they will screw up the storyline anyway........

Kain

Spaceman
i don't care anymore for EA's WC stuff, i bet
it'll be a rush job and the buggies have
a home planet blah blah blah (thousands of plotlines ripping off classic sci-fi)blair
comes back,the bugs explode or something.WC:UE and WC:LU, the two upcoming fan made games have great storylines(LU's bug <sp?>origin<sp?> ) well maybe EA could think up something cool...but then after
seeing SO's missions and plot....hmmmm,yuck
redface.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm... what the hell are you talking about??? There is no planned game from EA so how can it have a bad storyline and be a rush job? Heck a rush job would be better than the nothing we're getting.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

****Originally posted by Kain:
i don't care anymore for EA's WC stuff,****

Um, EA and OSI have abandoned WC for the time being.
frown.gif

****i bet it'll be a rush job and the buggies have a home planet****

Well yeah, you'd think that they would have a planet on which they originated from. Or it could be much different.

**** blah blah blah (thousands of plotlines ripping off classic sci-fi)****

Eh, so the Behemoth, for example, wasn't a rip off of the Death Star? The last mission in WC3 wasn't copying the attack run on the Death Star?

****blair comes back,the bugs explode or something.****Um, OSI got rid of Blair in a way that would let them bring him back, but that would be very unlikely anyway. And yes, I'd assume that some bugs would have to explode in their fighters and all.

****WC:UE and WC:LU, the two upcoming fan made games have great storylines****

Um, UE had a <<no offense>> rather stupid plot. I mean, the black lance comes back? Please, and as far as I'm concerned UE is gone. And I never even heard of LU.

****(LU's bug <sp?>origin<sp?> )****

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot over?

****well maybe EA could think up something cool...but then after seeing SO's missions and plot....hmmmm,yuck
redface.gif

Hm, the SO plot was thin, but it didn't *screw up* any storyline, and SO was and is great. And it's OSI that comes up with the story.....

So, grow up, and stop bitching 'kay?

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited May 16, 2000).]

Kain, are one of those snooty rich people?

------------------
There's No Point In Ho's If You Can't Share 'Em With Your Bro's :p

Originally posted by Earthworm:

:Um, EA and OSI have abandoned WC for the time being
frown.gif
:

yeah i know.

"Well yeah, you'd think that they would have a planet on which they originated from. Or it could be much different"

yes but there could be cool "twists" to it,make it a little diffrent

:Eh, so the Behemoth, for example, wasn't a rip off of the Death Star? The last mission in WC3 wasn't copying the attack run on the Death Star?:

yes it was well done and diffrent.

:Um, OSI got rid of Blair in a way that would let them bring him back, but that would be very unlikely anyway. And yes, I'd assume that some bugs would have to explode in their fighters and all:

stop trying to sound smart and all

:And I never even heard of LU:

lost universe,i think WC fan "black wolf" is makeing it.

: but it didn't *screw up* any storyline, and SO was and is great. And it's OSI that comes up with the story.....:

wow,you'ed think my thread title represents
my entire thread?enough with smartass remarks

why do you assume i am bitching?

Ah, forget it. This young one ain't worth arguing with.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited May 16, 2000).]

By bitching, Earthworm meant the way you posted this little tirade of yours about EA, which made little sense, and contained very little truth.

Oh, and the trench run on Kilrah was hardly well done and different - it was an almost exact copy of the Death Star concept, except that it was, quite frankly, lamer. The X-Wing went pretty fast in the trench, while the Excalibur just plodded on, and on. And in X-Wing, you didn't have the option of hovering above the target site while you waited for target lock (which, come to think of it, you didn't have... you were expected to use the Force
wink.gif
).

Posted by Craze:
Kain, are one of those snooty rich people?
Yes, Craze, those sort of remarks are exactly what I mean when I say that you should adjust your attitude.

Oh? Did I say that you're not allowed to? I just explained to you what Earthworm meant by bitching, is all
smile.gif
. Feel free to voice all your negative thoughts about WC/EA/OS. However, also be prepared for all the negative feedback that you WILL get. This is a WC site, and some of us still feel some loyalty towards EA/OS... and of course, you know how we feel about WC
biggrin.gif

And of course, we don't apreaciate unneccessary BS (no offense of course). What you said, was mostly wrong, and I can't think of a single reason for you to even post that.

Hey, UEs not gone, and don't insuult its old plot, we didn't relase the details, since it doesn't seem to matter anymore:-

Whilst Black Lance equipment was being destroyed 1 carrier was hijacked (this was back in WC4 time)
This was done and the so called black lance was a small group lead by Tolwyns nephew through his loyallty to Tolwyn was attempting to carry out his own version of the Admirals dream of purity.
Oh well I guess that doesn't matter anymore, more simple plot in the works now.

Yes! That right! Shut up! The old plot of WCUE was even better than WC4!!!!

------------------
"Hasta la victoria siempre."
-El Che

****Originally posted by Pedro:
Hey, UEs not gone,****

It's gone as far as I'm concerned. There hasn't been anything new in a while, and now that it's suposed to have only 10 or so missions.

****and don't insuult its old plot,****

Well, excuse me, but the black lance coming back isn't exactly original, or belivable.

****This was done and the so called black lance was a small group lead by Tolwyns nephew through his loyallty to Tolwyn was attempting to carry out his own version of the Admirals dream of purity.
Oh well I guess that doesn't matter anymore, more simple plot in the works now.****

Well, than I'm glad you won't make a game with that plot. Kevin Tolwyn bringing back the black lance to continue Geoffs dreams? Please, that realy sounds lame.

****Yes! That right! Shut up!****

Hm, I don't recall that people on this board are allowed to demand something from others (except the mods and admins of course).
smile.gif

****The old plot of WCUE was even better than WC4!!!!****

LOL!
smile.gif
That's the funiest thing I heard all day.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited May 17, 2000).]

*gag*...

Pardon me? Did I just hear the words "better than the plot of WC4"? Doubtful...

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

It's gone as far as I'm concerned. There hasn't been anything new in a while, and now that it's suposed to have only 10 or so missions.
Hey, it's NOT gone!
smile.gif
I fully intend to get the plot done; I've even got a basic idea of what'll be happening, now. And even if it only has ten or so missions, that's still better than nothing.

It won't be more than about 5 megs, there will be no voice overs in this one which will save huge amounts of space ok?

PS maybe I'm just dumb but what was wrong with the plot, I made a contribution to it and I liked it, it was no more unbelievable than when tolwyn was found out to be the head of the black lance and all that, and that was a great twist!

Actualy it was more unbelivable. Tolwyn was an old, experienced commander that could see what was coming for Confed, he was there at the begining when politics nearly cause Confed to loose in the first days of war. Now, assuming you mean Kevin Tolwyn, he was fighting the cats for only 5 years of so. And after Adm. Tolwyn went back to Confed, Kevin stayed with the Landreich right before WC4. And anyone who read any of the novels with Kevin, will see that his character just wouldn't do that.

Thank God Tolwyns kids were killed, or you'd made them continue Geoffs dream.
smile.gif

Back