The absolute best Confed fighter is.....

Which of these bad boys suits your fancy?

• Hellcat

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Epee

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but I guess the purpose in the mission Angel mentioned was to surprise the enemy, who wouldn't be expecting a torpedo run from Epees... IMHO their flak gunners would have been aiming towards more "threatening" targets (e.g. Broadswords)... :p

Maybe they just wanted to get rid of all those Epees and pray for better replacements... then again, there are easier ways to dispose of Epees, without even needing to waste torpedoes on them <G>

--Eder

Originally posted by Raptor
Ah, but she still didn't want Blair flying that mission, did she? :-D
Mmmh yeah... IIRC, she first assigned the mission to Blair (and Stingray?), then changed her mind because she thought it was too dangerous...eheheh :D

Still, who said piloting an Epee with a torpedo wasn't dangerous? :p Hell forget the torpedo, piloting an Epee is dangerous, period! :p

Originally posted by mpanty
Still, who said piloting an Epee with a torpedo wasn't dangerous? :p Hell forget the torpedo, piloting an Epee is dangerous, period! :p

Heck ya, d00d!!

Where did they manage to fit a torpedo, anyway!? Besides, wouldn't a torp weigh down that piece of... origami!?

Well I'm sure they had a lot of refitting to do... for one thing, no other missiles beyond the torpedo...

Gotta go with the 'Cat, a true artist's machine. With no autoslide, only decent particle weapons, a mediocre compliment of missles, and adequate sheilding and armor you may ask what keeps you in space? The answer: Skills, talent and two big brass balls hangin low in your flight suit!

C-ya

Oh by the way, the Epee is a beer can with particle cannons latched to it! :) Still you put enough of them out there . . . strength in numbers.

C-ya

Originally posted by Viper61
Gotta go with the 'Cat, a true artist's machine. With no autoslide, only decent particle weapons, a mediocre compliment of missles, and adequate sheilding and armor you may ask what keeps you in space? The answer: Skills, talent and two big brass balls hangin low in your flight suit!

But wouldn't those skills be put to better use in a better fighter?

C-ya

HELLZ YES!! Viper, you da man!!

I love my Hellcats, baby! I know how to fly 'em too! I got two pewter planets that keep my eye on the prize!

OW :cool:

C-ya

Basically you just said that it's an artist's ship because it's not a good fighter...

Originally posted by Col.Dom

HELLZ YES!! Viper, you da man!!

I love my Hellcats, baby! I know how to fly 'em too! I got two pewter planets that keep my eye on the prize!

OW :cool:

Erm... You realise that you just insulted all of the female Hellcat pilots in existence, right?

Epee is my choice. Simply because it's NOT a Hellcat. ;)

I'm no fan of the Hellcat, but give a choice btween *those* two, I would go for the Hellcat every time. :D

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor
I'm no fan of the Hellcat, but give a choice btween *those* two, I would go for the Hellcat every time. :D

For the second time today I find myself agreeing with you.

I like a challenge. Gimme the Epee for 50, Alex.
Challenge is right... Remember those dreadful missions alongside Spirit in that thing? Now that takes SKILL to survive one of those missions in one try! :)

The Hellcat is one of my favourite fighters of all time.
Sure something like the vampire might be good simply coz it's got good stats, but beauty goes beyond stats :p

Originally posted by Filler
The Hellcat is one of my favourite fighters of all time.
Sure something like the vampire might be good simply coz it's got good stats, but beauty goes beyond stats :p

You just saved the Hellcat. You are the bestest :cool:

HELLCATZ FOREVER!!

Originally posted by Filler

The Vamp didn't look all that bad... Give it some credit. It has multi-directional engines.

Hellcat doesn't. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back