the website?

What the hell is it with this comunity ?!
I had an urgeny question, so I accesed the chat channel, it figures.
Asked a simple question and when I got no answear I wrote an all caps question, maybe then people would notice. Then a guy starts lecturing me about internet etics. WT.. telling me that I was YELLING, that I was trying to get attention.. Well hell I was trying.. So then I got kicked..
What the hell is it with these people.. girls who can't take a yell ?.. people who can't see themself because of there big self egos ?..
So I got kicked and still didn't get my info. I just can't stand this desinteres. I can't just slap my fingers and there it is, a scrolling map. If I'm gona finish this I want it to be something that people would remember ina good way.

so here's the simple question:
where do I place the The Tri-System ? do I leave at it's current position, because then I would have to add one more sector on top of eache top sector ?

EDIT: Sorry to barge in Cyb.

Leave the Tri System out for now and don't worry about it :) And yeah, some people do have big egos around here.... v_v I try not to. The reason why I disappear sometimes is that either I'm doing school stuff, or I had a collapse (I'm bipolar and sometimes I'll just fall asleep in the middle of the day).

Thanks for the hard work to you, too!

Zal said:
where do I place the The Tri-System ? do I leave at it's current position, because then I would have to add one more sector on top of eache top sector ?

Since we don't know how it links to Confed space, just put it wherever makes the map easiest to use.

Also, your description of events doesn't quite mesh with reality. When you walk into a room with a question, just ask your silly question.

[00:27] <Zalmodegikos> HEY, ANYONE WANT TO HELP WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE WING COMMANDER NAMAP, IT'S JUST A QUESTION ??!
[00:27] <lunitari> Negative.
[00:27] <ChrisReid> maybe you should ask your question rather than scream about it
[00:27] <ChrisReid> nobody will volunteer to help some random screaming guy

To which you started ranting about how typing in capital letters didn't amount to screaming. For five minutes we asked you to simply ask your question, without managing to pry it from you. Instead you started moaning about how much you were in a hurry to get your answer (at 4 freakin AM). In hindsight, I regret kicking you, because it would have been funny to see how long you could go on in such a ridiculous manner. You're welcome to come back and we could restart the clock.

well, i think i have to warn you people, that Zal is a nice guy, it's just his... hmmmm i do not know... nationality... too hot so he may get upset quickly or make people feel insulted. But just do not pay attention to it and you will be able to talk to him in a good way. I passed through that although sometimes he still surprises me

@Zal: well Zal the thing is that in the chat there are many people talking. I noticed one thing that you need to get answer at all costs. Nah.. just talk to people and ask them, they will listen to you and aswer you, do not rush them or yourself, that's why people get upset. And capslock won't give you the opportunity to be noticed ;) Cause that's really inpolite, believe me. You may create a topic called WC maps and ask all question there, i'm sure that way it will be easier for you to communicate and get all the answers you need. I think the best place to post this topic is here -> http://www.crius.net/zone/forumdisplay.php?f=5

ChrisReid said:
[00:27] <Zalmodegikos> HEY, ANYONE WANT TO HELP WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE WING COMMANDER NAMAP, IT'S JUST A QUESTION ??!
[00:27] <lunitari> Negative.
[00:27] <ChrisReid> maybe you should ask your question rather than scream about it
[00:27] <ChrisReid> nobody will volunteer to help some random screaming guy
To which you started ranting about how typing in capital letters didn't amount to screaming. For five minutes we asked you to simply ask your question, without managing to pry it from you. Instead you started moaning about how much you were in a hurry to get your answer (at 4 freakin AM). In hindsight, I regret kicking you, because it would have been funny to see how long you could go on in such a ridiculous manner. You're welcome to come back and we could restart the clock.
You are realy turing things around...
1. I did ask for help before the caps question...guess you didn't notice...
2. I posted 2-3 times after the question, saying something like "lol, you guys are a racket"... shure those were barely noticeble because of the amount of netiquet lecturing people so kindly were enlightening me with...
3. I just wrote a sentence with a key pressed.. on the other hand you kicked me for that.. people are so sensitive about large letter and I should be just fine with geting kicked trying to get some info for a project towards which I have no obligation and that I do only because it could prove my skills and because Cyb, which I respect, asket me to..

Cyberion said:
well, i think i have to warn you people, that Zal is a nice guy, it's just his... hmmmm i do not know... nationality... too hot so he may get upset quickly or make people feel insulted. But just do not pay attention to it and you will be able to talk to him in a good way. I passed through that although sometimes he still surprises me
Maybe it's something about my nationality, here we speak openly and don't get upset by the types of letters we use or stupid things like that.

