the dust cannon sound

Chevieblazer

Spaceman
hi, i'm looking for a machine-gun like sound for gattling mass drivers for my wc mod for nexus.
the dust canon would be an excellent choice, so i wanted to ask if you guys could help me out with this one...

Just use the Treman extractor and extract the sounds yourself from WCP SO. It shouldn't be too difficult. All the tools you need are found either on this site or linked to on this site. (Check the front page on the left side bar).

Well, I do have all the SO sounds extracted somewhere, so it's no problem for me to email them to you - gimme an address prepared to handle a largish attachment, and you'll have the sounds even today.

It's 16.7mb :p. I've just emailed you the first half (or rather, the email is being sent, which'll take a minute or two :p ). Let me know when you receive and download it (or if you don't receive it at all), and I'll send the other half.

Oh, I forgot the most important part. I went and checked the game to find out which sound is the dust cannon sound. Then I checked the sounds I've got extracted... and it turned out that this sound is one of the three SO sounds that, for some unknown reason, aren't converted to WAV properly (they end up taking 0 bytes). So, while you'll get a whole lot of other sounds, it may be that you won't get the one you wanted the most. However - if you want a machine gun sound, use the one we used for the viper cannon in UE, which is #20.

viper cannon is the one the scimmy used, right? that would be very cool. either that or the one from the banshee's scatter cannon
didn't get anything yet, though

i'll be off the net for tonight. i'd suggest we do part 2 tomorrow, since i can't check for pt 1 any more tonight

Had some trouble sending it, but after I divided it into three files instead of two, I was finally able to send the first lot.

Well, maybe it's just taking a very long time - it is a big email, after all. If you still don't get anything by tonight, I'll just upload the whole thing somewhere.

Right. Well, I've uploaded the sounds, and emailed you the link.

Anyway, let me know when you've downloaded the package, so that I can take it down.

got it! let's see what we can get out of this:D

one question, though:
you said that the viper cannon sound was #20, but this list starts at #25?

No, the list starts at 0. The thing to keep in mind is that some of the files are labelled, while others are simply converted to wav and left unnamed. This basically depended on whether I identified the sound or not (in most cases, I didn't bother - I only identified the sounds I needed, or recognised on first hearing). So, for example, the Viper sound is called "20_ViperSound.wav". On the other hand, an unlabelled sound file might be called "00000001.iff.wav".

hi quarto,

i am building a sound library for future films (when my production company gets going) and scifi sounds are a large part of the burgeoning library, i was wondering if i could get a copy of the sound files as well. my email address fetalblast@yahoo.com, or you could use something like http://www.yousendit.com/.

it would be much appreciated, thanks
-brad

Sure, email is on its way. I wonder, though, won't you have legal problems using samples from a game? You may be better off buying a few of those free sound samples CDs...

poopnoodle said:
i am building a sound library for future films (when my production company gets going) and scifi sounds are a large part of the burgeoning library, i was wondering if i could get a copy of the sound files as well.

Yeah, Origin has encouraged fan mods to play with sound files and things like that, but EA doesn't react well to companies or businesses using its stuff.

Back