The Two Towers (SPOILERS)

Originally posted by LeHah
You realize that anyone who skips and hops through the forest and has control over it has to be awesome. Tom is so cool...
No, Bombadil is either a retard or an incredible pansy:

tombombadilisapansy.jpg

Art is a rather subjective thing:

conceptual_art_skeletor.jpg

Artwork care of Jean "Moebius" Giraud.

Calling anything by Moebius bad automaticly disqualifies you from this arguement for being obscenely wrong.

Eh, I've seen better and worse.

No one will ever be as good a Skeletor as Frank Langella. No one.

Originally posted by Aries
have you read the books? like i said, they cut out about 6 whole chapters of the book, most of it important to the plot. and the dead marshes was cool

Did anyone else miss the scene where Gandalf confronts Saruman in the aftermath of the Ent's attack on Ornthanc? you know, where he announces himself as Gandalf the White, and deposes Saruman and banishes him from the council (and also gets the palantir). That was my favourite part of the book ("Your staff is broken!)") and they full on left it out? Perhaps it will be in Return of the King, along with the Shelob scene, also conveniently forgotten?

I hope so, otherwise Peter Jackson is going to be confronted by another angry LOTR fan.

Originally posted by dave_1912
That was my favourite part of the book ("Your staff is broken!)") and they full on left it out?

I was waiting for that scene too! Methinks it'll be in the extended DVD release a year from now. One can only guess the length; Howard Shore wrote 5 hours of music for Two Towers alone.

i would think it would be in ROTK. it is fairly plot important and the movies i've heard were made to be as close to the books as possible.

I saw it at the 12:01 AM release as well, and once since then. I loved, but would have loved to have seen what they cut out.
i was surpried to have read this thread, and not see the most obvious thing i would have expected to see.
the film house that produces the Lord of the Ring movies is WINGNUT FILMs. i realize the stupidity on my part here, and the fact that it probably means something thing else, but i just thought it was funny to see wingnut on the big screen.

Originally posted by Happy
i was surpried to have read this thread, and not see the most obvious thing i would have expected to see.
the film house that produces the Lord of the Ring movies is WINGNUT FILMs. i realize the stupidity on my part here, and the fact that it probably means something thing else, but i just thought it was funny to see wingnut on the big screen.

This was pointed out after the first movie was released.

Back