The Wing Commander Galaxy Maps

Really, if you're going to point out something in a not so kind manner, it's generally a good idea to read the four pages of posts to make sure people haven't already dealt with the subject or you come off looking like a jackass. Chris has already realized his error and we've moved on.

Originally posted by Ghost
I have maps from the Andorran Sector and the Tri-sytem

The Andorran Sector is something the Aces made up.

The Tri-System is only three systems... and it's on my map.

I have some un-used maps from Privateer 3 somewhere, though... <G>

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

The Andorran Sector is something the Aces made up.

Which three systems?

I have some un-used maps from Privateer 3 somewhere, though... <G>

Sectors...

Okay, I know what the Canon sectors are (Eg, Vega, Kilrah, Epsilot, Gemini, etc...)

But what's the deal with the WC1 Expansion-pack sectors? They've got the 'Deneb Sector' and 'Antares sector'. Those sound a lot like quadrants, and I think they are quadrants. Please explain to me what the deal is... as in Typo or real sector.

Epsilot is a typo... :) (It sounds like a kind of cat.)

The universe map didn't exist in 1990 -- so they just made up new sectors whenever they needed them. When Johnny did the map in 1997, he incorporated the most major ones (Vega, Enigma, etc.) and turned the 'minor' ones into quadrants or systems (Antares, Deneb, etc.).

Re: Sectors...

Originally posted by -<Stiletto>-
Okay, I know what the Canon sectors are (Eg, Vega, Kilrah, Epsilot, Gemini, etc...)

But what's the deal with the WC1 Expansion-pack sectors? They've got the 'Deneb Sector' and 'Antares sector'. Those sound a lot like quadrants, and I think they are quadrants. Please explain to me what the deal is... as in Typo or real sector.

Well your right I think that Antares and Deneb are quadrants and are defintily systems. :)

Originally posted by Capn Johnny
And he did a damn fine job with the resources available..

:D

True, true... although I would have named Epsilon 'Deneb' since it was so important to SO2...;)

(hey, you never e-mailed me where to send the TAS CDs...).

Man i just seen Wolf 359 sector in vega weird thats a sector used in the Star Trek universe.....oh well learn something new everyday

I believe it's the 4th closest star to our Sun. Alpha Centauri is the closest, followed by Sirius.

Odd. It's been a long time since my interest in astronomy (primary school!), but I thought it was the Sun -> Proxima Centauri -> Alpha Centauri.

Where?

or perhaps "proximity" is derived from "proxima"
since I doubt when it was named it was known that it was the closest star

True, true... although I would have named Epsilon 'Deneb' since it was so important to SO2...;)

(hey, you never e-mailed me where to send the TAS CDs...).

Uh.. er.. there was a reason.. I'm sure of it..

But its been soo long.. and my memory isn't so good anymore..
:D

TAS CDs! I thought you forgot.. ;) I'll shoot you a mail shortly..

One of these days, I will have my own rank......

Back