The most loathed startfighter ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haesslich said:
The Rapier is the experimental fighter in WC1, unless you count flying a Dralthi in SM2 to be 'experimental'. :D

ahh, i got confused cos of this quote:

overmortal said:
The Panther is to WCP what the Raptor is to WC1. It's not the "super duper fighter" that everyone instantly falls in love with

so i assumed u got another even better one (like teh vamp in WCP) later on if its not "the super duper fighter" lol...

Haesslich said:
Dragon and T-Bolt for WC4.

Erm...

While the novelization has Blair in a T-bolt, it's not a flyable ship in WC4 the game. :)

(Dirty rat bastiches... the thud kicks a55. :p )

Its a toss up

I can't decide what is worse : Epee, Scimitar, or the Dralthi MKII. They are all cannon fodder craft. Saftey in numbers. But unfortunatly they never give you enough wing men to have numeric superiority. That is the only why any of these three ships are of any use. Like in Privateer the only time you're in trouble against a Talon is when there are four of more of them but of course double IM RECS make o short work of them, but if youve been on a long haul and outta missiles youre in trouble.

Death said:
Erm...

While the novelization has Blair in a T-bolt, it's not a flyable ship in WC4 the game. :)

You are correct. 'twas a good ship. Fargin' bastages.

Yes, the Thunderbolt is really a great ship.
Really good one. I'd be really happy to play it in WCIV

Death said:
Erm...

My mind is gone. :p Banshee's not bad, but I'd rather take an Avenger out - and I never did Speradon, so didn't get the Bearcat. :D

The Bearcat is really weird. IIRC, very good speed and manoeverability (SP????), but the guns were plain freakish. It seemed like your shot were just wider than the targets. The cannons were too far apart. sad, really.

The Bearcat was designed to replace the Hellcat. Take that as a warning or a compliment.

The *Tigershark* was designed to replace the Hellcat. The Bearcat is a pure space superiority fighter... a predecessor to the Vampire and the Panther.

Speed and maneuverability are important, to a certain degree, depending on your style. I'd have to say my favorite two things to do (in WC1) are frontals and shelton slides. The Raptor was good at both because its front shields would take a beating (but never play chicken with a Jalthi) and its guns would make short work of pretty much everything short of a Gratha or a capship. I think the key to not getting yourself beaten silly in a Raptor (and it can happen quickly) is to stay one step ahead of your opponent(s) and know when their shots are coming.

raptor > rapier always. Yeah, it was an privalege(sp?) to be in a Raper, but I've always hated that thing.

Bandit LOAF said:
The *Tigershark* was designed to replace the Hellcat. The Bearcat is a pure space superiority fighter... a predecessor to the Vampire and the Panther.

The Tigershark was based on the Hellcat design, but can we really say it will ever truly replace it?

Some ships are so bad they are space inferiority ships!

The Tigershark was based on the Hellcat design

No, it wasn't. It was designed to *replace* the Hellcat. As in "we needed a new medium fighter to fulfill the same functions as the Hellcat, so we designed the Tigershark."

Bandit LOAF said:

Whoops. Damn, you're right. I was thinking of the right ship with the wrong name. I haven't played WC4 in some time.

Bandit LOAF said:
No, it wasn't. It was designed to *replace* the Hellcat. As in "we needed a new medium fighter to fulfill the same functions as the Hellcat, so we designed the Tigershark."

Yeah, you are correct. I've read on the game stuff that it was on the same "evolutionary line" or something, but it was not based on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back