The Outlander Trailer has Arrived!!!!

Nice catch - saw it many times and the brain didn't pick it up. That's a MAJOR mistake, I hope somebody feels bad. Unacceptable and totally bush league.

So besides the online keen, where is this trailer seen, I wonder?

And how can I send it to my freinds?

PG

My guess is that some non english speaking european cut together this trailer. It's most likely playing in theaters in eastern europe right now... That would explain the typo's. That kind of thing isn't uncommon on international posters and teasers.

And.... Email away:
http://download.wcnews.com/files/other/Outlander_trailer.flv

Looks great except for the cheesy CGI and Greenscreen.

This movie HAD the potential to be the next Predator or Alien, but it won't be.

They should have had a guy in a suit instead of the CGI if budget was a concern.

I am from Newfoundland, and had such high hopes for this movie, but think I am in for a
let down.....sorry.

LOKI

Awesome Trailer

I watched it over and over and the intensity is incredible...What movie do I have to see just to catch a glimpse of this on the big screen...I don't care if it's a chick flick... as if they would ever premier this in that format...just making a point. It's amazing!!! the wait was well worth it ...gonna go watch it again...thanks guys for bringing this to us.

They should have had a guy in a suit instead of the CGI if budget was a concern.

I am from Newfoundland, and had such high hopes for this movie, but think I am in for a
let down.....sorry.

LOKI

For the most part, I think it's pretty early to judge the CGI from that low res trailer. That said I didn't really see any shots that stood out as bad. I have a higher resolution clip of that burning planetscape somewhere around here and it looks pretty convincing

stats.JPG

So far this has been a pretty amazing day, and it still has a couple hours to go! I think I might have had 500 unique visitors the day the Poster hit the web...

sophia myles

the trailer is OK, but where the hell is Sophia Myles, I wan't to watch this movie for her :)

It Looks AWESOME!

Awesome, simplky awesome! I want the trailer in HD!

Are you Serious ?

What a bunch of crap, i cant believe that the studio allow films of this caliber to be made. i saw the entire storyline within the trailer ... so that's over a years work, hundreds of man hours dedicating themselves on a film that i can tell you the ending in 1min36 sec's .... absolute bollox

its so frustrating the amount of dire scripts that make it into production ... i can basically sit on the toliet on a saturday morning and dump out better material that this film .......

I doubt that this film will barely be able to tread water at the box office

Outlander ??? Out of a job more like

stats.JPG

So far this has been a pretty amazing day, and it still has a couple hours to go! I think I might have had 500 unique visitors the day the Poster hit the web...

that's pretty amazing. AD were you the first one to bring this trailer to light? or did you catch it somewhere and brought it here? I know a lot of other sites consider your page the official site of Outlander and reference stuff you provide as links. whatever the case you've been on this from the beginning and you deserve the recognition.

hi

i am from switzerland and life in japan. my question is, when comes the movie out in japan? it comes in cinema or is it a direct dvd thing here? i asking because some moveis take so long time, till thy come out here :( example, the movie hitman was here in cinemas littlebit more then 1 month ago :-s and at that time it was already out on dvd in swiss.

haha, never heard of the movie, then in the trailer I was like, aha just another swords and arrows war film, then a spaceship, and a man hunting dragons!
awesome!

Interesting point of view....however.

This trailer doesn't tell the whole story...and I will not fall for people looking for spoilers. WAIT UNTIL IT DEBUTS IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS :)

What a bunch of crap, i cant believe that the studio allow films of this caliber to be made. i saw the entire storyline within the trailer ... so that's over a years work, hundreds of man hours dedicating themselves on a film that i can tell you the ending in 1min36 sec's .... absolute bollox

its so frustrating the amount of dire scripts that make it into production ... i can basically sit on the toliet on a saturday morning and dump out better material that this film .......

I doubt that this film will barely be able to tread water at the box office

Outlander ??? Out of a job more like

This trailer doesn't tell the whole story...and I will not fall for people looking for spoilers. WAIT UNTIL IT DEBUTS IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS :)

For Sure! Of course the movie might not be for everyone and different people have different tastes but I can't stand that kind of cynical, judgemental attitude when people haven't really seen the film.

On another note, I - maybe naively - thought today couldn't possibly be busier. But we already have over 11000 unique visitors today and it's only 9A.M. I almost feel a little embarrassed that I haven't finished renovating the back rooms yet.

let down.....sorry.

LOKI

This movie looks amazing!!! It may not live up to Newfie CGI standards but with all the amazing VFX houses in Newfoundland I'm not surprised. For the rest of us with lower standards, this movie is going to rock! ;P

Hi, just joined. The trailer looks awesome and I can't wait for more!! This movie's gonna rock so damned hard!!

Hi Avery, welcome to the forum.

Also, this seems to be getting a ton of great attention. I hope it gets the release gears in motion finally. On top of the 10000 or so that watched the youtube version I had a lot more visitors today than I expected I'd get:

stats2.JPG

Insane!

that's pretty amazing. AD were you the first one to bring this trailer to light? or did you catch it somewhere and brought it here? I know a lot of other sites consider your page the official site of Outlander and reference stuff you provide as links. whatever the case you've been on this from the beginning and you deserve the recognition.

I was for all intents and purposes the first one to bring it to light. It was once I brought it here that anyone actually took notice. Folks like the recently joined Avery Guerra have been posting messages around the web and trying to get word out. I did a little forum hunting and emailing to kind of try and direct things too but I somewhat avoid starting threads about it other than at the IMDB or Sophia Myles or Jim Caviezel fan sites. But I do post to other forums threads where I feel I can add something that might be needed to direct a conversation appropriately.

i am from switzerland and life in japan. my question is, when comes the movie out in japan? it comes in cinema or is it a direct dvd thing here? i asking because some moveis take so long time, till thy come out here :( example, the movie hitman was here in cinemas littlebit more then 1 month ago :-s and at that time it was already out on dvd in swiss.

I'm sorry, I haven't really come accross any info on when the movie will come to Japan. I know the movie is supposed to be released in Korea by a company called J-net that I haven't been able to find anything about. But the biggest help we could have is someone who can actually speak and read Japanese keeping their eyes and ears out for info. I end up having to rely on crappy google translations for info. India should have the film around the end of November. I would imagine Japan, if it already has a distributor should get it around the same time. But it might not have been picked up for that territory yet either. Seems like just the kind of thing Japanese people might really dig though.

As for switzerland I think Frenetic is distributing it but I haven't heard anything about what their plans are.

I did a little forum hunting and emailing to kind of try and direct things too but I somewhat avoid starting threads about it other than at the IMDB or Sophia Myles or Jim Caviezel fan sites

AD, I just wanted to say here that you have done a heck of a job not only with this site, forum and everything included. Its been awesome being kept up to date and as a Jim Caviezel fan and moderator/poster at Jim's websites and links, its been the best anticipated way to wait for an awesome flick and interact while we wait out this film!!!:)

Im coming here daily now and thrilled to see all the hits your website is getting! Keep up the great work and soon we'll be able to see this rockin' film!!!!!!

'Schnellart'

I was an extra in the movie and I have to say that the trailer looks great. We (the other extras) were a bit worried that the movie had a bit of a low-key feel but the post-production work has totally sorted that out. I'm really excited now.

There's loads of great set-pieces which don't appear in the traliler at all so don't judge the movie on the trailer alone.

For those who are concerned, Sophia Myles appears in the movie quite a bit and she's lovely.

Back