The World Trade Center Movie

Is A Motion Picture (Feature Film) About 9/11 and the WTC Appropriate?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

pygmypiranha

Vice Admiral
There has been talk that there is a World Trade Center movie concerning the events that happened on 9/11 in production. More specifically, a movie is in the talks to be made about the events that lead up and include 9/11.

I don't know if this is going to be a historical fiction piece or what, but from what I have heard it will be something similar to TORA TORA TORA! in that it will deal with the facts and be based around a group or groups of people that actually were in the event instead of creating completely new characters and placing them in the disaster.

Do you feel that this is a good project? Do you feel that this is appropriate? Who would you say should star in such a movie?

I think it would SUCK . But that's just me. Maybe 20 years from now, for those that were too young, or not around yet, but I didn't miss anything the first time around. Think Apollo 13. TORA! TORA! TORA! wasn't made in 1944.

Besides, you would have some liberal puke spinning it like it was OUR fault. And I don't like the idea of anyone making money off it. That makes me want to go nuclear.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Ripper
And I don't like the idea of anyone making money off it. That makes me want to go nuclear.:mad: :mad: :mad: [/B]

I agree with you there. I think the one way I could agree with it if the profits went toward the victims.

Originally posted by Ripper
I think it would SUCK . But that's just me. Maybe 20 years from now, for those that were too young, or not around yet, but I didn't miss anything the first time around. Think Apollo 13. TORA! TORA! TORA! wasn't made in 1944.

Besides, you would have some liberal puke spinning it like it was OUR fault. And I don't like the idea of anyone making money off it. That makes me want to go nuclear.:mad: :mad: :mad:

i say it would be okay, but like you said, not now, and only if it was historically accurate, something hollywood has had problems with. the profits SHOULD go to the families of those who died.

but i wouldn't worry too much about some liberal asshole making it look like it was our fault, because if one does, his ass better move outta the country BEFORE the movie comes out, cause he wouldn't live long if he didn't

My exceptionally strong self-dicipline is the only thing that has kept me out of prison so far, but that might be the thing that finally tears it.

It's not something I'd like to see happen in my lifetime. For one, what would be the point of such a movie? Every year they're going to have the specials, such as that phone call with one of the people on the plane or the student being caught up in 9\11 when making a docuementary on firefighters, as they should. A movie is only going to cause more pain to those affected by this terrorist act (most of us) and like Ripper said, such a movie would be open to creative licence. That could make the movie such a farce. Or it could be made so that the whole movie is an attack on America, saying how it was orchastrated by the government and such. But I don't think they'd go that far.

Sure, it's a good idea. It probably won't be a great movie, and it'll probably be pretty dumb -- but it'll be something for the historical record that we can look back 20 years from now and go "that's how we felt about it then". Like any of the WW2 movies made during/immediately after World War II...

Maybe. In that case, we'd want to have Binladen captured and tortured to death then. Have his balls cut off. Methodically cut him to ribbons. Have him beg for death. Because that's exactly how we feel about September 11 and Binladen. Also be sure to throw in protests over whether or not we should take measures against terrorism that make the prolonged protests over Iraq look like the spat you had with your sister over who got the bigger slice of birthday case when you were seven. And...hey, how about having Napoleon star as a conspiracy theorist? :)

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Maybe. In that case, we'd want to have Binladen captured and tortured to death then. Have his balls cut off. Methodically cut him to ribbons. Have him beg for death.

Ok... lets not drop to their level...

Yeah, it really would be wouldn't it? I looked into this a bit, and I think if the President was to allow it to happen, someone could use it to bring him down.

Ham - Two sLices Productions presents

a Bandit LOAF film

SEPTEMBER 11th: The Movie

--

SCENE: THE TERRORIST AIRCRAFT CARRIER, IKS ZIGZAGOON

TERRORIST 1: {Haha, foolish Americans, we shall destroy their WORLD TRADE CENTER!}

TERRORIST 2: {And one segment of their foolish Pentagon!}

TERRORIST 3: {And a field in Pennsylvania!}

SADDAM HUSSEIN: {Surely this act of great evil will bring great honor to the evil terrorist empire!}

BIN LADEN: {Yes, but I cannot help but wonder if we have awakened the sleeping giant.}

--

SCENE: THE WORLD TRADE CENTER

AMERICAN 1: Dear god! They've destroyed our WORLD TRADE CENTER!

AMERICAN 2: And one segment of our foolish Pentagon!

AMERICAN 3: And a field in Pennsylvania!

--

SCENE: SECRET GIANT CAVE, DEEP BELOW DETROIT

SLEEPING GIANT: Raaaarrr. Who dares disturb me?

BEN AFFLECK: Terrorists! We've got to go fight them! Even though we're fighter pilots, and not especially good ones at that, lets fly bombers!

--

SCENE: BAGHDAD, THE MOST TERRIFYING CITY OF ALL

BEN AFFLECK: Woo! We've attacked something!

SLEEPING GIANT: AHH! I ARE HIT! BOOOO! *dies*

BEN AFFLECK: Oh dear God. I've got to get back and have sex with his girlfriend.

--

SCENE: THE AMERICAN FLAG

NARRATION, POSSIBLY BY A COOL SOUNDING ROBOT: *bzzzt* We didn't know if it were right *bzzzt* or wrong. But surely *pttth* the evil Terror Guild would pay for its cowardly *bttt* attacks. God bless America. *brreep*.

STARWIPE: THE END

LOAF, I think your script is missing that whole "flying for the Northern Alliance before the WTC attack & getting shot down/presumed dead" thing. That is simply not good enough, you must rewrite it :(.

Huh? Anyway, I honestly thought September 11 was a publicity stunt for Red Alert when I first got the news. Unfortunetly it wasn't, but if they're looking at making a movie of it, Red Alert might be a good source for ideas.

Maybe. In that case, we'd want to have Binladen captured and tortured to death then. Have his balls cut off. Methodically cut him to ribbons. Have him beg for death.

with terrorists, just put a bullet between their eyes and let god sort em out.

Huh? Anyway, I honestly thought September 11 was a publicity stunt for Red Alert when I first got the news. Unfortunetly it wasn't, but if they're looking at making a movie of it, Red Alert might be a good source for ideas.

I'm confused. Are you talking about Command & Conquer: Red Alert?

Back