
2. Blair wanted to be right at all costs: there was NO Nephele II, so Thrakkath actually would never truly conquer it.
3. Who gives a monkey's ass?

Oh yes, and there is one thing I forgot to say...

11.) WC1 was one of the first games to use a Sound-Card.
-It wasn't required I don't think, but it definetly made the game more enjoyable with the lasers and the explosions, and the "whoosh" noise made by missiles firing.
-WC1 was actually one of the reasons that many PC-owners installed Sound-Cards on their computers.

-Concordia

Originally posted by Concordia
11.) WC1 was one of the first games to use a Sound-Card.
-It wasn't required I don't think, but it definetly made the game more enjoyable with the lasers and the explosions, and the "whoosh" noise made by missiles firing.
-WC1 was actually one of the reasons that many PC-owners installed Sound-Cards on their computers.

True. It was one of the main reasons I installed a Sound Card. It cost me around 100 USD, at the time. Sound Blaster. It rocked. People were impressed - my computer could freaking talk.

Oh, by the way, one thing I forgot...

Reason 12.) The ships appear at all angles. The ships don't always appear head-on at you or level on a flat plane.

They can sometimes appear upside down, 30 degrees above you!

That's very realistic.

-Concordia

Originally posted by Concordia
Oh, by the way, one thing I forgot...

Reason 12.) The ships appear at all angles. The ships don't always appear head-on at you or level on a flat plane.

They can sometimes appear upside down, 30 degrees above you!

That's very realistic.

-Concordia

are there games that doesnt have different planes?? that would make for one hell of a crappy flight sim

Reason 11-B) Joystick support

Along with the soundcard support was joystick support. (the joyport was on the soundcard). They also made good use of only having 2 buttons at the time. Press and hold button2 to increase/decrease speed and roll your ship. Or double-click to engage afterburners.
Most people didn't have joysticks back then, so the main flight control was mouse (freelancer anyone?)

What's interesting is in WC:KS they did not add support for rudders or throttle for wc1 & wc2.

Back