The Perfect Wc Pc

TCSTigersClaw

Greek Special Forces B' Company "Naoussa" 2007-200
Im gonna buy a new Pc.Old one died...:(

Well in my old Pc a P166 win95 ,I managed to play all (every single-one) Wc games with no trouble at all.I managed to fix everything.So I played in dos mode and Win95 mode all the Wc`s with no Boot Disks or anything.

Now there is a major Prob.Ive been watching the TechSupport for a long time,and now im..scared.
There are lots of problems with the new Pcs and the old games.
I want my new Pc to be a perfect Wc player.

well im asking a lot.But i think its better to buy the Win98 or even win95 cause winME sucks
I dont have any question.I just wanted to say these somewhere......:D

What happened to the old PC? I don't think a brand new 2GHz machine with WinXP or whatever is going to do well as a 'perfect' WC machine.

I know, I dont know what Im going to do Wedge!Im very sad.

:(

My old Pc Died!I blew it!I got angry with one of XwingVsTIEFighter
Empire`s Mission(Balance of Power).Well , I get angry very easy.

So , I broke the Joystick,the mouse then the hole machine!I actually opened it and starting to kick it.There is almost nothing left Excpept of the sound card and the Videocard and some other stuff.:(

Damn me!Know i vgot to buy a new one.But I wont be apble to play tha WC games or other older games...............

Wow, what do you do to cats when they scratch you?
Open them up and start kicking them?

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
So, I broke the Joystick, the mouse then the whole machine!I actually opened it and starting to kick it. There is almost nothing left except the sound card and the videocard and some other stuff.
Wow, sounds like you need some anger management classes!

Why don't you make a partition with MS-DOS on it and then have a dual boot. That might work.

Wouldn't work on modern machines... too much speed for moslo to have any (playable) effect... my suggestion? find yourself a reseller and get a 486 133mhz. shouldn't cost more than 30 bucks, chip and motherboard.

No Wedge, Tiger'sClaw needed a clip around the earholes when he was younger from his parents.

If I even THOUGHT about doing that I'd be belted black and blue. Thats the problem with this world. We need a government like Starship Troopers ;)

Service GUARANTEES Citizenship

Ehh, don't be too harsh. Some people respond better to discipline than others. It also helps to realise that even having a computer puts you as being more fortunate than several others, no matter how slow the computer might be.

the perfect wc pc- the sound division

the first step in builing the perfect wc pc is getting your hands on
an old SB 32 with an extra wave table doughter bord.

I got my hands on a card of the first series!

i have an P4 1.7Ghz, 256mb ddr-ram and wc1-3 can't run normaly here. maybe it has to do something with win-xp

KS apparently works in XP, don't know about the DOS originals, but they all worked with Windows 9x systems.

True KS works with XP, with some minor adjustments of course :)
WC4 (DOS, CD version) works like a charm with the Win95 upgrade
Don't know about armada, academy, privateer, or privateer 2 (haven't taken the time to load academy or armada yet and I'm bidding on privateers as we speak)
If you wawnt to run WC:p, be sure not to get an SBLive! sound card, John has informed me that I'm pretty much SOL in the prophecy department which is a bummer because Prophecy was my favorite "pop in for a few minutes to kill something" game :)

By the way,

I have a 1.9GHz P4, 256Mb ddrRam, 64Meg Nvidia Geforce 3 Ti200 graphics card, and a SBLIve sound card.

Speaking of my graphics card, does anyone know how to get the nVidia nView dual monitor capability working? It's the last thing I have to configure and my computer is complete!

When you put a unusual URL (for instance anything with a query string or an anchor), you need to put the URL in quotes.

{URL="http://......"}some text{/url}

What makes the SBLive! a person's choice for a sound card? I'd have figured that the Audigy would be a better choice or something.

Back