Cyberion said:
@Zal: well Zal the thing is that in the chat there are many people talking. I noticed one thing that you need to get answer at all costs. Nah.. just talk to people and ask them, they will listen to you and aswer you, do not rush them or yourself, that's why people get upset. And capslock won't give you the opportunity to be noticed ;) Cause that's really inpolite, believe me. You may create a topic called WC maps and ask all question there, i'm sure that way it will be easier for you to communicate and get all the answers you need. I think the best place to post this topic is here -> http://www.crius.net/zone/forumdisplay.php?f=5
Well here's my point of view Cyb. The thing was I realy neded that info quikly because it involved setting the size of the scene, from where derives all line generation etc. and I could do nothing untill I knew what to do with those systems. I never knew caps were so 'impolite', maybe I should chat with foreigners more often.
And thanqiu for the link, I will try to create a thread there when the time comes.

[and yes I know all these post (and time consumed) could of been avoidet, if only I had posted more times and with no BIG letters, but what happened can't be changed and I felt I nedet to point outh also my point of view]

[I want to finish this project so to avoid any further problems I'll try to keep as quiet as posible]

Zal said:
You are realy turing things around...
1. I did ask for help before the caps question...guess you didn't notice...

No, you didn't. I'm turning nothing around. The log is plain as day. You did not ask for help before the caps question, and never at any point did you even ask your damn question. Here's the first thing you said:

[00:20] <Zalmodegikos> any WCU fans around ?

And here's the second thing you said:

Ad, lunitari, others and I were having a conversation. None of us present at the time were fans of WCU, so nobody replied. So no, you did not ask for help before your caps thing.

Zal said:
2. I posted 2-3 times after the question, saying something like "lol, you guys are a racket"... shure those were barely noticeble because of the amount of netiquet lecturing people so kindly were enlightening me with...

What the hell does that mean? A "racket" is a device for hitting tennis balls. You're still living in some non-reality. If I walked into a room and tried to get everyone's attention, and everyone started telling me that I just rudely interrupted them, I wouldn't start repeatedly laughing and giggling at them.

Zal said:
3. I just wrote a sentence with a key pressed.. on the other hand you kicked me for that.. people are so sensitive about large letter and I should be just fine with geting kicked trying to get some info for a project towards which I have no obligation and that I do only because it could prove my skills and because Cyb, which I respect, asket me to..

You did not accidentally hit a key, nor were you kicked for any single line you typed. You intentionally were obxious to try to get attention. You were not kicked for that. As you can see from the part of the log I quoted in my last post, I tried to help after that by telling you to post your question. Rather than do that, you chose to bitch and moan in circles. After a while, that started to really interfere with the discussion you interrupted. The only thing you've proved here is that you have no tact.

Zal said:
Maybe it's something about my nationality, here we speak openly and don't get upset by the types of letters we use or stupid things like that.

I don't know what country you're from, but people from all over the world uniformly told you in the channel that they don't take kindly to obnoxious behavior.

Zal said:
[and yes I know all these post (and time consumed) could of been avoidet, if only I had posted more times and with no BIG letters, but what happened can't be changed and I felt I nedet to point outh also my point of view]

You still don't get it. Nobody got mad at you for screaming in the channel. I said that typing in caps won't get you the attention that you were obviously going for, so you should just ask your question. A normal rational person would have taken that opportunity to ask their question. You, on the other hand, got all indignant and started arguing with everyone over the definition of screaming. That's why this happened. Not because you used capital letters.

Zal said:
4. The time here is 12am and temperature is around 0 so no worys there. Those beeing said let's just forget about it.

Yeah sure, as soon as you get the last word in, we'll all forget about it.

lol, take it easy man, you'll blow a vein or something.
chill, it was my mistake to continue this pointless discusion, from the begining.
you win, I was rude, I used CAPS, but as should I, you should learn to adapt.
not everybody makes so much of how they chat.
I apologise for bargeing into your conversation but be understanding and don't kick everybody who is not an elite in internet etics.
so, don't yell in chat rooms and don't let your self ego get the best of you (or at least write smaller posts), I got it.

by the way, the navmap script is comming along nicely and I'm preparing to pass to the basic design stage.

Hmm, y'all did a good job of cooling down. I think everyone understands that sometimes arguments about nothing can blow up.

Please let me know what I can do to help with the nav map.

Bandit LOAF said:
Please let me know what I can do to help with the nav map.
imediately after I have set the standard way of writing data, anybody who wants to help, can pick up a sector and write the information.

