The Star Citizen Organization WCCIC

NinjaLA

Alex Von T.
It's been mentioned a few times that there should be some wing commander centric graphics associated to the organization page. Figured it was time to get the ball rolling and see if anyone has any suggestions or ideas :D

the organization can be found here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/WCCIC

let's get this train rolling :D

also we have 48 members already? awesome.

There was some talk of replacing the generic star we all have to identify ourselves on the forums. I'll suggest a the Confederation star (the four-pointed star) in the background in white, with either a sillhouette or a full-on top down image of a Rapier-II on top of it. Just a thought. Art for the organization page is going to be a might trickier.

Up to 50 this morning. :D

We can change that star icon in the corner to something else? Cool. I like the idea of a Confed star there although maybe with the sword on top like the VS Confed star?

As for the Org page, it's almost daring us to reuse the Blair/Paladin/Vespus shot. Although, seeing one of our favorite carriers wrecked might not be the right tone to set for us.

Maybe use the victory screen from WC1 for that main page?

The Victory Streak star might work pretty well for the icon, come to think of it.

Which victory screen were you thinking about, the Iwo Jima one, or the one of Tiger's Claw bombarding Venice?

I dunno about the org page image. I'm trying to think of any one single image that captures the essence of the entirety of Wing Commander (It was hard enough to do that for the cover of WCRPG). I suppose if you wanted to go with one explicitly from WC3, I'd suggest the image that appeared on the CD case - the one of Blair in his Excalibur outrunning the Temblor shockwave over Kilrah.

If that little logo can be changed, then you would want something simple which stands out. Otherwise fine detail would probably be lost. Something like the 2nd star would stand out better than the first star.
wc_squadron42_10.jpg

wc4confedflagbob.png

The larger thumbnail, that shows up in the organisation list and on the organisation front page, you can have your more detailed image. I'm not sure if you mean this one, Dundradal?
2-TerranConfedBadge.jpg

Then for the main image on the corporation page, how about something like this to inspire confidence?
timpeel_venice_assault_b_2560.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that render from Howard Day might be appropriate, even if it isn't official wing commander art assets. It does a marvelous job of recreating an iconic scene

I use the VS star logo at RSI as my avatar there so I'm quite partial to that. :cool:

I have to say I'm torn between Iwo-Jimaisc WC1 victory screen and Howie's Tiger's Claw.

AC Release at 29. May :Banana: And Fountry 42 gives Infos and Pics of the Gladiator and Retaliator :godlike:

So in 2 weeks we can play!

I support the Confed Star as the icon for our organization, I like it better than the combined forces star (though I'd be happy with it as well). I also agree that we should take a screen shot from one of the WC games.

As already mentioned, the Claw going towards Venice (either the original or Howard Day's interpretation) is a great choice for WC1. If WC 3, I too think that it should be the Excalibur fleeing from the shockwave (though that is not my favourite scene, it is iconic...and we could have a caption "What we did to the Kilrathi, we can do to the Vanduul!" or something like that).

Or, my personal favourite: why not the Claw from the WC2 intro before it is destroyed and then something like "In memory of the original Bengal Carrier" ?

Or, my personal favourite: why not the Claw from the WC2 intro before it is destroyed and then something like "In memory of the original Bengal Carrier" ?
I like, couple of other tag lines off the top of my head
  • "Lost but not forgotten"
  • "With our carrier destroyed, we seek endless vengeance through space" - Probably a but too militant this one.
  • "Tiger, tiger, burning bright. In the forests of the night" - random quote I had in my head for many years

What if we were to do a cross-fade? Say...the Iwo Jima on the left and Venice on the right, with the images dissolving into one another, with one of the two stars solid in the center and with the name of the organization either on top with a catchphrase at the bottom, or just the name at the bottom. I can picture this in my head, might be able to build it if I get some time today.

For a catchphrase, maybe "in all but name"? (I.e. SC is WC in all but name; a conceit, but a healthy one IMHO). Maybe in Latin.

I do like the Confed Star, although is the TC using it as their logo?

I like the idea of Howard's Claw image as our org backdrop. Although, by all means put together other ideas. I'm just throwing out suggestions myself.

I do like the Confed Star, although is the TC using it as their logo?

I like the idea of Howard's Claw image as our org backdrop. Although, by all means put together other ideas. I'm just throwing out suggestions myself.
The "Terran Confederation" org uses this image as their forum icon:
TCFT-Thumbnail.png

Their recruitment page really hams it up.

I'm sure we could use some other variation quite safely. Howard's Claw render looks ideal for our backdrop, as it was our first Bengal strike carrier. Shows our roots without using any EA copyrighted material, unlike our brother org.

That is, if Howard doesn't mind? ;)

I sent Howard a PM in case he hadn't seen this thread.

I think a nicely down Combined Forces logo would work for us. The CIC has been carrying the sword of WC since 1998. It also carries the additional meaning of our org containing Wingnuts from around the globe.

Any other ideas?

Considering the Terran Confederation org is using the confed star I would suggest the combined forces logo if possible. (Despite the fact I prefer the confed star)

as for the org background/header image I vote for the Howard Day image above. Its exceptional. I do have a soft spot for Klavs sabers V snakier image.
klavs_models211.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Howard has given the green light to use whatever we'd like of his for the org.

I don't think I can add a poll to an existing thread, but looks like we need to decide on the smaller logo.

I'd like the Combined Forces one, but we'd need it redone like the Confed Star which is outside my abilities.

I've replaced the banner graphic. It looks pretty slick up there!

So we need to choose a logo and an icon. Should both of them be the Combined Forces patch?

There's also a background image option. Any ideas for that one?

I've replaced the banner graphic. It looks pretty slick up there!

So we need to choose a logo and an icon. Should both of them be the Combined Forces patch?

There's also a background image option. Any ideas for that one?
That does look good up there.

As for the logo and icon, makes sense to me. I don't know if there any limitations with the icon, but given they are small keep it a simple representation of the patch, as opposed to the logo.

Back