The World Trade Center Movie

Is A Motion Picture (Feature Film) About 9/11 and the WTC Appropriate?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
the movie showed not be made yet to give time for the hurt to pass. i lost some friends in the WTC and in the penn

they should git it right though.

as for sbl one show soked in pig greese to enshore that he gets to hell.

Originally posted by Aries

but i wouldn't worry too much about some liberal asshole making it look like it was our fault, because if one does, his ass better move outta the country BEFORE the movie comes out, cause he wouldn't live long if he didn't

Well the West certainly is to be blamed to a certain degree. You don't wake up and say "Hey it is nice to be a terrorist, lets fly a plane into the WTC".
Can you imagine how desperate the people of a country have to be in order to produce that ammount of suicidal terrorists. To send their kids to camps where they learn that kinda stuff and be proud of it? Of course a big deal is caused by their own government and their propaganda. But that propaganda wouldn't work without the faults of the West. And the current politic most certainly increases that flow and doesn't reduce it.
I deliberately don't want to mention states or events, but of course the USA is the symbol for the West so they get most of the shit attributed to them even if they aren't to blame in a particular case.

Have you considered that some of it is from the Koran, and some terrorists belief that it is a great honor to die fighting the West and non believers? It's all in the Koran if you wish to look it up.

Originally posted by cff
Well the West certainly is to be blamed to a certain degree. You don't wake up and say "Hey it is nice to be a terrorist, lets fly a plane into the WTC".

your right. if our founding fathers hadn't put this little thing called religious freedom into the constitution and if they had made the only religion not punishable by death islam, the WTC attacks never would have happened

Can you imagine how desperate the people of a country have to be in order to produce that ammount of suicidal terrorists. To send their kids to camps where they learn that kinda stuff and be proud of it?

doesn't seem to me that they are desperate. seems to me that they just don't like us

Of course a big deal is caused by their own government and their propaganda. But that propaganda wouldn't work without the faults of the West. And the current politic most certainly increases that flow and doesn't reduce it.

so it's a *fault* that the majority of the western world doesn't follow islam?

your right. if our founding fathers hadn't put this little thing called religious freedom into the constitution and if they had made the only religion not punishable by death islam, the WTC attacks never would have happened

doesn't seem to me that they are desperate. seems to me that they just don't like us

Looks like Aries has caught us all into his inevitable net of logic. :rolleyes:

Right, because it's all a result of Islam, that horrible, horrible religion that preaches against killing civilians, asks for tolerance of Christians and Jews, and forbids religious conversion by force. Yep, I can definitely see how such a crazy worldview would lead to terrorism.

Phillip: yes, it's all in the Koran. It's also all in the Bible and the Torah. Indeed, it's everywhere. Who was it that said, "Give me liberty or give me death"? Isn't that a call for suicide bombings? Truth is, any work dealing with morality can be twisted to make whatever you want sound like the perfectly appropriate thing to do. Christians twisted St. Augustine's work beyond all recognition to get the Crusades up and running, for example.

I've read a bunch of stupid things in this forum, but that's both idiotic and stupidly insulting. Don't do that.

Originally posted by Quarto
Phillip: yes, it's all in the Koran. It's also all in the Bible and the Torah. Indeed, it's everywhere. Who was it that said, "Give me liberty or give me death"? Isn't that a call for suicide bombings?

Someone doing this would be taking the quote horribly out of context. I'm not sure where it originated from, maybe the American Civil War, but it certainly had nothing to do with suicide bombings.

Truth is, any work dealing with morality can be twisted to make whatever you want sound like the perfectly appropriate thing to do. Christians twisted St. Augustine's work beyond all recognition to get the Crusades up and running, for example.

Which is why it is not a good idea to twist someone's work around. Otherwise you'll have another McCarthy or PTC situation on your hands. Wanna example? Okay, take someone trying to get rid of wrestling. Because of everything that's happened in wrestling, virtually anything can be twisted around to be from wrestling. Assault with a weapon? That's from wrestling. Running cars at each other? That's been done in wrestling too. Burying people alive or setting them on fire? Wrestling's done that as well. The PTC tried to do this a couple of years ago, make all of these incidents look like they are from the wrestling.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Someone doing this would be taking the quote horribly out of context. I'm not sure where it originated from, maybe the American Civil War, but it certainly had nothing to do with suicide bombings.
But it definitely could be interpreted that way, right? In fact, it wouldn't even be that much of a stretch, since the statement implies that it's better to die than surrender.

