The Stargazer

Bandit LOAF said:
The point is that it's *not* there, not that some element of the series is more "sophisticated" than some other one. If you can watch Star Trek and decide that it's a a futuristic glory-of-war story, then you are -- in no uncertain terms -- an idiot.

True, there are not major space battles every other episode. However they do exist. The pretext is there. Phasers, photon torpedoes, shields. There are also enemies to use them on. I am somewhat of a fan and when I see those things on the show I enjoy it. My imagination can make good use of it on any given day during lecture ;)
Granted, it is certainly not the focus of Gene Rodenberry's creation but that doesn't illegitimatize it? And who implied that it was?

Primate said:
The pretext is there. Phasers, photon torpedoes, shields. There are also enemies to use them on.
Granted, it is certainly not the focus of Gene Rodenberry's creation but that doesn't illegitimatize it? And who implied that it was?

Iceyl86. He's be going overboard with that stuff for the last week. That's what this whole thread is about.

powell99 said:
yeah its the one that is just the saucer and the engines
GCentaur1.jpg

hmm, excelsior based miranda
which brings up a question, was the miranda old enough to have a TOS TV era version?

privfan said:
which brings up a question, was the miranda old enough to have a TOS TV era version?

Nope. At least they didn't show anything like that in the show at all. It wasn't until the movies and the various tech books came out that things like that were seen.

privfan said:
infact when the Mirnada class was introduced in The Wrath of Khan, it was a huge step for paramount as that was like the 1st starfeet starship they were showing on-screne properly that was not constitution.

Dark_Knight said:
Some people take all this crap a little too seriously.
yes they do. they are called FANS!! you have your Star Trek fans, your Wing Commander fans and your Star Wing Trek Commander fans which are so messed up that they just keep throwing steaming meatpies at everyone so show youself !!!! :p

Dark_Knight said:
Some people take all this crap a little too seriously.

Just like some people act like trollish twits.

You know, like you're doing now.

Oh really....low blow there. Like your not by telling me that? See, here in case is my point. A trollish twit huh? hmmm...so so what does that make you, the white knight out to slay us trollish twits? Oh powerful admin, i tremble at those remarks made to....ya right. Some people are just taking this too far and make a big deal out of nothing and get all flustered over what's what. Your comment is however uncalled for

Banned for violations of CZ Rules 1, 2, 5, 9 & 10. - Chris

Iceyl86 said:
My bad, you're right... actually If im reading the technical manuel for DS9 right... a lot of the ships were actually old ships that were taken from the scrap yards, thrown together, and put out there... there were a bunch...

Constitution Class Variants

Constitution/Excelsior Variants

Intrepid Variants...

Its probably the most logical explanation as the nacelles are DEFINITLY Excelsior class... as for the saucer... a close look at it... shows that the outter part is Constitution refit... the rest I have no idea...

Here are a couple of examples of ships like that...

its interesting how they had Intrepid class variants. they were 1st shown in Voyager only and the special effects were not done my ILM which was working for DS9. so where did the Intrepid class variants come from ?

Foxtrot said:
mate i think u were a bit harsh on the bloke.

Judging from the PM he later sent me, from a second account he formed after the first one was banned (violating rules 12 and 14), I'd say more like "prophetic". The first post said he was acting like one, not that he was one.

He then went and proved me wrong, by actually being one.

And on a totally unrelated subject, you might want to try using the shift key where appropriate, not to mention type out "you" instead of relying on stupid internet shortenings. This isn't a multiplayer game where you have to communicate fast. You have plenty of time to type things out in proper English, which I'm pretty sure they still teach in Canadian schools.

Death said:
The MiG-29 isn't called the Fulcrum by the Russians because that's the designation NATO uses to refer to it.

Well, if you really want to be anal about it :)p), there are supposedly some Fulcrum pilots who like the name and have taken up calling it such

I suppose its worth noting they werent assembled from scrapyards.. there were designs and constructions based on resources available. And as I like to say a lot: if it works, it works.

Back