The absolute best Confed fighter is.....

Which of these bad boys suits your fancy?

• Hellcat

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Epee

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would certainly have to say that they are both kindda crappy. I am sticking with the arrow and the Excalibur as my favorites.

Out of these two?

The Epee - no, just kidding. The Hellcats not a bad bird, but the epee was. I'd rather have gone out in a spacesuit than that thing:)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
The Epee surely beats the Hellcat. After all it was fast, maneuverable and not badly armed for its size.

While I loved the Epee on the second mission I flew with it (every time I started a string of missions with them, it would take me one mission to remember to change flying styles), "not badly armed" is not the term I would use to describe it. I'd say more along the lines of "over gunned". Replace the guns with weapons that only pulled about half the power load, and reroute the extra power through the shields, and you'd probably have a pretty nice fighter.

But I'd still take an Epee over a Hellcat any day of the week.

Well I prefer the Hellcat over the Epee for two reasons. First, the Hellcat, like all WC3/4 ships, has six missiles that you can customize, compared to the 2HS/2DF missiles on the Epee (I thnk the Epee should have 2IR/2HS instead, really). The second reason is that the Epee has such thin armor that fighting in it consists primarily of dodging enemy fire, because three hits is enough to kill you. If the Epee had armor as heavy as that on the Ferret, (which is to say, about 50% thicker), it might become livable, but as it is, if you're hit, you're dead.

Actually, I would prefer the Arrow over either of them, since it has autoslide. ^_-

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
The Epee surely beats the Hellcat. After all it was fast, maneuverable and not badly armed for its size.
You must like death traps monsieur... may I suggest a Salthi for dessert? :p

Oh, truly!

When was the Epee made, anyway? I mean, the Hornet beats it out and, when compared to the Ferret (a scout/patrol fight, I might add) is still a paper airplane.

Say, didn't Maniac fly an Epee against that ex-Confed-Hero-Cum-Pirate?? HAHAHA :p

Originally posted by Ghost
IIRC in one of the WCA episodes appears a Epee with a torpedo

Is that the one with the defected war hero (Carnes, was it??) who recruited Maniac into his band of pirates? That was, like, my favorite episode. I think it was the second one?

All I know is Maniac takes on the dude in an Epee! Hijinx ensue :D

In addition, in one of the mission briefings, Angel mentions another wing will fly modified Epees with one torpedo each...

Let me get this right: An Epee, which has all the damage resistance of a piece of toast, is meant to fly slow, straight and level long enough to get a torpedo lock while the capship blasts at it with flak cannons and AMGs? I guess that's the kind of mission you assign to the pilots you *really* don't like. :D

Best, Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back