Which is why it is not a good idea to twist someone's work around. Otherwise you'll have another McCarthy or PTC situation on your hands.
I agree - so don't tell us about how this all comes from the Koran. The "Muslim" terrorists do use phrases out of the Koran and the Hadith, but these are taken waaay out of context. There is no way that a proper Muslim could justify any terrorist act.

Actually, it would be suprisingly in context at a point when the US is attacking Islamic nations (Note: I'm not saying they're being attacked because they're Islamic). Patrick Henry made his speech when the British were gathering military forces around what would become the US. He warned against allowing the British to come in and do things like disarm them and cripple their ability to fight. He advocated a fight to the death for freedom from the influence of a large outside government.

It's a statement about giving one's life for freedom. I can quite easily see how one could use it as support for suicide bombing. It may not be a correct interpretation of the original intention, but it's definately something encompassed in the words that were used in both that statement, and in the words preceding it.

Don't confuse Islamic fundamentalism with Islam. The fundamentalism was created in the 30's by western-educated Muslims. Guess what inspired them? Perhaps the European totalitarian regimes?

But it definitely could be interpreted that way, right? In fact, it wouldn't even be that much of a stretch, since the statement implies that it's better to die than surrender.

That's a pretty off view, but I can understand what you're saying. You would have seen how people such as those being kept in the detention centres would not think that being fed and housed as a refugee to be processed is better than being six feet under. This pont of view is not necessarily wrong, but it's one I do not agree with.

I agree - so don't tell us about how this all comes from the Koran. The "Muslim" terrorists do use phrases out of the Koran and the Hadith, but these are taken waaay out of context. There is no way that a proper Muslim could justify any terrorist act.

Which is why I said how it is in the Koran. Terrorists continually used this as a prop (prop, of course, because they wouldn't have a leg to stand on otherwise) to justify their actions. It was further proven when people such as the media and experts in the fields of terrorist psychology talk about terrorist actions being because of what they read in the Koran. I'll say it for the benifit of new members who might not have heard me say it before. No one has the right to kill innocent people because of a belief. No one. And no excuse is acceptable. Having not read the Koran, I am not sure whether or not what terrorists quote from it is the hory writ. But certainly terrorists are sick sick people and would twist this around in an attempt to allow justification for their actions.

Please wake up, would you. That stuff has nothing to do with religion. Religion is only the camoflage nothing more.
Sides what do I give for your constitution?! Even if the US forbids all religions how would that have changed the events? There still would be fanatics that claim to follow the Islamic believes.

That's a pretty off view, but I can understand what you're saying.
No, you don't understand - or if you do, you're ignoring it. If the suicidal terrorists that destroyed the WTC had been Americans who used "give me liberty or give me death" as their reasoning, nobody would blame Patrick Henry. Nobody would say that this act was caused by his ideology. On the contrary, all the psychologists of America would rush to the microphone to declare that this was a case of psychosis and delusion. It's like the Ku Klux Klan - nobody, nobody would ever dare call them Christian extremists, even though they certainly would claim they're doing what their religion demands of them.
What I'm saying, therefore, is that it's time to stop repeating this Koran argument. It's not the Koran, even if terrorists believe it is. This link must be severed - the most effective way of choking off whatever popular support these terrorists have is to continually highlight the fact that they are not Muslim, and that the West has no problem with Islam.
Failing to do so will cause two things - on the one hand, Muslims will believe that the West is out to get them, and on the other... well, look at Aries' last post :rolleyes:. This mutual distrust is a feedback loop which will escalate the conflict.

Originally posted by Delance
Don't confuse Islamic fundamentalism with Islam. The fundamentalism was created in the 30's by western-educated Muslims. Guess what inspired them? Perhaps the European totalitarian regimes?
Errrr... no. That's the secular Ba'ath party and other nationalist movements you're talking about. The fundamentalists are a reaction to these movements, inspired (partially) by the Wahhabi sect of Saudi Arabia.

I agree. One's belief can not be used as an excuse to kill innocent people. I'll try and make this as perfectly clear as I can. No one has the fucking right to fucking kill fucking innocent fucking people in the fucking name of a fucking belief. Not even the fucking U fucking S fucking of fucking A or fucking Musilum, fucking Islam, fucking European, or fucking A martian fucking terrorists. Killing innocent people for a belief or to make a political point is bullshit.

Back