The Confed has TCS for ships what have Kilrathi???

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
I think it's KIS - Kilrathi Imperial Ship. Not too sure though.

Correct, it's KIS. I think I read that in one of the novels, but I at least know I've seen it somewhere "official".

Hmmm, I always thought that the "s" in those acronyms stood for "service", not "ship" .. I could be wrong though. Anybody know?

Also, who knows what TCS stand for?:)

Originally posted by Corsair(pilot)
Hmmm, I always thought that the "s" in those acronyms stood for "service", not "ship" .. I could be wrong though. Anybody know?

Definately Ship if they keep with naval tradition.

You should read those (really cool) WC novels. For some reason, KIS Hvar'Kan comes to mind. Anyone willing to trade novels? I have WC3, WC4, and Fleet Action. I would trade for any other one.

While on this topic, note the Confed ship role designations (CV 46). CV stands for multi-purpose carrier. Every kind of ship (and boat) has a designation.

Might as well go through the ones I know...

Terran Confederation= TCS (Terran Confederation Ship)
Union of Border Worlds= BWS (Border Worlds Ship)
Kilrathi Imperial Navy= KIS (Kilrathi Imperial Ship)

I don't remember what the main Kilrathi governmental body became after the end of the destruction of Kilrah (what was the name of the actual war? Great War? Kilrathi War?). There are the feudal colonies, I know, but there should be a main body. I'm guessing Melek is in charge?

Let's have some input, I guess.

IIRC Melek is in charge, it´s like a council presided by Melek, with councilors from every colony.

Directly after the war there seems to be some sort of provisional government that Melek's heading... It isn't exactly... um... very powerful. What had been the Empire fractured into various clan's holdings and a bunch of other warlords (The story of one is told in False Colors). I believe Keith had planned to have the empire tied back together and a new dynasty born (once again, see False Colors to see where he was heading). With Prophecy, however, we know that an Assembly of Clans was formed, which is, I assume, exactly as the name suggests.

As far as I recall we haven't seen a ship of the navy of the Assembly of Clans refered to in such a way that we'd know.

Of course, we don't even know if they have a navy. It may well be that the Assembly of Clans is only a loose confederation, with each clan having its own navy. There's nothing to support such a theory... still, would Confed really want to see a united Kilrathi state with a navy?

Back