Zal said:
Imediately after I set the standard way of writing data, anybody who wants to help, cand pick up a sector and write the information.

ya just post a tutorial for us... ohhh wait i'm doing the graphics.. hmm.... well who knows maybe i'll make 1 sector ;) So people do not think of me as only an artwork guy ;)

Great, I'll be happy to dedicate time to doing that. I'm still Junior Stellar Cartographer (G)

Also, entering system descriptions -- about time I get going on a list of known planets/bases/etc.

File 1:
Code:
// Contains all information necessary for creating systems. \\
/*  
	Terran Confederation > terran
	Kilrathi Assembly of Clans > kilrathi
	Union of Border Worlds > union
	Free Republic of the Landreich > free 
	Grovsner Colonies > grovsner	
	Tri-System Confederacy > tri-sys
	Oasian Neutral System > oasian
	Firekkan Planetary Alliance > firakkan
	Unexplored System > unexplored
*/

var listSys:Array = Array(
"nume1 > 130,20 > terran",
"nume2 > 40,40 > terran",
"nume3 > 50,50 > terran",
"nume4 > 700,700 > terran");

1. "nume1" = the name of the system, can contain anything, except '\' and ' > ' and maybe others that I don't know that could be interpreted by flash, so please keep it clean and simple
2. " > " = it must be "_>_" where "_" is <space>, otherwise it won't work, the thing is that my script looks exactly for " > " and not something similar
3. "130,20" = first number is the x coordinate, the second is the y coordinates. separate them by "," or it won't work.
4. " > " = see (2) above
5. "terran" = the type of planet. can be any of the nine abbreviations presented at the start of the code for file 1, above.
6. you can enclose an entry in " " or ' ' but not in ' " or " '. but for the sake of compatibility enclose entrys in " ".
7. entrys can be in a any order.
8. be careful with names, they are case sensitive (I could change this if you would want so). Names used in File 1 and File 2 should be the same but there order is irrelevant to my program.

File 2:
Code:
// Contains all information necessary for creating jump lines. \\
/*	
	Jump Line > jump
	Pulsar Jump Line > pulsar
	Scylla Jump Line > scylla
	Charybdis Jump Line > chary
*/

var listJump:Array = Array(
"nume1 > nume2|jump, nume3|jump, nume4|jump",
"nume2 > nume1|jump, nume4|chary",  
"nume3 > nume1|jump",
"nume4 > nume1|jump");

1. "nume1" = the name of the system from which the jump line begins
2. " > " = it must be "_>_" where "_" is <space>, otherwise it won't work, the thing is that my script looks exactly for " > " and not something similar
3. "nume2", "nume3", "nume4" = the system where the jump line, started at "nume1", ends. the destination systems can be in any order.
4. "|jump" = the type of jump line. can be any of the four abbreviations presented at the start of the code for file 2, above. don't forget the "|", don't include any spaces.
5. ", " = between destination-systems-jump-line-type-groups. it is ",_" where "_" is <space>. it will not work any other way.
6. main entrys can be in any order.
7. you can enclose an entry in " " or ' ' but not in ' " or " '. but for the sake of compatibility enclose entrys in " ".
8. be careful with names, they are case sensitive (I could change this if you would want so). Names used in File 1 and File 2 should be the same but there order is irrelevant to my program.

For File 1, the x, y coordinates will be used as follows:
The map at https://www.wcnews.com/maps/avalon-1.htm should be used as guide.
A 'box' enclosed with 2 orange lines and 2 blue lines means a 'box' of 200 px x 200 px for the new map. So one 'box' in the old map could be separated in 20 'boxes', where a 'box' has a side of 10 px.
Here, problems arise. Because the old map has 10 x 8 'boxes', the new map has 2000 x 1800 px. Because of this, counting the x and y coordinates begins at the top-left corner of the top-left 'box'. If you understand this properly you should come up with a method of properly gathering data.

Post if you don't understand something, I will try my best at answering. You can even use caps, it makes no difference to me.

The text files should be sent at zalmodegikos14@yahoo.com (please, no spam).

Last edited by a moderator:
John Cordell said:
Would you mind to add us the Privateer Remake project to the list of links?

sure... just created what i could, so if you guys need to be fully added to the credits section as well, let me know the way you want to be added. and all that stuff, so we may keep the credits in the right way.

So that you know, much progress has been done on the navMap project. Still some bugs to kill and funtions to properly implement.
But still, it won't be more then a nifty flash gadget if it's database is empty...

Back