The Wing Commander Galaxy Maps

Originally posted by Wedge009

[...and it makes sense, I'm sure "Proxima" was derived from the word 'proximity'.]
Originally posted by Filler
or perhaps "proximity" is derived from "proxima"
Filler is correct. Proximity comes from a latin root ("proxima" namely) meaning "close".

Originally posted by LeHah
I believe it's the 4th closest star to our Sun. Alpha Centauri is the closest, followed by Sirius.

are you counting the two others or jest counting the two with it since it's a tri system.

I was going by memory and God Knows I'm really rusty in the astrological department.

Does any one know the exact coordinates of the Sol Sytem which were used in the Wing Commander Movie when Blair was going to jump to Sol?

Originally posted by Chris Blair
Does any one know the exact coordinates of the Sol Sytem which were used in the Wing Commander Movie when Blair was going to jump to Sol?
Ill watch the movie again and try to copy the coordinates number by number

Ok im not sure if these are the exact because the craft was really moving while he was typing in the Coordinates(not Verbially).

-167889-Coordinates87593-Mark85493-Vector1059

Originally posted by Valor NR
-167889-Coordinates87593-Mark85493-Vector1059

Now we need t know the scale and the reference points, and we'll know everything. :)

Originally posted by Battler Hawke
are you counting the two others or jest counting the two with it since it's a tri system.
I have no idea what you are refering here. Proxima Centauri is the third star of the trinary-star Alpha Centauri system, if that is what you were refering to.

Does anyone have an idea what kind of alien races are around the Kilrathi terroritory.
Up until very recently, Kilrathi territory expands to consume alien races at their borders. So for the longest time, they were pretty much the same thing.

Does anyone have an idea what kind of alien races are around the Kilrathi terroritory.

The only known alien race adjacent to the Kilrathi is the Mantu, who are mentioned ever so briefly in the Prophecy manual.

It really depends on what you mean by near... I mean, the Firekkans are near... there are also aliens who are near, but no longer have any real civilization left... the Mantu aren't incredibly close...

Back