The Final Tolwyn Thread (But maybe not)

Yes he is the 12..... and who is the 1st or 2nd ???
How is that 11 persons kills more kitties than Blair (us)??
And how many ????

It doesnt say. It did not give a list. It just mentioned what position they held in thier character bios.

Blair being the 12th ace is explained somewhere in one of the supplemental books with the games. I can't quite remember which one,(maybe the one with that came with Kilrathi Saga) but he's only considered 12th because of the aces who were in the earliest days of the war were flying in crappy ships (compared to what blair flew with for most of his career) and had a higher chance of death.

Technically, if you go by kills alone Blair should be the #1 ace because of Kilrah.

Even without that (much more fair that way) I had 4,000 some kills by the end of WC3 (tallying them up on a sheet of paper when the games wouldn't let me transfer kill #s)

So anyone who played through most of the main story games would have a hell of a lot more kills than most of the first aces.

Plus all the other pilots rejoice when they get one or two kills, and you come out of a lot of missions with at least 6.

Well if you read just three posts down, I said it was in the Prophecy manual.

And they dont count innocent civilians in your kill count. Only enemy pilots.

[Edited by Supdon3 on 07-24-2001 at 00:36]

Originally posted by Arcadian15
Blair being the 12th ace is explained somewhere in one of the supplemental books with the games. I can't quite remember which one,(maybe the one with that came with Kilrathi Saga) but he's only considered 12th because of the aces who were in the earliest days of the war were flying in crappy ships (compared to what blair flew with for most of his career) and had a higher chance of death.
Actually, if I remember right from the Prophecy manual (Or somewhere else, I don't remember really) earlier aces did have higher kill counts because the Kilrathi they fought earlier on had crappier ships and were not as good at flying as the Kilrathi later on.

It also mentioned that it was amazing Blair was as high as he was, flying in an age of better Kilrathi ships/tactics (no great turkey shoots like before)

But not as crappy as the Kilrathi. During the Battle of McAuliffe Thrakhath's brother commented that the beating that Tolwyn's fighter was taking would have destroyed a Kilrathi fighter but its shields were still holding.

My bad, Blair is the 11th hightest ace, Maniac still the 14th. BLair also holds the record for the most Kilrathi Ace kills. But nothing about how it was especially important due to technological changes since the beginnig of the war.

And speaking of technological changes, at the rate we're going, Casey will become the new #1 ace. Can you believe surpassing Maniac's 2000+ record in two campaigns? :eek:

The bugs really know how to help someone kill score... ;)

And if I remenber correctly the Kilrathi early in the war also use kamikazi tactics, its helps when the enemy fighters fly a stait line and dont fight back (and ConFed fighters were a lot better that Kilrathi fighters).

Also Blair spend 10 years flying a desk (WC I - WCII) and Maniac break down and end flying prototypes fighters before end in active duty back in WC III.
That is a great deal of time that could have been use to climb up in the kill score...

[Edited by Dragon on 07-27-2001 at 00:16]

Well... avoiding combat for periods is also a good way to lessen the chances of being counted in some furball ace's killscore <G>

Back